• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Does Joe Johnson have the worst contract in sports?

MVP23

Of course he isn't the worst contract in basketball. You don't think that the Knicks would be willing to trade Eddy Curry for Joe right now? As long as teams are willing to voluntarily take the contract then it isn't the worst in the league. If Joe's play slips at all then it will become increasingly bad but at least right now its not close to the worst.

• Premium Member

i doubt JJ thinks so

....anyway I think the Edgerton Hurtwell contract was worse.

Edited by NineOhTheRino

• Moderators

No, but you make the worst "new" threads in Hawksquawk.

:thumbsupsmileyanim: :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Since he hasn't played a single minute under his new contract it would be impossible to say. What if with a new offensive scheme he starts dropping 25/game and we make it to the finals? Will he still be 'overpaid' then? You think LA or Dallas won't take Joe in 2 or 3 years for a championship run if we aren't contending? And if we are contending then my guess is we'll be happy we paid him.

http://www.11alive.com/rss/rss_story.aspx?storyid=145918

In other words, this guy will be cashin checks in his mid 30's, probably with us, while dropping like 11 points a game. He mind as well pay A.I 20 million this year.

a better question, is this the worst reputation on HS?

Edited by sultanofatl

Haynesworth from the redskins has the worst contract in sports. Dude sucked big time last year lol. Joe is overpaid, no one can deny that EVER, but there is nothing we can do about that now. So no point in posting threads about that everyday of the week.

Haynesworth from the redskins has the worst contract in sports. Dude sucked big time last year lol. Joe is overpaid, no one can deny that EVER, but there is nothing we can do about that now. So no point in posting threads about that everyday of the week.

Joe has 70Mill more dollars guranteed than haynesworth. You can't really use football players , thier contract stuffz is way different.

Edited by AliznotaCenter

Joe has 70Mill more dollars guranteed than haynesworth. You can't really use football players , thier contract stuffz is way different.

Haynesworth was just paid a 21M check weeks ago. Joe has never made that much in one season......at least not yet.

http://www.11alive.com/rss/rss_story.aspx?storyid=145918

In other words, this guy will be cashin checks in his mid 30's, probably with us, while dropping like 11 points a game. He mind as well pay A.I 20 million this year.

What was the max the other teams could have offered, again?

Whatever that number was, would that have been a bad contract?

The first 3 years of JJ's contract is fairly reasonable. The 4th year starts to get unreasonable. The 5th year is going to suck. In the 6th year it becomes one of those super expiring contracts that we'll all be excited about wondering what we can get for it.

• Premium Member

dang I forgot about the Gilbert Arenas contract. That's easily worse than JJ and Hartwell.