• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Should we have hope in Teague?

Guest Squawker

Guest Squawker

We haven't really taken a look at our PG position besides wanting a new one but lets think. Why not give Teague a shot? He didnt get enough minutes last season for us to really see anything and the minutes he did get he looked promosing especially in the season closer with Cleveland. The young fella can penetrate to the basket, shoot decently enough, plays solid D, good passer, and hell even blocks a couple of shots. Why are we asking for PG answers when we could have the answer right here. I mean this is the guy who was compared to CP3 coming out of Wake Forest. So maybe we should all have faith and give him a shot and if he fails, start thinking about a better PG but not before this guy steps onto the court to prove something. Last year we saw a lot of young talent in Jennings Brooks Gragic and Collison. Maybe we have some young talent of our own.

Your thoughts?

i agree lets let him develop like rondo, cp3,deron williams have all developed they werent always as good as they are now. I think are true problems are at SF and back up C which can be fixed with shaq,haywood,ilgauskas, etc. but we need a solution for SF

i agree lets let him develop like rondo, cp3,deron williams have all developed they werent always as good as they are now. I think are true problems are at SF and back up C which can be fixed with shaq,haywood,ilgauskas, etc. but we need a solution for SF

Well, CP3 was R.O.Y and Deron was good, Rondo was a different story.

yea ur rite but ill hold on to that hope. and yess im very excited about that how do u watch the nba summer league is it on nba tv or online???

They'll show a few games on NBA TV. But the greedy NBA has a NBA Summer League Broadband that they're selling for $14.95, for those that want to see the games online.

Edited by northcyde

Mark my words. Teague will be a beast. This guy is hungry and took his rookie season like a man and true professional. I cant wait to see him in summer league games.

honestly i think teague will be ok on the offense end im more worried about what we see on the defense end with teague. honestly we pretty much know he can score especially when given the minutes but the defense will be one that has to be proved instantly. we need a good solid perimeter defender!

honestly i think teague will be ok on the offense end im more worried about what we see on the defense end with teague. honestly we pretty much know he can score especially when given the minutes but the defense will be one that has to be proved instantly. we need a good solid perimeter defender!

have u seen teagues blocks

• Admin

have u seen teagues blocks

getting blocks does not mean you are a good defender....especially from a pg.

Can he defend his man out on the perimeter?

I hope he really steps up this season...the thing that worries me is that he is more a scorer then a playmaker.

We need our pg to run the offense....I don't want another JT (shooting guard in point guards body)

getting blocks does not mean you are a good defender....especially from a pg.

Can he defend his man out on the perimeter?

Teague has all the physical attributes to be a shut down defender at the PG position. Haven't you seen him show glimpses of that?

Offense - unknown.