• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Olympiakos trying to get rid of Chilldres?

Scott

• Premium Member

Olympiakos could be considering to get rid of Josh Childress. The 26-year-old American forward is under contract until 2011, but has an option to opt out of his final year to move to the NBA. In case he decides to stay, his salary in Olympiakos would be $7 million, and the Greek club doesn’t want to pay that money in one player when the country is suffering a huge economic crisis.

Olympiakos could be considering to get rid of Josh Childress. The 26-year-old American forward is under contract until 2011, but has an option to opt out of his final year to move to the NBA. In case he decides to stay, his salary in Olympiakos would be $7 million, and the Greek club doesn't want to pay that money in one player when the country is suffering a huge economic crisis.

Does Oly have any say if Chillz wants to stay for the last year of $$..?? I would think though that if they want him gone, he should probably come home (play it safe).

This could be a big development brewing with Childress. Does this mean we can get him back possibly?

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/67298/20100619/olympiakos_trying_to_get_rid_of_childress/

Olympiakos of Greece may be trying to push former Hawks forward Josh Childress out the door, according to redplanet.gr.

Childress has another season on his contract Olympiakos, but he can opt before July 15.

His contract for next season is worth more than four million euros and Olympiakos may be looking for a way to get rid of Childress because of a change of tax laws.

Read more: http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/67298/20100619/olympiakos_trying_to_get_rid_of_childress/#ixzz0rLyfX0nH

Chill strikes me as a senseitive dude and if he's not wanted he'll see the writing on the wall.

I tend to agree a bit Doc...but 'not wanted' by who? I think Chillz knows his value to an unselfish offense and so does LD and so does Sund (unless Sund is a hopeless BK/Woody type who holds grudges). Chillz wouldn't be playing for Sund and BK and Woody are out to pasture where they belong.