• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

JJ calls Drew

DrReality

From the AJC:

) For the first time since he was named the team’s head coach, Drew said he finally got a return phone call from impending free agent Joe Johnson and the two spoke about the future.

Call me crazy but this definitely does not sound like JJ is eager to resign with us. How long has it been? And he is just now calling. Boarders on a snub.

• Moderators

Call me crazy but this definitely does not sound like JJ is eager to resign with us. How long has it been? And he is just now calling. Boarders on a snub.

Not encouraging.

• Premium Member

From the AJC:

) For the first time since he was named the team’s head coach, Drew said he finally got a return phone call from impending free agent Joe Johnson and the two spoke about the future.

JJ could have been vacationing.

I believe that LD has a plan for JJ if he were to come back. I believe LD wants JJ back. I believe that JJ is looking around and finding that there are only a few deals sweeter than ours (overall)... but I also believe that We have the JCs to replace JJ if he leaves... (Crawford, Crawford, and Chillz).

• Premium Member

not really, it took him long enough. Joe only cares about himself right now.

I don't believe that. Joe was booed on his home floor by his fans. That's probably a tough pill to shallow. I think Joe needs more time to get over Hawks fans poor behavior.

• Like 2

JJ could have been vacationing.

I believe that LD has a plan for JJ if he were to come back. I believe LD wants JJ back. I believe that JJ is looking around and finding that there are only a few deals sweeter than ours (overall)... but I also believe that We have the JCs to replace JJ if he leaves... (Crawford, Crawford, and Chillz).

I am not sold on Chilz wanting to play for us. If he banked his 20 mill, 4.8 for one season may not be a bad idea if he cannot workout a SNT. That is 2.2 million lost vs 7 million a year (provided we are willing to pay him that). Then he can go back west ( closer to home ) and play for someone who has won some sort of championship...

Edited by Buzzard

I don't believe that. Joe was booed on his home floor by his fans. That's probably a tough pill to shallow. I think Joe needs more time to get over Hawks fans poor behavior.

ahhhh if he can't take that then move on. The best of them have been booed, ask MJ in his young days

I can't see if it was over and over, game after game.

He should know at some points Fans will act crazy. He is a pro, right?

Or perhaps Joe is doing what every other free agent in his position is doing and keeping himself away from making any commitments or giving the franchise any impressions that he is going to stay before he has even had a chance to be legally wooed by other franchises on July 1st? Lebron has been incognito with the Cavs franchise as well and wanted no contact with Izzo because he didn't want to be held responsible for them hiring a coach on his behalf only for him to decide to not be a member of that team anymore.

Joe is a free agent first and foremost and not an Atlanta Hawk until he signs on the dotted line. Don't take his disappearing act to be either negative or positive, it's simply business.

• Like 3

From the AJC:

Honestly, I have lost what little respect I had for JJ. He is not a team player nor leader. He should have been the first person to call and congratulate LD whether he was returning or not. From what I gather JJ is not talking to any of the Hawks players. If he wants to leave, he just needs to leave at this point.

• Like 1

If Joe can't take booing, he is even softer than I already think he is.. He has NO ONE to blame for his performance, but himself..

• Like 1

Hawks poor fans? I think you mean Joe's poor playoff performance. What do you expect? He disappeared in playoffs once again, and then called out the fans. What are you talking about?

I think hawks fans need some time to get over JJ's poor performance

• Moderators

JJ wasn't really booed until he said he couldn't care less if the fans showed up. I don't think there is any insurmountable rift between him and the fan base. If he signs, 90%+ of the fans will kiss and make up with him. (The other 10% will believe he is overpaid and overrated while at least appreciating that he can play).

If he resigns, I will be one of the fans with a big poster saying, " THANKS FOR COMING BACK JOE! WE LOVE YOU!"

If he does, I think fans need to thank him and let him know we appreciate that he is back. He would feel really good about himself.

Edited by AHawks89

• Premium Member

I agree, if his behind can't take being booed, he is in the wrong profession. Did he expect the fans to cheer?

I'm sorry but you don't single out one guy. Esp seeing that Joe wasn't trying to go into a slump. It happens! Just bad timing for Joe that it happened in the playoffs. I was pissed for a sec but after thinking about the entire season my perspective changed. Now I'm thankful that Joe gave me an excellent regular season. Yep 53 wins where he often was the best player on the floor.

I agree, if his behind can't take being booed, he is in the wrong profession. Did he expect the fans to cheer?

had to lol, he is supposed to be our best player so he will and deserved to get booed. Just like the rest of the good player in the league to when they don't show up when their team needs them.