• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Is Kurt Thomas is owning Al Horford

dhawk

Isn't this why we got Joe Smith? Is he hurt or what. I must have missed that.

We got Joe Smith as a power-forward to back up Smoove and provide leadership and depth, plus show up for the playoffs. Unfortunately he has looked so bad leading up to the playoffs Woody is not going to play the dude unless Josh is in foul trouble or hurt.

Thomas is a savy vet that has been in playoff wars and this is just Al's 3rd year. Give the kid a freaking break. He gives up probably at least 30-40 lbs to Thomas and when the ref's let Thomas

get cheap fouls and throw forearms and elbows, Horford has a rough time of it. Atl least he is trying to play through it and not complaining every 10 seconds like Smoove. All will learn from this

experience and it will pay off down the road. There is no substitute for playoff experience.

excuses, excuses!!

• Moderators

So let me get this straight. Joe Smith's numbers in the playoffs for the Cavs last year:

16 minutes/game 5.5 points 3.7 rebounds. Not huge but its only 16 minutes!

So in one year the guy has declined so much physically and mentally that he can't get off the bench? Please. At the very least let him get in a fight with Kurt Thomas to get his *ss ejected. We loss nothing in that.

So let me get this straight. Joe Smith's numbers in the playoffs for the Cavs last year:

So in one year the guy has declined so much physically and mentally that he can't get off the bench? Please. At the very least let him get in a fight with Kurt Thomas to get his *ss ejected. We loss nothing in that.

Mac . . . Joe Smith shot almost 50% FG last year in Cleveland.

This year in ATL, he shot just under 40% FG. His midrange shot totally left him. And in this series, he's waaaay to slow to be a factor.

So yeah . . he's garbage.

I think Joe Smith has been focusing too much on his music and trying to cut a record deal or something. Right now, our bench is a big weak spot along with the SF. Crawford and sometimes zaza are the only two that has made positive contributions. A 7 man-rotation at best.

• Moderators

Mac . . . Joe Smith shot almost 50% FG last year in Cleveland.

This year in ATL, he shot just under 40% FG. His midrange shot totally left him. And in this series, he's waaaay to slow to be a factor.

So yeah . . he's garbage.

I don't think his fg% means anything because he's barely played any significant minutes. So he's too slow to guard Kurt Thomas?

I don't think his fg% means anything because he's barely played any significant minutes. So he's too slow to guard Kurt Thomas?

You do realize we play a switching defense, right?

It isn't like Thomas scored much the last two games.

Bottom line is that Joe Smith has been garbage this season. I don't care what he did in previous seasons.

that's come back to....coaching? just a simple look i believe a veteran would know that but ooh, those veteran(s) never get a chance to get off on the floor....

Thomas is a savy vet that has been in playoff wars and this is just Al's 3rd year. Give the kid a freaking break. He gives up probably at least 30-40 lbs to Thomas

This ain't nothing but next level homerism. Thomas is listed at 6-9, 230 and nearly 38 years old.

Horford is listed at 6-10, 245.

Game 3: Horford = 10 and 3, Thomas = 8 and 13

Game 4: Horford = 8 and 8, Thomas = 9 and 9

Bottome line: Man the F up Al!