• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

You shouldn't be too concerned about the Pre-Season

AHawks89

From Josh Smith Blog: October 19th, 2010

What’s going on? I know alot of you have been checking out the pre-season games getting a little nervous but trust me its no need to worry. We will be fine. For the most part we haven’t had the whole team play together yet and the times that we did the rotation is not what it would be in the regular season so don’t read alot into it. It seems that everybody had these little nagging injuries thats getting worked out. This Thursday we will be playing on TNT against another division opponent, the Miami Heat. I know everybody is waiting to see what they look like up close. Also, if anybody is free today we have an open practice at 6pm at Milton High School. I’m about to get into the gym early and work with my trainer. I’ll talk to you’ll later…….SMOOVE

Makes me feel much better than did before; especially when it's coming from a player/captain.

link

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I'm glad somebody said something because these guys have looked absolutely awful. I've read tme and time again that it's just preseason, but when a team looks this bad, that's a valid cause for concern. We'll see what these guys look like against Miami this Thursday. All I want to see is some level of effort and competence out there, that's it. I'm not expecting them to look like a championship this early in the learning process, but I really want to see more than what I saw this past Monday.

What else would you expect Josh Smith to say?

Josh is the one I am most worried about. He doesn't seem to be doing ANYTHING DIFFERENT from last year. At least the other guys are trying. Joe isn't going one on one much anymore.

Josh is still doing the things he shouldn't be doing: dribbling up the court...taking long jumgers...hanging around the 3pt line.... When is Josh going to take part in the new system? He seems

to be stuck in "Woody-mode".

Josh is the one I am most worried about. He doesn't seem to be doing ANYTHING DIFFERENT from last year. At least the other guys are trying. Joe isn't going one on one much anymore.

Josh is still doing the things he shouldn't be doing: dribbling up the court...taking long jumgers...hanging around the 3pt line.... When is Josh going to take part in the new system? He seems

Or maybe he's stuck in Josh mode? I've always suspected that Josh does his own thing but nobody has ever been able to fully stop it. Will LD be the guy to get through to him? I'm skeptical but still hopeful as he is the one player with the potential on the roster to make us a much better team than we currently are.

Well said. None of the games has he taken the ball to the whole. He's settled for a ton of jumpers because he 'worked on his jumper over the summer'.. Also worried about them keeping Bibby on the floor. Seems like everyone can see he's done except for the Coaching staff. Even the Orlando commentators were talking about how the Hawks were able to 'hide' Bibby on defense through switches. This year he will be exposed and has been.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news. . .but I hope you guys haven't looked at Sekou Smith's NBA Hangtime blog on nba.com

11 teams have finished the preseason with 0 or 1 win. Only one of those teams ( the 07 - 08 Cavs ), made the playoffs.

Sekou's blog cites that Atlanta and New Orleans may be in trouble, if that stat holds true. New Orleans lost again tonight @ Charlotte.

Not granted, both the Hawks and Hornets can cite injuries as the reason why we only have one preseason win. But what the injuries have caused for both teams, is for them to start out behind in their cohesion.

For us, the preseason was supposed to be the time that Jeff Teague really got his feet wet and developed some chemistry with the starters. But he's only played in one game all preseason.

Smith's "don't worry about the preseason" attitude isn't comforting at all, seeing that he's a notoriously slow starter to begin every season.

Take away the 1st half of the Memphis game, and this team hasn't looked good at all for the most part.

These guys better be at least a little concerned, or Lebron will try to embarrass the Hawks later on tonight.