• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Sign And Trade Joe And Future 1st Round Picks For Carmelo

BusBoyIsBack

You have to have a superstar to win a championship and this may be the best chance we ever have at trading for one. With this unique FA situation, Melo is on the block. So if he doesn't re-sign that 3 year deal with Denver we should aggressively go after him. And we should be willing to part with any draft pick over the next two years heck maybe even 3 lol. Throw in Marvin as well.

Obviously we can't mortage the whole farm and trade Smoove and Horford, but we should at least somehow make some sort of offer to be in the bidding war for Melo

I would love for that to happen. I'd love seeing CA in a Hawks uniform. Yeah, I agree with you for not wanting to trade Josh Smith. I would assume that CA would not want to come here though.

Don't think so? Atlanta is a much bigger market than Denver. Maybe I'm a homer but I think we are closer to contending than the Nuggets in the future with an aging Billups

Don't think so? Atlanta is a much bigger market than Denver. Maybe I'm a homer but I think we are closer to contending than the Nuggets in the future with an aging Billups

Yeah, I agree. I guess. But for us to be a contender, we need Josh Smith. He was the MVP this year for the team. Everyone knows it. It seems to me that a lot of Hawks fan on this board want to get rid of him. Why? I'm not sure. Al Horford is much easier to replace than Smoove.

But yeah, If we could get CA and find a legit center than sky is the limit. I could see CA being the closest thing to Vick when it comes to selling Jerseys and such.

im all for it but then we would need a SG who could start and play some perimeter defense! (Childress) then would then have Bibby/Teague, Crawford(6th man of the year why change the role now. He's better off the bench anyways), JC2, Marvin, Mo, and Zaza. the ultimate need is a true center but this could be a good team as we look for a center in the future.

Teague/Bibby

Childress/Crawford/JC2

Melo/Marv/Mo

Smoove/Marv/Smith

Horford/Zaza

Take it from someone who just moved to Denver... ATL is a much much bigger market.

And why would Joe want to go to a team with an aging Billups... much less a broken Kenyon Martin, and and pf playing out of place in Nene, in a western conference where the teams continue to get stronger?

Not if we sign Joe, then trade him. At least, I think.

I don't think that is how it works.

In a sign and trade the player has to be in agreement where he is being sent.

Then the BYC status kicks in for 1 year after they signed the contract which keeps teams from misleading players into signing long deal only to immediately trade them off to a place that they do not want to go.

Marvin was BYC player this past year, for example.

Edited by coachx

Joe will not go to Denver. If Joe wants to go to Denver, it will be the play with Melo, not w/o him.

I don't think that is how it works.

In a sign and trade the player has to be in agreement where he is being sent.

Then the BYC status kicks in for 1 year after the signed the contract which keeps teams from misleading players into signing long deal only to immediately trade them off to a please that they do not want to go.

Marvin was BYC player this year., for example.

Ahh thanks. Yeah, I just remembered that. I just deleted my response to that.

You have to have a superstar to win a championship and this may be the best chance we ever have at trading for one. With this unique FA situation, Melo is on the block. So if he doesn't re-sign that 3 year deal with Denver we should aggressively go after him. And we should be willing to part with any draft pick over the next two years heck maybe even 3 lol. Throw in Marvin as well.

Obviously we can't mortage the whole farm and trade Smoove and Horford, but we should at least somehow make some sort of offer to be in the bidding war for Melo

If Denver decides to rebuild and the teams with cap space use it up, here is my offer:

Josh Smith (Significant core piece)

Marvin Williams (Young role player)

Jamal Crawford (Expiring productive player)

Mo Evans (Expiring bench player)

for

Carmelo Anthony (Extended)

Kenyon Martin (Expiring)

Assuming the unfortunate reporting of us offering Joe the max is true and he accepts...

Teague/Bibby

Johnson/JoCraw

Anthony/ -------

Horford/Martin

------- /Zaza

I'd rather sign-and-trade Joe to Dallas, Houston or... whomever really.

I wouldn't mind this trade for Marvin, Smith and Crawford for Martin/Melo or Melo/Nene since Nene is non-guaranteed 2011-12 and Martin is an expiring in 2010-11.

I don't this one bit, this trade is very possible but Melo will get max, Joe has max, Horford new contract, and we still do not have a center. UGH!!! I rather hope the CP3 trade goes through. Nene is a center but he's still out from his 5th ACL tare and however many serious injuries he has.