• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

News said JJ will be offered 90 Million

JackB1

• Moderators

* Ranks #8 in the NBA in Assists Per Game (6.6)

* Ranks #38 in the NBA in Minutes Per Game (34.7)

* Ranks #1 in the NBA in Free Throws (308)

* Ranks #1 in the NBA in Free Throw Attempts (386)

* Ranks #1 in the NBA in Assists (423)

* Ranks #14 in the NBA in Assists Per Turnover (2.34)

* Ranks #24 in the NBA in Field-Goal Attempts Per 48 Minutes (19.11)

* Ranks #18 in the NBA in Free Throws Per 48 Minutes (6.66)

* Ranks #22 in the NBA in Free Throw Attempts Per 48 Minutes (8.34)

* Ranks #4 in the NBA in Assists Per 48 Minutes (9.1)

* Ranks #32 in the NBA in Steals Per 48 Minutes (1.71)

* Ranks #33 in the NBA in Points Per 48 Minutes (23.3)

* Ranks #1 in the NBA in Total Turnovers (181)

* Ranks #16 in the NBA in Turnovers Per 48 Minutes (3.91)

There's something screwy about the 'rankings' on NBA.com, although I can't put my finger on why they're wrong. When you click on the individual NBA.com stat, Devin is shown as 19th in total assists, and 30th in total turnovers. Also he's 26th in FTs Made, 29th in FTs Attempted. All of which sounds about right: I found it incredulous that somebody on a 12-70 team could lead the whole LEAGUE in assists... plus didn't he miss like all of November?

~lw3

Somebody has been misleading...

Here are the NBA Gaurds FTA sort...

Dwyane Wade , MIA

76 26.5 7.0 9.1 529 695 .761

Kobe Bryant , LAL

73 27.0 6.0 7.4 439 541 .811

Chauncey Billups , DEN

73 19.5 6.4 7.0 466 512 .910

* Tyreke Evans , SAC

72 20.1 4.8 6.5 348 465 .748

Brandon Roy , POR

65 21.5 5.3 6.8 343 440 .780

Stephen Jackson , CHA-GSW

81 20.6 4.2 5.4 338 434 .779

Russell Westbrook , OKC

82 16.1 4.0 5.1 329 422 .780

Deron Williams , UTA

76 18.7 4.4 5.5 335 418 .801

Andre Miller , POR

82 14.0 3.9 4.8 322 392 .821

Monta Ellis , GSW

64 25.5 4.6 6.1 292 388 .753

Devin Harris , NJN

64 16.9 4.8 6.0 308 386 .798

Somebody is making up stats and this is just the guards... I haven't even done it for all the players in the nba.

He's 29th if we add all the players in the NBA.

Yeahs thats right Diesel and Crawford comes off our bench and hes around 42nd in the entire NBA. I dont know why people want to add a SHOOT FIRST Guard to the starting lineup when there is already the question of getting more shots for the everyone in it besides Joe .

• Premium Member

Well hopefully we don't get Harris than, since Diesel don't like him and we all know what happens when Diesel has an agenda against somebody.....

I say NO TO HARRIS!!!!

I'm not against Harris. I'm just not willing to move our second highest scorer and best bench player to get him.

On a team that lacks players who can create for themselves, it's silly to trade one of the best in the league away just to get a middle of the road PG.

• Premium Member

Somebody has been misleading...

Here are the NBA Gaurds FTA sort...

Dwyane Wade , MIA

76 26.5 7.0 9.1 529 695 .761

Kobe Bryant , LAL

73 27.0 6.0 7.4 439 541 .811

Chauncey Billups , DEN

73 19.5 6.4 7.0 466 512 .910

* Tyreke Evans , SAC

72 20.1 4.8 6.5 348 465 .748

Brandon Roy , POR

65 21.5 5.3 6.8 343 440 .780

Stephen Jackson , CHA-GSW

81 20.6 4.2 5.4 338 434 .779

Russell Westbrook , OKC

82 16.1 4.0 5.1 329 422 .780

Deron Williams , UTA

76 18.7 4.4 5.5 335 418 .801

Andre Miller , POR

82 14.0 3.9 4.8 322 392 .821

Monta Ellis , GSW

64 25.5 4.6 6.1 292 388 .753

Devin Harris , NJN

64 16.9 4.8 6.0 308 386 .798

Somebody is making up stats and this is just the guards... I haven't even done it for all the players in the nba.

He's 29th if we add all the players in the NBA.

Go to Devin Harris's page on nba.com and it lists his numbers. No one is "making up stats".

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/devin_harris/career_stats.html

I'm not against Harris. I'm just not willing to move our second highest scorer and best bench player to get him.

On a team that lacks players who can create for themselves, it's silly to trade one of the best in the league away just to get a middle of the road PG.

Did you just call Devin Harris a "middle of the road PG".... There is no way he is middle of the road by any means. I would go as far as to say he is a top 7 pg in this league. I think his only weakness is the 3pt. shot. If he had an outside shot he's be top 4 or 5 I think. He can penetrate, great court vision. Don't get me wrong I think Teague is gonna be great for us, but if we did some shuffling this offseason and ended up with Devin, I wouldn't be mad at all. I'd rather have Devin than Tony Parker.

• Premium Member

Middle of the road? Really? An All Star point guard is middle of the road? LOL priceless.

Did you just call Devin Harris a "middle of the road PG".... There is no way he is middle of the road by any means. I would go as far as to say he is a top 7 pg in this league. I think his only weakness is the 3pt. shot. If he had an outside shot he's be top 4 or 5 I think. He can penetrate, great court vision. Don't get me wrong I think Teague is gonna be great for us, but if we did some shuffling this offseason and ended up with Devin, I wouldn't be mad at all. I'd rather have Devin than Tony Parker.

Agree, Devin Harris is an All Star level PG. Just because he not good enough to carry a two horse wagon doesn't make him any less of a player.

• Moderators

Go to Devin Harris's page on nba.com and it lists his numbers. No one is "making up stats".

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/devin_harris/career_stats.html

(Sorry about hijacking the JJ thread to belabor the Devin Harris discussion)

Not taking sides on this here, but there is something wrong with the webpage as it pertains to 'rankings' (the 'stats' themselves are just fine). As I mentioned earlier, when you see "Ranks #1 in the NBA Assists" and click on its hyperlink for "Assists" you get this link...

http://www.nba.com/statistics/player/Assists.jsp?league=00&season=22009&conf=OVERALL&position=0&splitType=9&qualified=Y&yearsExp=-1&sortOrder=1

...where it correctly shows his NBA ranking as 19th, rather than 1st.

Devin's a fine player and would be a fine addition in the right deal, but I didn't want misconceptions to continue if someone assumes he led the league in assists (or turnovers, etc.) on the basis of a faulty webpage.

NBA.com or whoever is responsible for hosting the site (Turner?) REALLY needs to get their act together. I clicked on Mike Bibby's "rankings" and they show him "tied" with Devin ("#1 in the NBA in Assists"). He was 41st this year. They also have him "#1 in the NBA" in Three-Point Field Goals Made (he was 33rd) and Attempted (really 26th). No obvious rhyme or reason for this, except that that someone apparently stopped getting paid to update the site back around 2007 or so.

There are some awful discontinued weblinks as well. "Nikebasketball.com's Baller of the Week" has been on the site of virtually every player who ever wore a Swoosh for years now -- clicking on the link now takes you to a hopefully benign NBA India website. C'mon NBA!

~lw3

• Moderators

Getting back on Joe, an average of $15 mil. over 6 years sounds about right, and is what, about $1.0 to $1.25 million less than the average amount that was offered last summer? ASG would likely be saying, "Joe, if you're offered more than $75 million over 5 years elsewhere, please come back to us and we can negotiate further." "Negotiating" to mean either upping the ante slightly or pushing Joe to accept an SNT deal.

~lw3

You got to look at it from a perspective that most statheads fail to..

Bench.

I think it was you who said in another post that the starting 5 wins championships.

That sounds really catchy... but it's not true at all.

You can't point to a championship team that didn't have a bench.

Now that we have established Craw off the bench, you have to notice that it's an incredible weapon when you have a guy who can come off the bench with a green light and who puts up 18 ppg. It is what kills defenses to have to figure out how they will guard that dude coming off the bench.

I agree that we have to fix the SF and PG spots on our team, but I would hate to have a great 5 and nothing on the bench.... that's a recipe for losing.

I like Craw Diesel a lot. Have liked him his whole career but If I am putting a team together in an ideal world, my 10 mill a year goes to a almost all-star PG and my mid level to my 6th man. Not the other way around.

The Lakers, Celtics, Heat, and Pistons have all won recent championships over the last ten seasons and I do not recall them ever having a sixth man of the year invested in. Spurs .... I will give you that one with Gino.

Edited by Buzzard

This is so different............................you do realize Harris spent the majority of his career as the starting PG for the Dallas Mavericks as they racked up several 50 + win seasons. He became their starting PG during the playoffs of his 2nd season, under Avery Johnson, when the Mavs went to the NBA Finals.

Its not like he has not played for a winner as recently as 2009, when he was traded from the Mavs to the putrid Nets.

He really wasn't the starter until after two years and then he was traded. His numbers weren't that good either until he got to NJ.

His profile:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/stats?playerId=2382

• Moderators

There is no way in hell Joe should be making anywhere near that money after the Orlando series.

If the 5-to-10 NBA ownerships weighing Joe as an option are in unanimous concurrence with that, then ASG is in good shape in terms of negotiations.

~lw3

• Premium Member

There is no way in hell Joe should be making anywhere near that money after the Orlando series.

it only takes 1 team son.