• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks vs Sixers

exodus

Iggy's long range shooting has always been his weakness but he always seems to make them against us. It is pretty annoying.

I like what i see so far though. After a bad start they have played pretty well. They are scoring well even though JJ has been pretty much invisible.

To me the most encouraging thing is that they aren't automatically switching screens on defense. I think that used to really hurt their defense and their defensive rebounding as well.

Offensively, we look great again. Horford, Jamal, and JJ each took over the game offensively in spurts. Have to love the fact that both JJ and Jamal have gotten to the line so much already in this game.

LOL . . could JJ have back to back double digit FT games?

5 minutes of great defense in the 3rd quarter may blow this game wide open. JJ and Marvin need to lock in on Iggy early, to see if we can stretch this lead to 15 or 16 right away.

20 turnovers, 11 by JJ and Smith.

In the 4th quarter they went back to iso ball and blew the lead. They were doing better when the starters were on the bench.

JJ was having a very efficient game until the 4th quarter. Then it was dribble-dribble-dribble turnover.

:help wanted3:

JJ 1-2 from foul line ----- Then, he does it again. :helpsmilie:

Can't do that.....

Josh with a final block wins the game for Hawks.

Shouldn't have let it get THAT close.

:dancing18:

• Like 1

I agree . . shouldn't have let it get that close. The captain damn near lost that game for us.

Oh well, we get an untimely 3 from Josh to give us the cushion to pull this one out. Not the first time he's hit a 3 late in the game like that. It was a shot he had to shoot though, with the clock running down.

Smith got the hook for his dumb foul and technical.

hawks needed smith to commit that offensive foul. the sixers had gotten very physical with the hawks. they were really bullying the hawks. smith tried to show the sixers they would not be bullied. as far as the tech, that's the nba today, you can't even speak to the refs anymore. he probably should have just walked away, but i know he was just saying they have been mugging us. all in all, a good win for the hawks, this is a game that in past years we would have lost.

• Like 1

hawks needed smith to commit that offensive foul. the sixers had gotten very physical with the hawks. they were really bullying the hawks. smith tried to show the sixers they would not be bullied. as far as the tech, that's the nba today, you can't even speak to the refs anymore. he probably should have just walked away, but i know he was just saying they have been mugging us. all in all, a good win for the hawks, this is a game that in past years we would have lost.

i guess i have just accepted that you have to take the bad that comes along with the good from josh. he takes too many long jumpers, which is frustrating sometimes. but then he makes a three that he has absolutely no business making, and then blocks the game tieing shot securing the win. that's josh smith

• Premium Member

20 turnovers, 11 by JJ and Smith.

In the 4th quarter they went back to iso ball and blew the lead. They were doing better when the starters were on the bench.

JJ was having a very efficient game until the 4th quarter. Then it was dribble-dribble-dribble turnover.

Yup, that's the story of the game. Nothing new, the Hawks have always looked great when they move the ball... At least the bench looked great for a second straight game.

• Premium Member

Work in progress. The Hawks played well for 3 quarters and then reverted back to Woody ball in the 4th. They need to get that stuff out of their system soon!

i guess i have just accepted that you have to take the bad that comes along with the good from josh. he takes too many long jumpers, which is frustrating sometimes. but then he makes a three that he has absolutely no business making, and then blocks the game tieing shot securing the win. that's josh smith

This is precisely why we lose against good teams. We rely on low percentage plays and get away from the high percentage ones way too much!

So the Hawks needed a turnover and a technical at the end of a tight game? That is ridiculous. Dumb basketball is dumb basketball. The time to commit a hard foul is when you are on defense and it won't cost you a possession. Funny how I didn't see any problems in the 4th when the bench players were in the game.

The Sixers don't have the size to be bullying anyone. The Hawks 4th quarter problems were entirely self imposed.

So the Hawks needed a turnover and a technical at the end of a tight game? That is ridiculous. Dumb basketball is dumb basketball. The time to commit a hard foul is when you are on defense and it won't cost you a possession. Funny how I didn't see any problems in the 4th when the bench players were in the game.

The Sixers don't have the size to be bullying anyone. The Hawks 4th quarter problems were entirely self imposed.

if he commited the foul on defense it would have sent the sixers to the free throw line. after that time out at about the 9min mark, you could tell that the sixers coach told his players we were soft and if they roughed us up we wouldn't do anything about it, and just fold. we were in the process of doing that until smoove did what he did.