• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

does jamal crawford fit drew's style of play?

gsuteke

Watching the 1st quarter of this game makes me realize why crawford was so good in mike woodson's system. He goes 1 on 1 and he's a volume scorer.

Well that works well when you run an iso offense. The hawks offense has looked great to this point moving the ball all over the place. Crawford has played well also scoring but every time he touches the ball he shoots it.

I question whether he is a good fit at this point.

The passing in this game is fantastic which is why I'm thinking crawford may be extremely tradeable.

One of the valuable things in a 6th man is the ability to change the pace. When the Hawks offense isn't going its good to have that guy that can come in and try to get some momentum going even if it is outside the offensive gameplan.

One of the things I love about Josh Smith is his ability to change momentum with one dunk. I'm more concerned with how he fits in this offense. Taking alot of jumpers. He took and made a 3 but I still cringed. Need the adrenaline plays from him.

Watching the 1st quarter of this game makes me realize why crawford was so good in mike woodson's system. He goes 1 on 1 and he's a volume scorer.

Well that works well when you run an iso offense. The hawks offense has looked great to this point moving the ball all over the place. Crawford has played well also scoring but every time he touches the ball he shoots it.

I question whether he is a good fit at this point.

The passing in this game is fantastic which is why I'm thinking crawford may be extremely tradeable.

I was actually noticing the exact same thing watching the first half. The starters executed the offense close to perfection when they were in. They moved the ball around and found the open man. When Jamal came in, it seemed like they didn't run the motion offense anymore. Was either him taking his man one on one, or high pick and roll. However, he was scoring none the less, so I can't really question that part of it right now. I think it is still good to have someone like that who can create his own shot and put some points on the board quick. Time will tell whether it becomes a problem against other teams, but for now, I think it is a good blend of scoring. Who knows, maybe LD told him to go in and score points as he typically does to help the bench out. I think if he is in with the other starters he won't be doing one on one so much.

• Like 1

The only thing I liked about Crawford play (besides him actually making the shots he took) was than when Teague was in the game, JC passed the ball to him to bring up the court and initiate the offense.

Crawford is talented but he will likely never buy into the system but he just needs to score for us anyway. He will be traded by the deadline.

• Premium Member

I don't know what game you guys were watching. Crawford looked great out there. Crawford will score no matter what offense we are running... Just because we have an offense now doesn't mean that we will eliminate 1 on 1 play all together (nor should we!). Having a guy on your team coming off of the bench and taking people of the dribble is an asset that is well worth exploiting. The guy is great in the open floor also, which is great since we definitely seem more focused on pushing the tempo so far.

• Like 2

I don't know what game you guys were watching. Crawford looked great out there. Crawford will score no matter what offense we are running... Just because we have an offense now doesn't mean that we will eliminate 1 on 1 play all together (nor should we!). Having a guy on your team coming off of the bench and taking people of the dribble is an asset that is well worth exploiting. The guy is great in the open floor also, which is great since we definitely seem more focused on pushing the tempo so far.

He does that and it's great but what about the poor defense, the changing the offensive tempo and not in a good way. Hey it's only game one but it isn't like he's brought into a system(Woody's aside) at any point in his career.

I think it is a valid question. I don't think anyone is upset with the amount of shots he got up but it just seemed like he was forcing at times. It disrupted the flow of the offense for the second string. The starters did a great job swinging the ball and getting open looks in motion.

Crawford passed the ball just fine when hes playing the role of scorer on the second unit its ridiculous to expect him to not shoot . 5-11 is right where he should he moved the ball at times but at times he also was very aggressive which is what you want .

Zaza

Powell

Mo

Crawford

Teague

There is no offense in the world that you can run that is gonna allow Zaza,Powell,and Mo to create a bunch of shots for anyone so the goal is to move the ball but not have 3-5 stagnant possessions. thats what you want and thats what we pretty much got . Everyone on the second unit had some quality looks but in the end your best scorers still end up with the majority of the shots .

He had three steals and drove the lane instead of settling for a bunch of threes but but now hes selfish and wanted to get his ? . :shake_puter:

This fantasy of there will never be a another isolation play ran by the hawks needs to end .Every single team in the league runs isolation the key is to not over rely on it and still be able to execute and I think thats what LD is going for .

• Like 1

He does that and it's great but what about the poor defense, the changing the offensive tempo and not in a good way. Hey it's only game one but it isn't like he's brought into a system(Woody's aside) at any point in his career.

That's what I like about Larry Drew. He actually bench Crawford late in the fourth quarter because he knew defensively Crawford is lacking and offensively we don't need him when we have Joe, Josh, Bibby, Horford, Marvin, ect...

• Like 1

He was +17 he changed the tempo for the positive but what hurt was the second units turnovers which they all had . I think whoever thinks LD is gonna put Crawford on the second unit and then have him rely soley on Powell and Mo evens to create opportunities for him to score is kidding themselves. Its a balancing act you want Crawford to be aggressive but also still be able to run some set offense when required we did that.

That's what I like about Larry Drew. He actually bench Crawford late in the fourth quarter because he knew defensively Crawford is lacking and offensively we don't need him when we have Joe, Josh, Bibby, Horford, Marvin, ect...

nobody played more than 31 minutes tonight as LD said he will play 10 guys which is what he did

• Like 1

He was +17 he changed the tempo for the positive but what hurt was the second units turnovers which they all had . I think whoever thinks LD is gonna put Crawford on the second unit and then have him rely soley on Powell and Mo evens to create opportunities for him to score is kidding themselves. Its a balancing act you want Crawford to be aggressive but also still be able to run some set offense when required we did that.

nobody played more than 31 minutes tonight as LD said he will play 10 guys which is what he did

As I agree with the other poster, we have to take the good with the bad but he's expendable at a later date. As for now, he's good for us.

I think he had about 3 steals if I'm not mistaken( pretty good ones at that). As far as his offensive play I thought the same thing a everyone else did at first. He doesn't want to work within the system and he is out to get his. Wrong!! As the game progressed some of us recognized what was going on. He was put in to be an X-Factor and a scoring guard and still be affective because he can pass and doesn't run down the shot clock as much as JJ would. It keeps the defensive on their toes and guessing. Like a boxing match it kind of knocks the wind out of you when you can't gauge the tempo and constantly have to keep up with the offenses quick cuts.