• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Lorenzen Wright's body found

Vesper

well this ought to show everyone that money and fame isn't everything.

I've got 3 kids and i wouldn't trade a dollar of his money for my time with them. he mismanaged his money per to the news reports which was due to him not having any levity in respect to an exit strategy but still no kid deserves to grow up without a dad.

i predict there will be more stories like this as the delonte west types move along in the league.

• Like 1

I've got 3 kids and i wouldn't trade a dollar of his money for my time with them. he mismanaged his money per to the news reports which was due to him not having any levity in respect to an exit strategy but still no kid deserves to grow up without a dad.

i predict there will be more stories like this as the delonte west types move along in the league.

What does Delonte West have to do with this? I don't get it. Yes, Lorenzen had his financial difficulties, but from all indications he was a stand up guy and a great father to his children. We only know so much as fans. It's not fair to generalize his situation with others. Bottom line is that it's a very sad story and one no one wants to see happen.

• Moderators

He could've been E.F. Hutton and still lost his life to senseless violence. We should avoid generalizations about (living or hanging out in Memphis, managing money, looking like you have money, having X # of kids) anytime, but most especially at the early stages of this investigation.

~lw3

Edited by lethalweapon3

Really?

Go tell this drivel to his kids, his mother, his dad. I say you just made yourself as a cyber-coward. So this is what is in your mind. Be a Man and hold those carelessly stupid thoughts to yourself, moderator.

• Like 1

body of missing Memphis basketball star Lorenzen Wright, a former Hawk, was found in a wooded area in the city’s southeast side, the Commercial Appeal is reporting.

Memphis police are referring to a "death investigation" and the newspaper is reporting that a 911 call made on July 19 from Wright's cellphone recorded loud gunshot blasts from what appeared to be several weapons before the call ended.

The information of Wright's death is coming from an unnamed law enforcement source, the newspaper said. The Memphis Police Department won't officially comment, the Commercial Appeal said.

body of missing Memphis basketball star Lorenzen Wright, a former Hawk, was found in a wooded area in the city’s southeast side, the Commercial Appeal is reporting.

Memphis police are referring to a "death investigation" and the newspaper is reporting that a 911 call made on July 19 from Wright's cellphone recorded loud gunshot blasts from what appeared to be several weapons before the call ended.

The information of Wright's death is coming from an unnamed law enforcement source, the newspaper said. The Memphis Police Department won't officially comment, the Commercial Appeal said.

Damn. Memphis is so crazy, he was about to leave for good. Sounds like a movie scene. I need more info but this is very likely a murder.

Edited by nbasuperstar40

• Premium Member

Now this deserves negatives. You are making broad assumptions about him. It has been reported that he was found with 12-18 bullets in him and his 911 call heard several guns being discharged. This poor man was almost certainly murdered by multiple killers.

I don't neg and didn't neg you, but this is wrong man.

• Moderators

On his last tweet (apparently he really embraced his AWA-style middle name as of late) he asked "why," but his question was in response to a friend suggesting he return his Twitter name to "Lorenzen Wright." If I'm reading it correctly, that tweet came about 12 hours before his ex-wife said he left her house. Hopefully we'll get more news on the veracity of the source-reported 911 call (why this wasn't reported during his "disappearance" until now is baffling), the barbershop visit, and the timelines for all that, but it appears as of noon on the day before his disappearance he was certainly tweeting as if nothing was amiss, particularly nothing to indicate a self-infliction was pending.

~lw3

LOL at his twit about Chris Bosh, lmao, somebody had to do it. lol. RIP Lo.

Lo on Bosh

Just reading his tweets, Lo is a funny dude. He reminds me of my cousin just reading his messages, seemed like a cool guy to be around that everyone would like. Why would ppl do that to him if it was a murder then..

Edited by nbasuperstar40

• Moderators

The tragedies in his life included a father who was paralyzed by gun violence while Lorenzen was 10, and an infant daughter who died from SIDS.

Teammates on his rookie-year 1997 Clippers team included the late Malik Sealy and Kevin Duckworth, along with the recently-paralyzed Rodney Rogers, and Dwayne Schintzius who has been recovering from surgery following a bout with leukemia.

~lw3

• Moderators

LOL at his twit about Chris Bosh, lmao, somebody had to do it. lol. RIP Lo.

Lo on Bosh

I saw that, too, and figured it was not apropos timing to say something, but I admit I chuckled a bit too. Poor CB4/Ru!

Lo's tweets and re-tweets were not exactly the kind of things you'd want on your front page if you had designs on offing yourself, or had any suspicions you were not long for this world. Gotta be leaning toward foul play officially, soon, but of course it's premature until the PDs say something publicly.

~lw3