• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

JJ calls Drew

DrReality

I'm sorry but you don't single out one guy. Esp seeing that Joe wasn't trying to go into a slump. It happens! Just bad timing for Joe that it happened in the playoffs. I was pissed for a sec but after thinking about the entire season my perspective changed. Now I'm thankful that Joe gave me an excellent regular season. Yep 53 wins where he often was the best player on the floor.

53 Wins, yes, I can appreciate that. But often the best player on the floor....naw. He led us in scoring overall, but how many games did you go," Wow, Joe really played great tonite?" I remember a thread this year about how JJ almost never won player of the game honors, it was always Al, Smoove, or Craw. Thats because Joe rarely did anything impactful other than get his or pass out of a triple team to a wide open teamate for an easy dime (if he passed at all).

And why cant we singe out one guy for saying that he doesnt care about the fans, then giving a piss poor performance the very next game. Would you rather we cheer that kind of performance? The fans want the team to win, more than the players it seems sometimes. We pay big money to see a winner, they get paid big money to play, not even win. But Joe could care less if we came...smh

• Like 1

53 Wins, yes, I can appreciate that. But often the best player on the floor....naw. He led us in scoring overall, but how many games did you go," Wow, Joe really played great tonite?" I remember a thread this year about how JJ almost never won player of the game honors, it was always Al, Smoove, or Craw. Thats because Joe rarely did anything impactful other than get his or pass out of a triple team to a wide open teamate for an easy dime (if he passed at all).

And why cant we singe out one guy for saying that he doesnt care about the fans, then giving a piss poor performance the very next game. Would you rather we cheer that kind of performance? The fans want the team to win, more than the players it seems sometimes. We pay big money to see a winner, they get paid big money to play, not even win. But Joe could care less if we came...smh

Rhino don't seem to understand...

• Premium Member

Rhino don't seem to understand...

I have no issue booing a guy for lack of effort. Booing a guy for a shooting slump....not right!

I have no issue booing a guy for lack of effort. Booing a guy for a shooting slump....not right!

He kind of disappeared last year too. And I don't think it's all on him. It was Woody too. With more ball movement, he would get better shots.

No hurry there JJ in returning the call. This guy is long gone. he only return the call in the hopes the Hawks will do a sign and trade for him so he can get that 6th year. If he can't take Hawks fans booing. What the hell is he going to do when goes to play for a more rabid fanbase such as the Bulls or Knicks? They will tear him apart especially the media outlets in those places.

As far as the timing of JJ's call, some of you are over reacting. Guys do vacation and vacation hard. Joe's agent I'm sure is encouraging him to stay away from basketball and Atlanta particularly until July. The fact that Joe called is actually very encouraging.

Or perhaps Joe is doing what every other free agent in his position is doing and keeping himself away from making any commitments or giving the franchise any impressions that he is going to stay before he has even had a chance to be legally wooed by other franchises on July 1st? Lebron has been incognito with the Cavs franchise as well and wanted no contact with Izzo because he didn't want to be held responsible for them hiring a coach on his behalf only for him to decide to not be a member of that team anymore.

Joe is a free agent first and foremost and not an Atlanta Hawk until he signs on the dotted line. Don't take his disappearing act to be either negative or positive, it's simply business.

You are more than likely right. Bashing JJ has become the cool thing to do lately so people don't see it as a business move. I don't see what good having constant contact with the Hawks would do for him. Saying he is selfish is also laughable. It is HIS free agency for his last big NBA contract who the heck else should he be thinking about right now?

JJ wasn't really booed until he said he couldn't care less if the fans showed up. I don't think there is any insurmountable rift between him and the fan base. If he signs, 90%+ of the fans will kiss and make up with him. (The other 10% will believe he is overpaid and overrated while at least appreciating that he can play).

...and then there's HawkWeiserr.

Edited by jhay610

I'm sorry but you don't single out one guy. Esp seeing that Joe wasn't trying to go into a slump. It happens! Just bad timing for Joe that it happened in the playoffs. I was pissed for a sec but after thinking about the entire season my perspective changed. Now I'm thankful that Joe gave me an excellent regular season. Yep 53 wins where he often was the best player on the floor.

Joe singled himself out when he made those stupid remarks about not caring one way or the other if the fans show up. The team was getting booed for a terrible performance. Joe should have either acknowledged that the team deserved to be booed or he should have just kept his mouth shut.

• Moderators

Joe singled himself out when he made those stupid remarks about not caring one way or the other if the fans show up.

This.

It doesn't make it a great thing that we booed JJ but he brought some bad attention and focus on himself as much for those comments as for his play.

I don't care about one stupid comment that Joe Johnson made. Joe has said everything right in his tenure here in Atlanta except for that one comment he did in the playoffs. He never bashed the fans on their attendance to their games even when they were winning. He never bashed our fans when the other team's fans outnumber the Hawks fans in Philips. Joe just plays his game and doesn't let his emotions get the best of him. Unfortunately, that's what happened in the playoffs. I just don't feel right judging Joe as a bad person when he hasn't done anything bad off the court except for that one comment he did.

All I know is that Joe was and still is the most valuable piece we've had in our success in the regular season and the little success we have had in the playoffs. He's done so much for the city of Atlanta, taking us from the laughingstock of the NBA to now being a dangerous team to play against. I'm rooting and hoping so much for him to sign back with us and I think all Hawks fans should.

And it's funny how the fans who care so much about winning is bashing the guy that helped us become a winning team and the most valuable player on our team's success. Yeah....that's really going to make Joe Johnson sign with Atlanta....."Hey Joe, come play for us so we can win but I hate you so much and have no respect for you."

I think it's a good sign that JJ did call Drew. I don't care about the timing of his call. All big named FA this year isn't in contact with their team this offseason.

Edited by TeamDime10

Far more often this season Horford, Josh, Crawford were better and won us ballgames. I would say JJ was the second best player on the floor 2/3rds of the games last season.