• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Was Joe Johnson at Drew's Press Conference?

PaceRam

Just curious if anyone knows if Joe Johnson was at Larry Drew's Press Conference. Probably no big deal if he wasn't but I would think if he was then that would show a lot of respect and support for Drew by Johnson and possibly could be a sign that Johnson is at least willing to talk to Drew and the Hawks about returning (of course, I do realize that most of Johnson's decision will come down to money).

• Premium Member

No. JJ rarely attends non-mandatory events. In fact Joe didn't attend a few home games when he was out with a thumb injury. This case Joe probably doesn't want to give any signals of his FA plans.

No sure but isn't he still on the team until July 1st?

Edited by NineOhTheRino
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

Everyone was there but Marvin, Joe, and Bibby... and Maybe Moe Evans..

Marvin was there

No. JJ rarely attends non-mandatory events. In fact Joe didn't attend a few home games when he was out with a thumb injury. This case Joe probably doesn't want to give any signals of his FA plans.

No sure but isn't he still on the team until July 1st?

This is what really irritated me with Joe....

Joe is not a team player and does not care about the team. Every game he missed, he wasn't even on the bench. Rare interviews from him aswell.

This is what really irritated me with Joe....

Joe is not a team player and does not care about the team. Every game he missed, he wasn't even on the bench. Rare interviews from him aswell.

Bingo. That's what I've in Joe for a few years. Joe's attitudes on and off the court is probably what is hurting team chemistry. He is a great player and we need him back. However, his attitude need to change. I don't think it will so I don't want to see him in a Hawks uniform again.

Bibby was there. The pic from the AJC. He is on the right behind Mario West.

• Premium Member

Drew said on the radio this morning he hasn't talked with JJ.

probably good that Joe wasn't there. That was LD's time to shine. Had Joe been around all the attention would have shifted to his pending FA status.

Edited by NineOhTheRino

No Johnson was not there, nor was Joe Smith. Everyone else ended up showing up before PC ended. From AJC:

Hawks players said Drew will offer a distinctive style and approach different from Woodson. By the end of Drew's news conference, every player on Atlanta's 2009-10 roster except for Johnson and Joe Smith had filed in to show support.

Wow do you guys really think JJ is that bad of a guy? If you were him, would you have been there knowing you would be asked 1,000,000 questions about free agency? It would have been a huge distraction for Coach Drew.

• Like 1