• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks interested in 'Melo?

evilinkblot

Was reading truehoop and saw this at the bottom.

Say what? Is this more "they have to trade Smoove" or have a few phone calls made........

Chris Broussard - ESPN

If they were willing to make a deal centered around Marvin and Jamal (which I doubt they would be) then I could see us being involved but I highly doubt we'd trade Josh for Carmelo.

According to ESPN's trade checker: Smith and Crawford (definitely would have to add at least 1-1st round pick) for Melo and Chris Anderson works financially and actually improves both teams. I love Smoove, but that team would have to be considered legit contenders in the East.

Bibby/Teague/Sy

Johnson/Evans/Crawford

Anthony/Williams

Horford/Powell/Thomas

Anderson/Pachulia/Collins

I'd still like better PG production, but realistically, that's a great team that could do some serious damage.

According to ESPN's trade checker: Smith and Crawford (definitely would have to add at least 1-1st round pick) for Melo and Chris Anderson works financially and actually improves both teams. I love Smoove, but that team would have to be considered legit contenders in the East.

Bibby/Teague/Sy

Johnson/Evans/Crawford

Anthony/Williams

Horford/Powell/Thomas

I'd still like better PG production, but realistically, that's a great team that could do some serious damage.

I love Smoove and Crawford. But that team could be really good

Bibby/Teague/Sy

Johnson/Evans/Crawford

Anthony/Williams

Horford/Powell/Thomas

As much as we all love Smith, if Denver was to go for that and an extension was signed by Anthony, I'd drive both Smith and Crawford to the airport in order to get on the first thing smoking to Colorado. The team as currently constructed is a top-5 team in the East at best; adding Carmelo makes it a top-3 team with a shot at the Finals with a minor tweak or two. As Michael Corleone would say, 'it's nothing personal; it's just business'.

• Like 1

Bibby/Teague/Sy

Johnson/Evans/Crawford

Anthony/Williams

Horford/Powell/Thomas

But Anderson isn't a Center...

• Like 1

Nene, Billiups and Melo for Smoove, Teague, Crawford, Marvin and some picks.

DO NOT TRADE SMOOVE, without him our defense would be god awful, and its already pretty bad

If we can net Birdman in the deal we'll have the shot-blocking presence to keep our defense from falling off. Being that Carmelo can score from anywhere, our offense will improve tremendously.

If we can net Birdman in the deal we'll have the shot-blocking presence to keep our defense from falling off. Being that Carmelo can score from anywhere, our offense will improve tremendously.

Birdman is not a starter in this league. There is much more to defense than shot blocking, if that was the case, JaVale McGee would be 1st team All NBA Defensive team. We need Nene in this deal period. We need Nene and Melo or no deal. But to be honest, I would do this deal in the link below. Even add some draft picks since we can't afford to draft a player anyway. It's gonna put of over the tax but for Melo who will draw well in Atlanta since this is a superstar city, it's worth it. The good thing is Billups and Nene are expiring in 2011-12 and will can extend them for winner's discount and Billups is older so he will also make a lot less as well.

Melo to ATL deal

It also gives Denver a core of

Lawson

Smith

Marvin

Afflalo

with picks and a max deal where they can sign Yao or Oden for less than that of course. They would have a bright future as Smith isn't 25 years old yet.

Edited by nbasuperstar40

If you guys really think that the 'Nugs will ship away their 3 best players you need to put the pipe down. Same goes for thinking they'd ship Carmelo away for anything but a young star to be + role players. That means there's no way in hell that they'd ever go for a trade with Marvin as the main piece and is exactly why they were interested in the deal that netted them Favors, AK47, and a first round pick.

And c'mon man... Birdman is garbage. All he does is stand around and block shots, that's not what playing D is.

Edited by WakaFlocka
  • Like 2

If you guys really think that the 'Nugs will ship away their 3 best players you need to put the pipe down. Same goes for thinking they'd ship Carmelo away for anything but a young star to be + role players. That means there's no way in hell that they'd ever go for a trade with Marvin as the main piece and is exactly why they were interested in the deal that netted them Favors, AK47, and a first round pick.

And c'mon man... Birdman is garbage. All he does is stand around and block shots, that's not what playing D is.

Cap room, Billups is 34 and on the downswing, and can't do the deal without Nene. Plus they get an All Star in Josh Smith, nice glue guy in Marvin, and good backup center in Zaza and an expiring with Jamal. Not to mention draft picks to add. They would have a max this off season and can sign Yao or Oden for under it and another good player. It would be a good deal for them. I don't even think NJ is sold on dealing Favors as they were before the season. They suck anyway, Melo really doesn't want to play in NJ and Favors is looking like a 12/10 this season and a potential 23/13 in three years. That's a superstar. They would have a good pick going into the draft and they are experience away from being really good. Atlanta can trump them as Favors might not be on the table. We need Nene in the deal but Billups would be the icing on the cake for us.