• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Atlanta still perfect - - Dream 4-0 ........

Gray Mule

:line dance:

Hawks aren't playing right now. Hawks won't be playing for quiet some time. We all love our Hawks.

We wonder who we will draft and who our new head coach will be. Will JJ stay or go? If he goes, what

will the Hawks get in return?

While all these things will be answered - - - eventually, there is something exciting going on right now.

Atlanta has a team in the WNBA. They are, as of this afternoon, 4-0. They just beat the New York team

on the road!

While, to some of you, watching grass grow is more exciting than watching WNBA, to others of us who have

taken time to check these gals out, we think it's pretty nice. It's great to have an Atlanta team with a 4-0 record.

GO DREAM !!!

:thumbsupsmileyanim:

Edited by Gray Mule
  • Like 1

Angel>>>Candace so far this season. Yes, I am reaching.

Edited by nbasuperstar40

GM . . you have to be a true lover of basketball in general, to watch the WNBA. A lot of people that watch the NBA are strictly NBA fans, and don't necessarily watch all levels of basketball. To me, the women play much harder than the men do. If people appreciate basketball played with "effort", then they should definitely check out the WNBA or even women's basketball on the college level.

I don't know what caused Chamique Holdsclaw to all of a sudden want to leave the Dream. ( she's always been a troubled person though ). But it's good to see the rest of the Dream step up and not lose a beat. If the Hawks lose JJ, hopefully our guys can answer the bell like the Dream did.

And what has always baffled me, is that the people that don't like Women's basketball, always have a negative comment to say about it. Instead of just ignoring it altogether, they always have something negative to say. Jim Rome is real bad about this. I would listen to his show, and he'd always have a bad comment about the WNBA or women's basketball.

But like I said. The people that watch women's basketball, especially when you talk about men, are usually the types that can watch just about any level of basketball ( from youth basketball to the NBA level ), and get some enjoyment out of it. It's not a coincidence that you frequently see NBA players attend WNBA games during the offseason.

• Like 1

Northcyde is exactly right, i'm a student of basketball and watches the game on all levels. WNBA and especially since Atlanta acquired a team, i actually followed the Dream since their initial season where they won 4 games out of 34. this is their 3rd season and they look better than ever. I follow Womens and Mens College Ball equally, and of course the NBA. You see it's easier to follow and enjoy Womens ball when you know and can identify the players and their respective games. That's the difference. The real point is i'm a basket ball fool, it really wouldn't matter who was playing competitively and made a league. If it was geared towards me i would watch.

The only leagues i don't follow are High School/Euro/NBDL and etc. mainly because they're poorly covered. The WNBA is covered better at least on the tube than those leagues and the high schools.

Edited by HawkFoLife
  • Like 1