• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Keep Joe, Al, & Josh

AHawks89

Keep the core of our team that have been together for years. I think I heard from somewhere that by keeping the same players for years is pretty much a 4-5 more wins each season. That's not the point though. But Imaging keeping all of these guys together for another year under a new coach. We don't know what everyone is capable of doing with a new coach. I think the missing piece of this team is a new coach, point guard, and more depth to our bench. How do we lose with 3 all-stars (yes, even Josh) and the best 6th man. Somethings weird about that, right? How many 4th quarter meltdowns have we had this year? Way too many is the answer. With a new coach, point guard, and some depth to our bench, we would be unstoppable and one of the most exciting teams to watch in the NBA. I'm sure we can pick up some decent players this summer and resign Joe. I hope so at least.

Anyways, those are my thoughts.

I believe we will win game 6 & 7 and put up a good series against Orlando, if not then those are the changes I think that need to be taken.

Go Hawks!

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Keep the core of our team that have been together for years. I think I heard from somewhere that by keeping the same players for years is pretty much a 4-5 more wins each season. That's not the point though. But Imaging keeping all of these guys together for another year under a new coach. We don't know what everyone is capable of doing with a new coach. I think the missing piece of this team is a new coach, point guard, and more depth to our bench. How do we lose with 3 all-stars (yes, even Josh) and the best 6th man. Somethings weird about that, right? How many 4th quarter meltdowns have we had this year? Way too many is the answer. With a new coach, point guard, and some depth to our bench, we would be unstoppable and one of the most exciting teams to watch in the NBA. I'm sure we can pick up some decent players this summer and resign Joe. I hope so at least.

Anyways, those are my thoughts.

I believe we will win game 6 & 7 and put up a good series against Orlando, if not then those are the changes I think that need to be taken.

Go Hawks!

I agree with pretty much all of this. I want to see what this team can do with a coach who gives a sh!t about the offense. It was frightening to see what our offense looked like when JJ got called for his 6th. And we thought ISO-Joe was bad...

On another note, does anyone here seriously think that that charge gets called on LeBron, Kobe, or Wade in that situation? Not to mention the reach-in foul earlier in the quarter?

Edited by niremetal

I agree The hawks are not making any major trades this off-season. You know what no matter what shots a player did or did not take. This loss is all on Woody, it's up to the coach to get his team under control. So he is really hurting himself more than anything else..

you cannot accurately take stock of this team until we have a competent head coach running teams. As currently constructed, I honestly am not sure if we should be about where we finished the regular season (ie 3rd best team in the East) or if we could be a legit EC contender. Probably somewhere in between but I do know for sure that we should at least be competitive against Orlando. Aside from Dwight, we are way more talented then they are.

Keep the team. Try to re-sign JJ. Our biggest offseason acquisition will be a new HC.

I'm watching TNT and Charles Barkley said the Atlanta Hawks are the "Denver East", because we have problems in the locker room. Then he spotted out in the huddle that no one was paying attention to Mike Woodson. They showed the Hawks in the huddle and everyone was looking different ways. :question:

There are ways to upgrade this team imo. The way it is built now, Joe isn't entitled to an off night. I think this team is salvagable.

1. Get Joe Johnson resigned and commited to helping ATL compete for a championship.

2.Let Collins walk and sign Juwan Howard. You get a far better player for the same salary.

3. If Mo opts out, I make a play for Matt Barnes, who has a player option and makes 1.25Mil less than Mo.

You get a far more consistent and productive player for equal or slightly more money. Mo has to opt out though.

4. Offer Michael Finley/Jerry Stackhouse the minimum to take Mario West' spot on the 2010-2011 roster.

This is an obvious upgrade in talent and experience.

5. Let Joe Smith walk and sign Johan Petro for the minimum. He isn't a star but is a very servicable 7'0fter

who actually put up some double digit rebound games as a starter for Denver in K-Mart's absence.

6. Sign Will Bynum of Detriot who gives much more than his league minimum salary would lead you to believe.

7. Raymond Felton is available at 5.5mil per this summer (less than Bibby) but Bibby's salary would have to come off of the books first.

I would also explore any and all trade options for MIke Bibby who is still on the books for 2 more years a 6mil per.

These aren't big moves but they could really change the complexion of this team with an upgrade to the coaching staff.

2010-2011 Hawks

PG: Raymond Felton

SG: Joe Johnson

SF: Marvin Williams

PF: Josh Smith

C: Al Horford

Jamal Crawford

Matt Barnes

Will Bynum

Michael Finley/Jerry Stackhouse

Juwan Howard

Johan Petro

Edited by 99PROBL3MS

Man, the Hawks really do have the potential to be of the best teams in the NBA next year...if the right moves are made. Not a bad thought 99Problems.

People don't realize how stacked our team is, and yes I'm being serious. Al Horford, Joe Johnson, Josh Smith are all pretty much All Stars. Horford is capable of having 25-15 night, Josh Smith is the runner up defensive player of the year and can put up a triple double on any giving night , and Joe Johnson is a star. (what..yeah..) With that being said, we also have the best 6th man. This team is not far from being the best team in the NBA.

Like I said, a new coach, point guard, and some depth to our bench, we would just dominate. I don't see how anyone would want to trade any of those 3 players. Under a new coach, our team has no ceilings and sky is the limit. :snowballfight:

There are ways to upgrade this team imo. The way it is built now, Joe isn't entitled to an off night. I think this team is salvagable.

1. Get Joe Johnson resigned and commited to helping ATL compete for a championship.

2.Let Collins walk and sign Juwan Howard. You get a far better player for the same salary.

3. If Mo opts out, I make a play for Matt Barnes, who has a player option and makes 1.25Mil less than Mo.

You get a far more consistent and productive player for equal or slightly more money. Mo has to opt out though.

4. Offer Michael Finley/Jerry Stackhouse the minimum to take Mario West' spot on the 2010-2011 roster.

This is an obvious upgrade in talent and experience.

5. Let Joe Smith walk and sign Johan Petro for the minimum. He isn't a star but is a very servicable 7'0fter

who actually put up some double digit rebound games as a starter for Denver in K-Mart's absence.

6. Sign Will Bynum of Detriot who gives much more than his league minimum salary would lead you to believe.

7. Raymond Felton is available at 5.5mil per this summer (less than Bibby) but Bibby's salary would have to come off of the books first.

I would also explore any and all trade options for MIke Bibby who is still on the books for 2 more years a 6mil per.

These aren't big moves but they could really change the complexion of this team with an upgrade to the coaching staff.

2010-2011 Hawks

PG: Raymond Felton

SG: Joe Johnson

SF: Marvin Williams

PF: Josh Smith

C: Al Horford

Jamal Crawford

Matt Barnes

Will Bynum

Michael Finley/Jerry Stackhouse

Juwan Howard

Johan Petro

The Bobcats are committed to keeping Felton, last season we could have gotten him but not this off-season. Barnes will probably stay put or go back to the West Coast. I am not sure how much the Pistons value Bynum since they really want Boozer. Finley in our iso-heavy system is a wash, same for Stackhouse. Petro is still very raw, still shows flashes and since the FA market for Centers will be solid this year, he might come cheaper than usual. Where is Zaza or Bibby. They chances that they will be in a Hawk uniform next season is extremely high. Bibby is not a hot commodity and Zaza is a pretty good in his role. I just don't see this working. JJ will cost max and Horford will demand and receive max next year. We do not have the money for all of that without hurting our depth. Since we are not a championship contender without depth, I don't see any reason to resign both players. One or the other has to go.

Edited by nbasuperstar40

Get a coach and a system in place. Then figure out who fits. Do we want to run or do we want to pick and roll? Do we want to be a defensive squad or an offensive squad. A new coach isn't going to make Josh block out. He knows how to do it, but just doesn't. We need identity from our coach and then the players will fit.

• Premium Member

Not signing onto this. Sorry.

Paying JJ $100M just so this team can continue to have problems with Orlando, Cleveland, and whatever EC teams win the summer sweepstakes doesn't make sense. This team is talented, but not talented enough, even with a better coach.

As Adande says, the Hawks are a "trapped team." I'd rather move JJ for some flexibility to see what the Hawks truly have in Teague, Smith, Horford, etc.