• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Pape Sy Highlights

Duzit

Thanks ! That is the only video I have see of him.

He suprised me some with his full court defensive pressure, dribble drives, finishes well at the rim, and showed a little 3 point range.

Of course they are just highlights but they suprised me. Maybe he makes the club. He will have to earn it like West did but he has more tools then West. ........but does if have West's heart ?

Edited by coachx

• Premium Member

He suprised me some with his full court defensive pressure, dribble drives, finishes well at the rim, and showed a little 3 point range.

Of course they are just highlights but they suprised me. Maybe he makes the club. He will have to earn it like West did but he has more tools then West. ........but does if have West's heart ?

I agree, he doesn't look half bad for the 53rd pick. He seems pretty darn athletic with a nice feel for the game. I'm actually surprised myself. But I'd be surprised if he makes it to the bench this season. I think he'd be an excellent player to stash away in the NBDL though until he's ready. He's got some nice tools but he will have to get used to the NBA game. The NBDL would ease his transition.

Edited by hawkman

I was just as surpised. I like it that he plays with aggressiveness and confidence - to a point where his teammates defer to him from what I saw in the video. He can get to the rim with some nice moves..good first step and knows how to get by people. Moves well without the ball. I can definitely see him taking it to Robinson in the workouts - which he didn't think were that tough...

I agree, he doesn't look half bad for the 53rd pick. He seems pretty darn athletic with a nice feel for the game. I'm actually surprised myself. But I'd be surprised if he makes it to the bench this season. I think he'd be an excellent player to stash away in the NBDL though until he's ready. He's got some nice tools but he will have to get used to the NBA game. The NBDL would ease his transition.

Despite popular opinion, I highly doubt the Hawks just pulled his name out of a hat. With that said, chances are the Hawks will stash him this year, but it will be overseas like they did with Sergi Gladyr last year.

Excuse my negativity, but if Marvin can make the team.... Sy can!!!! Marvin doesn't even have this long a highlight and he has been in the league several years!!!

Childress, Mo E., Sy & no Marv = Upgrade at the SF position

Excuse my negativity, but if Marvin can make the team.... Sy can!!!! Marvin doesn't even have this long a highlight and he has been in the league several years!!!

Childress, Mo E., Sy & no Marv = Upgrade at the SF position

I'm still scratching my head as to why we would draft somebody that wasnt even a starter in college with the NO 2 OVERALL PICK!!!

I'm still scratching my head as to why we would draft somebody that wasnt even a starter in college with the NO 2 OVERALL PICK!!!

The consenus by everyone and their mother going into the draft was that Marvin's potential was off the charts, unfortunately the potential hasn't been fulfilled...granted we needed a PG so it was a bad pick for us, but if it wasn't us he still would have been picked high.

Shows why, ever so slightly, they thought Sy might be a diamond in the ruff. Surprising :cant believe:

Despite popular opinion, I highly doubt the Hawks just pulled his name out of a hat. With that said, chances are the Hawks will stash him this year, but it will be overseas like they did with Sergi Gladyr last year.

I cant recall a player that we "stashed overseas" that ended up playing for us. I really like Sergi's game and from this highlight reel Pape looks like a decent prospect, but let's remember this is just a highlight clip. I cant wait to see him next week. As long as the Andersen scenerio doesnt replay itself with these promising players I am good.