• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks interested in Chris Duhon.

mrhonline

dude's got serious hops--for an 8th grader. seriously, over five minutes of highlights and only one dunk (shown 3 times)? how is that even possible with an nba player?

sorry, i shouldn't be hatin' like that. i can't make an honest assessment of him since i can't say i've seen him play much at all (i guess that's what happens when you play for crappy teams).

• Like 1

Teague's 2010 PER > Duhon's 2010 PER

Per 36, Duhon 8.6 points, 6.6 assists, 3.1 rebounds, 1.0 steal, 0 blocks

Per 36, Teague 11.4 points, 6.1 assists, 3.4 rebounds, 1.7 steals, .6 blocks

Duhon played many more games per 36 than Teague by a long shot, useless comparison.

On topic, I take Duhon over Bibby. Bibby is done and doesn't need to start.

maybe this is why nobody care when i was mad about we picking ivey instead of duhon in 2004. this guy made mcdonald all american team, won ncaa championship as a starter. ok he isn't very successful in the nba but he's more than capable of playing backup for any team. he's the kind of guy who knows how to play the game. just like the travis best or anthony johnson. well, you guys didn't like anthony johnson when he was here.......

• Moderators

Duhon played many more games per 36 than Teague by a long shot, useless comparison.

On topic, I take Duhon over Bibby. Bibby is done and doesn't need to start.

You know per minute numbers don't usually change very much with a change in minutes, right? (Also I don't know what "Duhon played many more games per 36" means. Are you just saying that he played more minutes? You can't play more games per minute.)

My point was that Teague had a rough rookie year in the minutes he did play yet Duhon was even worse in the minutes he played. What about that makes Duhon look desirable?

dude's got serious hops--for an 8th grader. seriously, over five minutes of highlights and only one dunk (shown 3 times)? how is that even possible with an nba player?

sorry, i shouldn't be hatin' like that. i can't make an honest assessment of him since i can't say i've seen him play much at all (i guess that's what happens when you play for crappy teams).

I don't think Bibby has dunked since his early years in Vancover.....

I think Mo Williams, allstar PG, had his 1st dunk in an NBA game, in the playoffs this past year.

I don't believe Steve Nash or John Stockton every dunked in a game. That didn't stop Nash from winning an MVP or either from going to the HOF. Oh wait her is Nash dunking on Lebron James:

I don't believe Tim Hardaway ever dunked in a game.

Its not a big deal if your PG does not dunk the ball.

There are some straight up ballers who never dunked in a game.

Has Tony Parker ever dunked in a game.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I think a lot of people look at guys like Duhon and see the low FG%, but if they'd look at the eFG%, they'd see his fairly average offensively. I'd expect his efficiency to increase playing next to JJ...

His AST% is great, although his TO% is not. He offers virtually nothing in terms of OREB%. Has that low USG% that the Hawks seem to love from a PG.

His current, offensive statistical counterparts:

Travis Diener

Steve Blake

He had over a dozen defensive statistical counterparts, implying he's average in terms of athleticism and defensive statistical production for his position/height. I've always assumed he was a smart defender, though.

I'm certain the Hawks would be looking at him for an LLE signing. He seems like your quintessential veteran PG off the bench. Low risk, low reward.

Edited by mrhonline

• Moderators

I'm certain the Hawks would be looking at him for an LLE signing. He seems like your quintessential veteran PG off the bench. Low risk, low reward.

In a limited role like that, I am fine. Just don't have him be any part of the plan for being a starter.

• Like 1

LOL at all the Duke haters out there. Duhon gets most of his hate because he is a Dookie. As a Duke fan, I like this. He would fill the backup (split) PG role better than Bibby (if trade rumors are true). Good shooter, Good passer, Tenacious defender, smart decision maker.

Fixed for ya.

Exhibit A: All the unadulterated love Marvin Williams gets around here. Oh, wait...

~lw3

Pointless. He said there was Duke hate here not Tar love. Duke players have a stigma that carries with them in most fan's hearts. Regardless, Duhon is a very solid backup, period. Other than him being a Devil I can't understand why no one would want him here.

• Moderators

Pointless. He said there was Duke hate here not Tar love. Duke players have a stigma that carries with them in most fan's hearts. Regardless, Duhon is a very solid backup, period. Other than him being a Devil I can't understand why no one would want him here.

LOL at all the haters of players that can barely register 70% FTs and 37%FGs out there. Duhon gets most of his hate because he was a player that can barely register 70% FTs and 37%FGs. As a fan of players that can barely register 70% FTs and 37%FGs, I like this. He would fill the backup (split) PG role better than Bibby (if trade rumors are true). "Good shooter," Good passer, Tenacious defender, smart decision maker.

FIXED

~lw3

FIXED

~lw3

Umm, the word "defense" mean anything to you? I doubt we're going to be running that switching D (thank God) as much as last year. We're going to need good Defensive players. Duhon is better than average. With Joe signing we now have two (hopefully) adequate scorers coming off the bench. Who gives a rat's *ss if our BU PG can't shoot? He's a smart defensive minded PG which is EXACTLY what we need on our 2nd unit.