• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What's the cause of all the huge blown leads

pimp

Why do we blow   

32 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

lack of adjustments answers your other comment of Iso Joe/Jamal.

Does anyone have any stats about how many blown leads the Hawks actually had compared to other teams? I think that fans of every team are just oversenstive to blown leads and just don't notice as much when it happens to every other team in the league.

Edited by spotatl

• Moderators

Does anyone have any stats about how many blown leads the Hawks actually had compared to other teams? I think that fans of every team are just oversenstive to blown leads and just don't notice as much when it happens to every other team in the league.

I think this may be the case. The number is meaningless without some context.

• Premium Member

I said other. Here's why.

We don't have a lost post game. That's the start of all of our problems when it comes to collapses. When teams get up, they usually slow the games down and go into the low post for high percentage shots or they drive the lane and either score or go to the line. We don't have the personnel to do either. So what we do is let Joe, Jamal, Bibbs, and Marvin (sometimes Smoove) shoot those long jumpers. Those are low percentage points. Even the best defense in the world will give. I watched us lose to GS this year in GS. The reason we lost is because when we got up, there was nothing inside to go to. We continued to play at their pace and our shots stopped falling.

Some of you think I advocated for getting Shaq just to contain Howard. NOPE. Shaq is a C who knows how to play in the low post. I figure the addition of Shaq could take us over the 60 win mark. Some of you think I advocate trading for CP3 because I like his passing game. NOPE. CP3 is a killer down the stretch. He knows how to get in the lane and get his points. The same is even more true of Gilbert Arenas. If we're up going to the 4th with GA, It's a win. Right now, unless Teague becomes the guy, we don't have anybody who fearlessly drives the lane. Unless Horf becomes the guy, we don't have anybody who calls for the ball in the post and gets his points 56+% of the time. Jason Collins is not going to do it. Neither is Josh Powell.

I said other. Here's why.

We don't have a lost post game. That's the start of all of our problems when it comes to collapses. When teams get up, they usually slow the games down and go into the low post for high percentage shots or they drive the lane and either score or go to the line. We don't have the personnel to do either. So what we do is let Joe, Jamal, Bibbs, and Marvin (sometimes Smoove) shoot those long jumpers. Those are low percentage points. Even the best defense in the world will give. I watched us lose to GS this year in GS. The reason we lost is because when we got up, there was nothing inside to go to. We continued to play at their pace and our shots stopped falling.

Some of you think I advocated for getting Shaq just to contain Howard. NOPE. Shaq is a C who knows how to play in the low post. I figure the addition of Shaq could take us over the 60 win mark. Some of you think I advocate trading for CP3 because I like his passing game. NOPE. CP3 is a killer down the stretch. He knows how to get in the lane and get his points. The same is even more true of Gilbert Arenas. If we're up going to the 4th with GA, It's a win. Right now, unless Teague becomes the guy, we don't have anybody who fearlessly drives the lane. Unless Horf becomes the guy, we don't have anybody who calls for the ball in the post and gets his points 56+% of the time. Jason Collins is not going to do it. Neither is Josh Powell.

Good post. I doubt Horford the guy if do not create it for him. Same for Smith.

Perimeter defense.

It was by far the worst aspect of this team last season, and it has gone largely ignored this offseason by this front office. Contrary to popular opinion, the Hawks didn't let people score at will on the inside. They let people score at will when they shot from the 15-23 foot range.