• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who would make us contenders?

Diesel

44 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Melo trade because it's the one that lets us keep Smith and Horf. I doubt it will happen but the best option for us.

• Premium Member

Melo trade because it's the one that lets us keep Smith and Horf. I doubt it will happen but the best option for us.

I don't know if Melo makes us a contender? He's not going to guard Howard.

I went with the Paul trade. Since that is very unlikely to happen. We are pretty much stuck with the status quo. It is going to take our core players to make that huge leap next year. It is time for Horf,Smoove and Marv to raise their games to another level. They will all be 25 and Vets of the league now. No more excuses. Lastly we need the JJ of a few years ago that scored 25 ppg before getting injured.

Edited by Paladin

I went with the Paul trade. Since that is very unlikely to happen. We are pretty much stuck with the status quo. It is going to take our core players to make that huge leap next year. It is time for Horf,Smoove and Marv to raise their games to another level. They will all be 25 and Vets of the league now. No more excuses. Lastly we need the JJ of a few years ago that scored 25 ppg before getting injured.

Smith and Horford raised their games last season. Horford went from 6.8 win shares in 2008-2009 to 10.9 win shares in 2009-2010. Smith went from 4.9 win shares in 2008-2009 to 9.3 win shares in 2009-2010. Al Horford also improved from a 7.4 WARP in 2008-2009 to a 10.9 WARP in 2009-2010. Al's winning percentage last season was 0.602, which means that if you took Al and put four average players around him, your team would win 60% of its games. Josh Smith improved from a 7.2 WARP in 2008-2009 to a whopping 15.3 WARP in 2009-2010. His winning percentage was 0.676, which means the Hawks would win 67% of their games if it was Josh Smith and four average players. Al and Josh are the two most important players on this team.

The players that need to take their games to another level are Marvin Williams and Jeff Teague. Marvin just needs to go back to being the player he was in 2008-2009, where he posted a 4.4 WARP and had 6.3 win shares. Marvin fell to a 1.0 WARP in 2009-2010 and 5.7 win shares. Jeff Teague actually had a WARP of -0.3.

Oh, and Chris Paul is the only player on this list that would significantly improve the Hawks.

Edited by KB21

Easy call. That would be the Melo trade involving Crawford and Marvin + picks, because in that trade we'd still be keeping Smoove, and could roll with a starting 5 of Teague and/or Bibb's, JJ, Melo, Smoove, and Horford (or Shaq at the 5, in which case you could reconfigure the minutes between he, Horf, and Smoove). That would be a very good team in my opinion, although personally I'd almost prefer the Paul trade, simply because I am so starved to see a world-class point guard on this team.

I'm just not a Melo fan, what has Denver done with him? Nothing.

You cant blame that on Carmelo. He balls out every game and requires special attention from opposing defenses.

Denver just has bad team chemistry. I like Denver a lot, but it's like somebody put together a team of misfits that can all play basketball. The thing with that though is when something goes wrong, everybody goes into f that mode.