Cavs targeting Marvin too.

Diesel

• Premium Member

I think it would just be genius if Sund were able to complete a SNT deal with Cleveland (Marvin for Shaq).

Shaq wants 2 years and more money than 5.8. We offer him 2 years 15 Million through Marvin's contract.. and Shaq is still signed less than Marvin would have been over the next 4. You don't really do this for Shaq's greatness. Shaq's celebrity will sell tickets. It may actually put us in media's good graces. Plus by the playoffs, we can muster up one more run from the big fella. I want to hear him proclaim Joe to be better than King James.

I wouldn't trade marvin for shaq. That would worsen our team. Who is going to guard lebron james?

Marvin my piss a lot of you off but he is undeniably the guy who checks the other team's star wing player.

+1. Marvin is not going to be as easy to replace as most on this board believe.

Marvin's talents on both sides of the ball are found in most Small Forwards. He does nothing particularly well / or bad that can't be found on most rosters. Jamario Moon or Matt Barnes are good examples.

Not really.

I wouldn't trade marvin for shaq. That would worsen our team. Who is going to guard lebron james?

Marvin my piss a lot of you off but he is undeniably the guy who checks the other team's star wing player.

You have a point but the problem is is that Marvin don't know how to defend him well. When Marvin stays up close on LBJ he pretty much holds LBJ from doing well.

The problem is Marvin plays off LBJ too much and LBJ gets his game on. To hold LBJ you must get all up in his grill even when he backs up on his dribble.

Now we have a guy who didn't get much playing time AT ALL, who was a walk on at GT/Hawks who Hubbie Brown says he would put on LBJ/D-Wade. :whistling:

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Joe Johnson can guard Lebron and do a much much better job than Marvin could ever do. We don't keep an overpaid, non-impactful SF just because he stays in front of his man??? Marvin has never made one single solitary difference in the outcomes against Lebron. Better yet, Lebron isn't the one that we should be concerned about. How will we contain Howard is a much better question. Our starting PF and C are asking for help. If we deny them this help, it's possible that Horf is gone. For a change, let's do the right thing and get what we need instead of HOPE that Marvin somehow finally becomes usable.

• Like 1

+1. Marvin is not going to be as easy to replace as most on this board believe.

Nor was my 1973 Ford Pinto easy to replace - but that didn't make it a good car. Let's face it - our perimeter defense has basically been "hope they miss" for some time now. Any team with an inside-out approach or one that sets a screen and passes can get a wide open perimeter shot against us all day long since we have to sluff off inside to make up for our lack of size.

With Marvin we've gone from:

Worthy with a jumpshot - to,

"unlimited potential" - to,

potential - did good in summerleague - to,

still young - working on the 3-ball - to,

shut-down defender - to,

can guard the perimeter.

Marvin is 6-9/235 and we now need to keep him because he can guard a guy on the perimeter? What's next? Is Marvin the guy who knows where the light switch is?help%20wanted3.gif

• Like 1

...Better yet, Lebron isn't the one that we should be concerned about. How will we contain Howard is a much better question. Our starting PF and C are asking for help. If we deny them this help, it's possible that Horf is gone. For a change, let's do the right thing and get what we need instead of HOPE that Marvin somehow finally becomes usable.

On this I agree 100% D. We need to do the things that make us competitve against ORL. If everything clicks and works out as Riley has planned for MIA, then everybody is out of luck. BUT...if things don't work out perfectly for MIA (minor injuries/gunfights) and we can get past ORL??? Who knows? Stranger things have happened.

Mo does most things as well as Marvin does.

Excpet that he takes initiative where Marvin waits.

I don't hate Marvin - he is a good small forward but someone just moved our cheese down in Miami. We have to either get into this arms race or get out. Standing still will get us run over.

I'm not against trading marvin at all - however I don't think I'd do it for shaq.

Agreed. No way would I trade an important part of our team for a 2 year Shaq rental.

The only player I'd trade for Shaq straight up would be Childress and that's only if Childress doesn't want to play here and because that's what it would take for us to be able to do a S&T for Shaq.

• Like 1

Agreed. No way would I trade an important part of our team for a 2 year Shaq rental.

The only player I'd trade for Shaq straight up would be Childress and that's only if Childress doesn't want to play here and because that's what it would take for us to be able to do a S&T for Shaq.

I guess that is the split on this board. If we believe Marvin is an important part of our team or not.

Edited by GameTime

Honestly Dolfan...if you really believe that LD is going to install an offense like Teague described on another thread - who would be more important to the success of that offense? Lazy arsed Marvin who hits 36% on mid-range wide open jumpers and seldom finishes in the paint - or JChillz who moves without the ball and can finish?. Neither are offensive powerhouses and neither are shutdown defenders.

I just don't like the idea of dangling Chillz out there as bait to get some team to also take Marvin.