• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Joe = Clippers' Plan B, too.

mrhonline

• Premium Member

http://ken-berger.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/11838893/22848009

• Having said that, Hawks free agent Joe Johnson is expecting a hard sell from the Knicks in the event LeBron opts to go elsewhere. Johnson has set up shop in Los Angeles with his agent, Arn Tellem, who has an excellent relationship with Walsh. As of early Monday, Johnson had yet to schedule any free-agent visits – in L.A. or elsewhere. One person with ties to Johnson suggested a possible reason why he is 1) in L.A., and 2) in no hurry to entertain visitors. Don’t be surprised if his strong connection to Clippers GM Neil Olshey explains why Johnson is conveniently ensconced in L.A. for the purposes of signing a max deal with the Clips. As a trainer for Tellem when Johnson was entering the draft, Olshey worked with Johnson and has maintained a strong relationship with him. The Clippers situation is ideal because Johnson wouldn’t have to shoulder the burden as the franchise cornerstone, a title and responsibility that will fall on Blake Griffin. The Clippers, with enough cap space for one max player, will make their run at LeBron, but the answer is expected to be a swift and polite, “No, thanks.” At which point you can expected them to move on to Johnson as their Plan B.

This is getting ridiculous.

Let's see, If Lebron is 6 teams plan A and only one team will sign him, after he is signed that essentially elevates JJ to the top of the list for at least 3 or 4 of those teams. I never knew being a plan B would be so attractive.

Yes, it is. I think someone is just making this up. If you notice, each report says someone close to Joe is leaking. One report says he is practical living in Chicago already, another says he will do anything to play for New York. Now, we are getting reports that is saying suggesting to setting his sights somewhere else.

This is getting ridiculous.

• Premium Member
The Clippers situation is ideal because Johnson wouldn’t have to shoulder the burden as the franchise cornerstone,

I really, really don't think that's nearly so appealing to Joe as the writer evidently believes it to be. Joe has more pride than that. He continually gets poo-poohed in the media as not being a top tier guy, and my belief is that he wants to be the cornerstone... whereas in ATL, there's some debate as to whether he is the Alpha male or if Smoove is.

I also reject the assertion that he wouldn't be the cornerstone in LAC... who's his competition? Blake Griffin? Really? A first-round draft pick who hasn't done anything yet? Nonsense.

I really, really don't think that's nearly so appealing to Joe as the writer evidently believes it to be. Joe has more pride than that. He continually gets poo-poohed in the media as not being a top tier guy, and my belief is that he wants to be the cornerstone... whereas in ATL, there's some debate as to whether he is the Alpha male or if Smoove is.

I also reject the assertion that he wouldn't be the cornerstone in LAC... who's his competition? Blake Griffin? Really? A first-round draft pick who hasn't done anything yet? Nonsense.

I dont think Joe has the confidence to be a "top tier guy" and he knows it. LA is a nice place to play ball and earn100 or so million dollars. I'd be a Clipper and build a home high in Griffith Park.

Any team needing a SG/SFthat misses out on Bron could easily have JJ in their plan B. He is the 2nd best SG/SF behind Bron. Wade cannot play both, and that then leaves the Bigs.

When your the 3rd best SG in the league and the 2nd best guard in this FA period you have no choice but to pay Joe big money as I stated in Dec-Jan.