• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Woody Watch: No More Openings in Beantown

lethalweapon3

• Moderators

Doc Rivers picked Lawrence Frank, formerly of the historically lowly New Jersey Nets, to be his replacement for Tom Thibodeau. By my estimation, that leaves some assistant spots with the Clippers as his final realistic options for sitting on an NBA bench come October.

Cue the Violins!

Any good openings here in town? Perhaps he'll grace us with his musings on NBA-TV next season. I'm hoping he'll try his hand at the WNBA, there should be some gigs opening soon.

~lw3

Woody is obviously waiting for the Hawks to fail this upcoming season so he can say "see, I told you so!'

That would increase his value because people will see that he led this team to an improved record every year only for us to falter without him. Sure that theory only works in a vacuum but I'm thinking along the lines of how these GMs are handing out these ridiculous contracts so I doubt they become that much smarter when it comes to coaching evaluations.

• Premium Member

he's a great coach and will have no trouble landing on his feet.

Coaches get fired so often, I wouldn't worry about Woody. He took a team from 13 to 53 wins. Some GM will be swayed by that. I'd say a bit into the season when some team is unexpectadly falling on its face, Woody will get the call. Plus, a lot of the other guys out there now have jobs.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

I could see him stepping and helping the Kings rebuild. .......maybe the T-Wolves after a season or 2.

i would love to see L.D. bring him in as an offensive consultant

• Moderators

Coaches get fired so often, I wouldn't worry about Woody. He took a team from 13 to 53 wins. Some GM will be swayed by that. I'd say a bit into the season when some team is unexpectadly falling on its face, Woody will get the call. Plus, a lot of the other guys out there now have jobs.

This.

Jim O'Brien, I am putting you on notice!

~lw3

• Moderators

I could see him stepping and helping the Kings rebuild. .......maybe the T-Wolves after a season or 2.

I am fine with the T-Wolves but hope he doesn't go to Sacto. I am very interested in seeing Cousins do well there.

I heard Woodson was hurting for money. Turns out, I flip on the Game Show Network, and what do I see......

30591762.jpg

You guessed it, Woodson on "Who Wants to Be A Millionaire?" They say it was the same expression the Browless Wonder gave during his meeting with Sund about the non-renewal of his contract when told that Iso Joe is not a competent offense.

• Like 2