• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Duhon Agrees To Four-Year, $15M Deal With Orlando

pimp

I'd think this signing means that Jason Williams won't be back with the Magic next season. I thought he was a pretty useful player for them. I'd much rather see the hawks get Jason WIlliams for the BAE than to have Duhon on a 4 year 15 million dollar contract.

Why is this good news exactly? Duhon would have been a MAJOR upgrade defensively over Bibby and a comparable long distance shooter. I'm fairly sure that we're at least going to try and trade Bibby this off-season and unless we're getting a starting PG like Paul in return or through another trade we will be looking for a solid defensive minded veteran to back up Teague and Duhon would have been perfect for the role and apparently quite affordable as well.

And I agree with spotatl on Jason Williams. I'd love for us to sign him after the way he played last year.

Well this means Orlando just got a decent point for a bargain price. I hope we make something happen soon with our point guard situation.

• Moderators

For those wondering, Orlando's blogger/newswriter (whose opinion is not necessarily that of the team's) suggests J-Will is not likely to be courted as a third PG for the Magicians.

http://www.nba.com/magic/news/denton_duhon_070610.html

The addition of Duhon, who will play behind starter Jameer Nelson, likely spells the end of Jason Williams’ time in Orlando. Williams played well in his one season in Orlando, but could be close to returning to Miami where he spent a major portion of his NBA career.

~lw3