• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Time to rebuild

AmishBoy

3 years, top 3 teams in the east, 3 losses. It's time to rebuild. Even though we can win 40-50 games a year we have no shot at beating the top 3 east teams. Last year's excuse was injuries, this year it's Dwight Howard, even when we took the celtics to 7 it was youth. We simply aren't talented enough. Keep Al, Crawford, see what Teague is made of, get a new coach, and move forward.

3 years, top 3 teams in the east, 3 losses. It's time to rebuild. Even though we can win 40-50 games a year we have no shot at beating the top 3 east teams. Last year's excuse was injuries, this year it's Dwight Howard, even when we took the celtics to 7 it was youth. We simply aren't talented enough. Keep Al, Crawford, see what Teague is made of, get a new coach, and move forward.

I'm with you man - I love the draft lottery.

Felt the same way years ago about he Wizards. They just didn't see to have enough to get any better. They finally accepted the inevitable but decided to keep Arenas, who I think is most of the problem because of the way he dominates the ball. I hope we don't make the same mistake. Also it turns out Caron was a regular season superstar. He sucked with Dallas.

I agree, sorry Woody. I'm really intrigued and interested to see this team under another system of stressed ball movement and fast paced quick decisive ball. We are not even close right now.

Sit back and watch other teams in the playoffs and how they pass the ball and then you come back and look at the Hawks and you will be in awe of the difference.

Go conventional and drop this hybrid Forward/switching defense/ iso jump shooting offense. Tweak a few here and there and give it a shot. No blow up just yet. :nono:

We have to hide Bibby. If we use teague, it may work. We also can't beat an elite team with Al at the 5. Josh smith has no real guard skills so he can't play the 3. Joe doesn't show up for the playoffs. We are a playoffs team now. Our success depens on that. That's alot of tweaking.

• Premium Member

We don't need a total rebuild.

Just a better Coach. Woody has taken us as far as he can go. His stubborness is what's wrong here. He doesn't see how this switching defense is killing us.

It hurt my heart to see how SVG was still coaching (HARD) in the 4th quarter up by 20. His guys were still responding. Our guys don't respond to Woody. He has lost this team. Bring in a new voice. Avery Johnson, Doc Rivers, Jeff Van Gundy, or Sam Mitchell. It's time for somebody to get these guys into mental shape.

• Premium Member

With Joe and Woody gone (Most likely), I don't want to see Craw on this team. He is a perfect fit on the bench for Woody's "offense", but is horrible for about any other coach.

GT, I think you're all wrong here.

On a winning team, what did he do? He excelled. He was 6th man of the year. He scares the bejesus out of other teams. Most nights, he's the one guy that's showing up. You want to rate him based on all those times he was on losing hopeless teams. Come on man.

We don't need a total rebuild.

Just a better Coach. Woody has taken us as far as he can go. His stubborness is what's wrong here. He doesn't see how this switching defense is killing us.

It hurt my heart to see how SVG was still coaching (HARD) in the 4th quarter up by 20. His guys were still responding. Our guys don't respond to Woody. He has lost this team. Bring in a new voice. Avery Johnson, Doc Rivers, Jeff Van Gundy, or Sam Mitchell. It's time for somebody to get these guys into mental shape.

We essentially had three all-stars. I don't know if a new coach will get us past Orlando or Cleveland who I think will be here for awhile. Let's be honest. They quit. We drafted a bunch of guys who are good guys so we didn't become the jailblazers but Josh is whiny and some of the other guys are bitches. That's why they don't respond.

• Premium Member

We essentially had three all-stars. I don't know if a new coach will get us past Orlando or Cleveland who I think will be here for awhile. Let's be honest. They quit. We drafted a bunch of guys who are good guys so we didn't become the jailblazers but Josh is whiny and some of the other guys are bitches. That's why they don't respond.

Well, let's face it... We're competitive against Cleveland and Orlando... sometimes, but mentally, we have to be able to overcome. We don't allow our current coach to effect us mentally. When you look at our guys, they don't get fired up for Woody. Woody has had a relaxed environment around these guys and that's how they approached the games. Even must win games... Plus X and O wise, I don't think Woody is giving us a great gameplan.

• Premium Member

Priority #1 has to be increasing this team BBIQ. Hawks are horrible at recognizing match ups. I saw Al begging for the ball because he was being guarded by Nelson only for Jamal to take a long 2 instead.

Well, let's face it... We're competitive against Cleveland and Orlando... sometimes, but mentally, we have to be able to overcome. We don't allow our current coach to effect us mentally. When you look at our guys, they don't get fired up for Woody. Woody has had a relaxed environment around these guys and that's how they approached the games. Even must win games... Plus X and O wise, I don't think Woody is giving us a great gameplan.

Yeah I'm pretty sure Woody has lost the team too. I was listening to Bill Simmons' podcast with Ric Bucher and he asks him what suprised him and it was around the 24th minute he says Joe and Josh pretty much tell Woody to shut up at one point during the bucks series. I thought it was pretty interesting feedback.