• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Do you think Cleveland will Boo King James?

Diesel

This isn't about level.

This is about respect fans have for their star player.

Even when our star player was Antoine Walker and we were putting up a 13 win season, the fans didn't boo Walker.

Hawks fans are so funny. As soon as we get somebody good like Smitty, Deke, Joe, etc... and they don't live up to our perceived standards.... we are not going to rest until they are run out of town.

Smitty was run out of town. Deke was run out of town. Shareef was run out of town.

Instead of doing what other teams do and trying to find a way to make these good players fit more better... we're content booing them. Running them out of town... and then the same fans will disappear when the wins dry up.

How do you replace Joe? Somebody tell me. What's your plan for replacing his defense, his assists, his 21 points??

These other guys won't step up... For the most part, they have been sleeping under the shade that Joe has provided.

But Joe earned his boos... We don't even know if Joe was injured... Just know that things wasn't the way we wanted them so BOO....

They ran Jason Terry out of town too. JT was probably done worse out of all of them. We all know that he was a smallish combo guard, but he ran the point as well as he could. But people and the infamous AJC sportswriters villified that dude to the fullest.

And you're right. As soon as they run them out of town, and we go back to being a sub .500 team, those same fans will be nowhere to be found. Oh . . they'll show up when Kobe and Lebron and Wade comes back into town. But they won't show up for regular Hawk games.

This organization and some of the fans are always chasing after ghosts ( i.e. - the superstar player ), instead of stringing together some competitive seasons to bolster the status of the Hawks. We're STILL not an attractive free agent destination. Look at all of those big men, including Big Z late in the season, that bypassed the Hawks.

Preach it Diesel.

And once again . . fans were starting to boo Joe Johnson as early as his 3rd missed shot in Game 3 . . . well before he made the stupid comment.

People act like JJ turned on the fans. Naw . . the fans turned on him, and he responded in frustration.

JJ was probably like . . .

"Damn . . I know I'm 0 for 4, but these people are starting to boo me already? ME? Well . . . (( bleep )) those booing fans. I could care less if they come or not, if they're gonna boo. It like I keep tellin Smoove. It's all about US. They don't care about us, the way they cheer for Kobe and the Knicks in OUR BUILDING. That's why I tell him to not listen to the boos when he shoots that jumper. Play for US . not THEM."

"I'm gonna jack up another jumper and see if they boo if I miss"

( bong )

(( BOOOOO ))

"Well I be damn. These mo-fos gonna boo me all game huh? OK. i got a trick for em after the game."

And once again . . fans were starting to boo Joe Johnson as early as his 3rd missed shot in Game 3 . . . well before he made the stupid comment.

People act like JJ turned on the fans. Naw . . the fans turned on him, and he responded in frustration.

"Damn . . I know I'm 0 for 4, but these people are starting to boo me already? ME? Well . . . (( bleep )) those booing fans. I could care less if they come or not, if they're gonna boo. It like I keep tellin Smoove. It's all about US. They don't care about us, the way they cheer for Kobe and the Knicks in OUR BUILDING. That's why I tell him to not listen to the boos when he shoots that jumper. Play for US . not THEM."

( bong )

(( BOOOOO ))

"Well I be damn. These mo-fos gonna boo me all game huh? OK. i got a trick for em after the game."

^^Allrighty then!^^

( bong )

(( BOOOOO ))

If that's seriously his level of mental and emotional fortitude, he needs to be gone, sooner rather than later.

• Like 2