Diaw/Hansen/CC

Shareef/Hendu

Theo/Nazr/Moore

Email/Vaughn

JT/Glover

Toni/DJ/CC

Shareef/Hendu

Theo/Nazr

Not all that far off what we had two years ago.

The only way we have a shot at the playoffs is if Dion

can be a 16PPG 5RPG player that plays good defense.

Shareef Abdur-Rahim -- $13,500,000

Theo Ratliff -- $10,156,250

Alan Henderson -- $7,682,188

Nazr Mohammed -- $5,000,000

Chris Crawford -- $3,000,000

Boris Diaw -- $980,280

Dan Dickau -- $835,200

Travis Hansen -- $366,931

Jacque Vaughn makes the league minimum, whatever that is.

That's $41,520,849 committed without Terry.

It's being reported that Terry's 1st year cap number will be roughly $9,500,000.

You could say that the Hawks have roughly $42,500,000 committed including Vaughn. Adding Terry would be roughly $52,000,000. Adding Dion at what I think will be a little over $1,000,000 would bring that total to $53,000,000. That's $2 million below the anticipated luxury tax threshold. The Hawks can still bring in a veteran player like Steve Smith at $1-1.5 million for this season.

• Admin

Ok then that leaves one more player at the swing position.

I have a feeling it will be either Steve Smith or DJ. Both can play SG and SF.

If Diaw is not ready to start I think we need a ball handling sf because I believe DG will be the starting sg.

He played well towards the end of last season and I think he is ready to improve on that. W/O big dog on the floor we don't need to worry about two players on the floor who can't dribble or play D. I hope Diaw is ready because if he is then he would be the perfect fit at SF. A ball handling sf who plays D.

We still need a permimater(sp) threat too.

• Premium Member

KB, I don't think that the 9.5M is JT's *cap* number, but the actual amount paid to him...his cap # should be a little lower...

Either way, you also have to factor in the fact that he will be paid that much $$$...as well as the 20% that Brandon's insurance won't cover...their profits are nearly gone IMHO.

As much as the Hawks need a SF, I'm not sure they'll get a decent one.

I would have liked to seen a line up of Terry, Glover, Jones, Abdur-Rahim, and Ratliff. That would have been a line up that can defend, get out and run, and shoot the ball pretty well.

But, with what we have now, Boris Diaw has to be given every opportunity to start at that small forward position. He's athletic, can handle the ball, and is a lock down defensive player. Right now, I feel that's all we need from him. If we can get him comfortable at slashing to the basket and picking up some garbage points, I think he can net us 7-8 ppg as a rookie. We don't want him wandering around the 3 point line shooting jumpers though.

• Premium Member

I doubt that strongly.

Even with our roster, I think Vaughn is going to be a part simply because he can play the position. More than likely this is our rotation:

JT/Vaughn/DD

Glover/Diaw/Hansen

CC

SAR/Hendu

Theo/Nazr

I think our money is looking for a Sf... however, we might also consider a trade of Nazr.

Stotts keeps talking about a Ball handling Sf. In my mind, I say somehow, we might trade Nazr/pick for Barry. However, I believe we might get a third team in the mix.

Something like Nazr to Memphis

Brevin to Seattle

Barry to Atlanta.

However, I think Seattle would also want to unload one of their Cs. That's where the deal gets fuzzy.

Maybe... I'm just all wrong and they'll send James/Filler to Memphis for BK.. Then will trade Barry to Us for Nazr/Pick...

Sadly, it says alot about where Dan is at. I do think

Dan could make a good backup, and maybe a starter on

a talent filled team like Dallas/Kings or someone like

that.... Obviousally that doesn't exsist here....

CC would almost fit that athletic player, but he has no

ball handling ability and is a 3rd stringer at best. Boris

Diaw is not going to be able to do defend the likes of

Jamal Mashburn/Caron Butler/Ricky Davis this year. Just

wait and see what Mash does to Boris Diaw in the post.

I can't believe what I'm reading. Hotlanta, I wonder what it took for you to say that. It's true that the situation is a factor in shaping the player. Having someone to pass to and build your confidence is a great thing.

Also, I think that Dickau's $835,200 is the reason that we keep him around. That's a great price for a player that could really develop into something good.

Honestly, I just find it frustrating that Boris and Dan had

a shot at starting this year. These guys can't handle the

NBA defenses focusing on them.

I think both Dan and Boris will be career role players. [censored]

Brevin Knight could be a starting PG on a team that had

alot of talent in other places. Honestly, that's what makes

guys like Bobby Jackson look so good.

If or when we match JT, we have 10 contracts right? Contrary to Dallas who are going into trainingcamp 19 strong (so they'll have to cut at least 4 players before the season starts).

10 contracts

add Dion Glover and DJ for cheap

add Jimmy Jackson and Kenny Anderson for 2-3 yr contracts

would give us a platoon of different strategy lineups

pg JT, Kenny, DD, Vaughn

sg Jimmy Jackson, JT, Diaw, Dion, Hansen

sf Dion, DJ, Diaw, Jimmy Jackson, CC, Hansen, SAR

pf SAR, Henderson, Ratliff, CC

C Ratliff, Nazr

(am I forgetting someone?)

Now that I would like to see. I know Steve Smith should never have been traded and he's a geniunely nice guy but face it fellas, stick a fork in him he's done.