• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Do you think Cleveland will Boo King James?

Diesel

Well he got booed, What do you have to say now?

Yup, there was definitely some booing by the Cavs fans. Heck even LeBron acknowledged it, but unlike Joe Johnson, LeBron handled things the right way saying that "the fans should of expected the Cavs to play better, because they have seen them play better so the fans have a right to be disappointed."

Just another lame attempt by someone trying to defend Joe Johnson's stupidity.

I agree that Lebron handled it better, but the thread was about wether the fans would boo or not, it was not about Joe's response (no one is making any excuses for him). It just indicates that most fans don't like it when their teams get blown out when you have certain expectations and spend your hard earned money to see them play. Boston also got booed in game 3.

• Premium Member

I imagine Woody calling somebody up, pointing to the screen and going, "See? It's just like I told you, any fool coach can lose with the series on the line by 30 at home!" lol

~lw3

Mike Brown and Woodson are two of the worst coaches in the NBA.

• Premium Member

Yup, there was definitely some booing by the Cavs fans. Heck even LeBron acknowledged it, but unlike Joe Johnson, LeBron handled things the right way saying that "the fans should of expected the Cavs to play better, because they have seen them play better so the fans have a right to be disappointed."

Just another lame attempt by someone trying to defend Joe Johnson's stupidity.

Actually, James said: ""If they feel like they have a right to boo us, then so be it.""

That's a lot different from "they have a right to boo us."

In his FA year... his possible last game in Cleveland.... with his team going down by 30... Do you think any fan would consider booing James? Like the fans did Joe in game 3?

If the Cavs were on the verge of being swept in historic fashion, absolutely, they would be booing him. ANY fan base would, unless you are satisfied with mediocrity, giving up, and the Woodsons and Marvins of the world. Are you suggesting that Woodson and Marvin deserve your support?

And to say that the Cavs fanbase isn't two-faced, craven and fickle is just insane. They had no fans until Le Bron showed up. I guarantee you that we'd sell out nightly if we had Le Bron.

DIESEL: "When do the Cleveland fans start booing James? "

ESPN RECAP: "CLEVELAND -- His team down by 27 points and a promising season suddenly in peril, LeBron James walked off the floor to a smattering of boos and rows of empty seats."

Ouch!

Diesel 0, Real World 1.

• Like 1

This isn't about level.

This is about respect fans have for their star player.

Even when our star player was Antoine Walker and we were putting up a 13 win season, the fans didn't boo Walker.

Hawks fans are so funny. As soon as we get somebody good like Smitty, Deke, Joe, etc... and they don't live up to our perceived standards.... we are not going to rest until they are run out of town.

Smitty was run out of town. Deke was run out of town. Shareef was run out of town.

I don't remember Deke or Smitty being booed or "run out of town" by the fans. They were and still remain fan favorites. You really need to work on your comparison skills because so far, in this thread alone, you're shooting an 0'fer.

• Moderators

Reading the comments on cleveland.com, I think we've found our sister city.

Replace "LBJ" with "JOE", "Brown" with "Woodson," and "Cleveland sports/fans" with "Atlanta sports/fans," and you'll swear you're looking at ajc.com after Game 3.

~lw3

They are talking about how cleveland fans booed lebron last night and lebron was asked about it after the game by a reporter.

His response - "the fans have a right to voice their opinion. They've seen us at our all-time highs and now we're at our all-time low."

This thread = epic fail

• Moderators

This isn't about level.

This is about respect fans have for their star player.

Even when our star player was Antoine Walker and we were putting up a 13 win season, the fans didn't boo Walker.

OMG, sorry, I totally missed this, but we SO booed Toine. So badly, it was like a catharsis. He might as well have come out there in a Santa suit. That was back when Hawk fans would come to the games purely for the comedy. Good times... good times. Hard to believe that was just 5 seasons ago.

Anybody recall the game where he was shooting like 3-20 or something... and then with the Hawks needing an offensive board to have a chance to tie, the guy shooting 55% from the line all season SWISHES the free throw he wasn't supposed to make? The man was raking in over $14.5 million in 2005. Of the few fans actually there to see the Hawks that weren't booing the ShimmyMaster, they were too busy curled over in fits of hysterical laughter. When he couldn't hear boos it was because the opposing team's fans that outnumbered us were cheering so loudly.

~lw3

Now cleveland fans and cavs ownership speaking negatively about lebron is on sportscenter for christ's sake.

Diesel man up and eat your crow. You started this thread with an agenda and its blown up in your face. Take ownership of it.

Now cleveland fans and cavs ownership speaking negatively about lebron is on sportscenter for christ's sake.

Diesel man up and eat your crow. You started this thread with an agenda and its blown up in your face. Take ownership of it.

I doubt he'll eat his crow. Regardless every time I see how classy LeBron is handling it (it really hurt to type that) it makes me laugh even harder at this fail of a thread.

• Moderators

I doubt he'll eat his crow. Regardless every time I see how classy LeBron is handling it (it really hurt to type that) it makes me laugh even harder at this fail of a thread.

The whole sensitivity to getting booed i don't get, but LeBron handling it classy is joke. Here's his other quote from after the game:

James dismissed his unthinkably poor performance with this colossal cop-out: “I spoil a lot of people with my play. When you have three bad games in seven years, it’s easy to point them out.”

Not the same as telling the fans you don't care but its still not what i'd call classy. Arrogant comes to mind. Immature maybe.