• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Is it just me or is anyone else a little excited about having the NWO heat in our division?

HawkItus

• Premium Member

Eh... Division standings don't mean much in the NBA (I guess you get a nice hat or something if you win...) We play them the same number of times as we do everyone else in the conference.

Division standings matter in playoff seeding. I'd much rather have a cupcake division than a powerhouse.

• Like 2

Eh... Division standings don't mean much in the NBA (I guess you get a nice hat or something if you win...) We play them the same number of times as we do everyone else in the conference.

With Orlando and Miami in our division, we may have to win 58 games . . just to secure the #3 or #4 spot. We could end up with a better record than both the Atlantic and Central division winners . . but end up the #5 seed . . because Orlando and Miami finished ahead of us.

Edited by northcyde

With Orlando and Miami in our division, we may have to win 58 games . . just to secure the #3 or #4 spot. We could end up with a better record than both the Atlantic and Central division winners . . but end up the #5 seed . . because Orlando and Miami finished ahead of us.

I dunno.. they're still just good on paper at this point. (The Heat, anyways.)

My link

I mean this is going to be fun. We already had the Wade vs. Holman thing. Miami hating Josh Smith. Of course we always boo Lebron mercilessly. All those games should be on National TV.

What? No way am I thrilled to have that team in our division. I don't care if they can sell out arenas.

Outside of the last Olympics, "Dream Teams" can't even beat international teams. And even they (the 2008 squad) struggled far more to win than they should have. Bosh just isn't that good. Isn't that big or hasn't really ever been anything but a stat-stuffer on terrible teams.

Wade is too small, too unhealthy and can't shoot outside well enough to compensate.

James is truly good --- but cannot shoot. And is probably the most arrogant excuse for a human being that the league has ever attepted to shove down our throats. This team couldn't beat the Lakers in a series if the Lakers spotted them 1-2 games.

Cleveland was a much better team than this will be. They would have eventually won a title. It's likely that no team "that good" has ever failed to do so -- if kept together. It was a freak thing that they didn't. Not a team construction flaw. And very stupid of James to jump ship. But he is likely as stupid as a stump and his handlers the worser.

But the talking heads at ESPN, etc will attepmt to spin "The Decision" in a favorable way because their incomes depend on acceptance of the NBA and their marquee guy----James. They had no choice. Never trust the direction the press tries to lead you. Always consider their stake and damage control tactics.

CS