• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

For all the Marbles t2o...

Diesel

27 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Premium Member

Looking at the hype surrounding us possibly getting CP3, i have two more questions.

One consideration....

Now that Craw has won 6th man of the year, maybe LD should trying him out at starting SG and let Joe move over to the SF spot...

Looking at the hype surrounding us possibly getting CP3, i have two more questions.

One consideration....

Now that Craw has won 6th man of the year, maybe LD should trying him out at starting SG and let Joe move over to the SF spot...

It depends Biggum. If we land Shaq, we start Shaq. It satisfies us most. It satisfies Al the PF, it satisfies Marvin not starting fore Josh starts at the three. So if we have Shaq, Jamal is first off the bench. Now if Teague cannot handle the team Jamal needs to start at point, if we have Shaq. I believe keeping the big guy happy keeps Al happy.

If there is no Shaq, yes. Start Joe, Jamal and Teague. If Teague fails, Joe Jamal and Bibby. Marvin off the bench for sure. Marvin needs to find himself as a player. Enough being given starters rights without performing as a starter. He may actually thrive off the bench, cause he ain't thriving as a starter.

To answer the poll, I'm unsure about Teague starting. He looked solid for the most part in Summer League, but I still question if he can go from a player who saw very limited minutes last season to a player that receives starter minutes. That's a big jump. I would actually like to see Bibby (if he's still w/ us when the season begins..) start at the beginning of the season and gradually increase Teague's minutes and eventually make him a starter if he proves worthy.

I've said this before, I would rather keep Jamal Crawford at the bench and keep Joe Johnson at his natural position at the 2. Joe's size and strength compared to other shooting guards is a big reason why he's so effective. Move Joe to the SF position and he loses that advantage he had.

• Premium Member

To answer the poll, I'm unsure about Teague starting. He looked solid for the most part in Summer League, but I still question if he can go from a player who saw very limited minutes last season to a player that receives starter minutes. That's a big jump. I would actually like to see Bibby (if he's still w/ us when the season begins..) start at the beginning of the season and gradually increase Teague's minutes and eventually make him a starter if he proves worthy.

I've said this before, I would rather keep Jamal Crawford at the bench and keep Joe Johnson at his natural position at the 2. Joe's size and strength compared to other shooting guards is a big reason why he's so effective. Move Joe to the SF position and he loses that advantage he had.

I get the feeling that LD really likes Teague and believes that Teague is a main eventer. I think he likes him so much that he won't sign off on a Paul trade. A Paul trade is very risky, but it's definitely high reward if everything works out well.

My problem with the Paul trade is that either way we give up a lot. Off the bench last season, Craw was a 18 ppg scorer. Same was Paul. We're saying we are going to give up Craw and either Horf or Smoove for Paul. It's a lot. But Paul makes the team better defensively as well.

• Moderators

I think starting Jamal at 2 and Joe at 3 is the way to go.

I just can't see starting a front court of Smoove/Al/Shaq. If Teague is the starting point then that's the worst shooting lineup in the league.

CP3 seems like a legit superstar that would be a very lucky acquisition but with his injury history I worry he'll be the next Baron Davis (although looking at it now Baron hasn't missed that many games in the last 5 years)

To me if you can trad Horford/Crawford for CP/Okafor you do that. Horford is a great player but he's not going to be a goto offensive player on the court. CP/Jamal/JJ/Smoove/Okafor is one tough starting lineup. Joe would not be seeing many double teams with that lineup.

I get the feeling that LD really likes Teague and believes that Teague is a main eventer. I think he likes him so much that he won't sign off on a Paul trade. A Paul trade is very risky, but it's definitely high reward if everything works out well.

My problem with the Paul trade is that either way we give up a lot. Off the bench last season, Craw was a 18 ppg scorer. Same was Paul. We're saying we are going to give up Craw and either Horf or Smoove for Paul. It's a lot. But Paul makes the team better defensively as well.

My only problem with a Chris Paul trade is the fact that he has allowed LeBron's people to but a dog collar and chain around his neck, and he's following them around like a little puppy. I question whether he is really a leader the way he is letting this group lead him around with no regard. The Hawks could get him, but that isn't going to stop LeBron's people from trying to get him to a place of their wishes in two years. I would be awful tempted to tell Chris Paul that he has to sever ties with LeBron James before I would trade for him.

I think that we are looking at this only from a FAN'S stand point and not a gm with a lot on the line. I think that if Al was on any other team in the NBA (especially a team in the west) he would be playing at his natural position of PF. So while we formulate trade scenerios with an Al for Okafor trade, I doubt the Hornets brass would be enthusiastic about playing another undersized center in the WC. So the real problem with any trade scenerio that has been mentioned on this board envolving CP3 over the past few weeks is not weither to give up Al or Josh... but the fact that the Hornets have David West on their roster occupying the PF spot in which Josh/Al are most effective playing at.

I think that we are looking at this only from a FAN'S stand point and not a gm with a lot on the line. I think that if Al was on any other team in the NBA (especially a team in the west) he would be playing at his natural position of PF. So while we formulate trade scenerios with an Al for Okafor trade, I doubt the Hornets brass would be enthusiastic about playing another undersized center in the WC. So the real problem with any trade scenerio that has been mentioned on this board envolving CP3 over the past few weeks is not weither to give up Al or Josh... but the fact that the Hornets have David West on their roster occupying the PF spot in which Josh/Al are most effective playing at.

Ive said the same thing before . The Hornets have a ALL STAR PF on there roster in West and we keep talking about packages in which the key piece is a POWER FORWARD. We just dont have the pieces .

Ive said the same thing before . The Hornets have a ALL STAR PF on there roster in West and we keep talking about packages in which the key piece is a POWER FORWARD. We just dont have the pieces .

I've said the same thing before....they're not limited to one move. They take the best talent offered and make other moves accordingly. They don't have to keep Horford/Smith/or David West, they can package them to another team for a player that would fit on their team. You shouldn't take a less talented player just because they fit a positional need when you're being offered better players...especially when you're trading a superstar player.

One consideration....

There is NO HYPE ABOUT US GETTING CP3 get over it dude

• Like 1

• Moderators

I'm in the "No" category on Teague, but I was curious to see the following rookie-year stat numbers:

10:05 Mins, 3.2 Pts, 0.9 Rebs, 1.7 Asts, 0.7 TOs, 0.5 Stls, 39.7 FG%, 21.9 3P%, 83.7 FT%

10:30 Mins, 3.3 Pts, 1.0 Rebs, 2.1 Asts, 1.0 TOs, 0.3 Stls, 42.3 FG%, 41.8 3P%, 82.4 FT%

11:30 Mins, 3.9 Pts, 1.2 Rebs, 1.5 Asts, 0.9 TOs, 0.5 Stls, 39.7 FG%, 30.1 3P%, 65.8 FT%

The first stat line belongs to Jeff Teague. Any guesses as to the other two veteran guards?

~lw3

• Like 1

I know everyone wants to bury Bibby & understand the concerns about his man defense, but I still argue that the Bibby hate is very shortsighted and emotionally-driven.

The Hawks were still a much better team early in games with Bibby on the floor that without.

Let Teague earn heavy minutes, but let Bibby bring the team out of the gate & set the tempo early.

I can however accept substitution arguments for possession basketball at the end of games but ...

for now, Bibby should absolutely remain the starter

• Like 1