• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Should we go for Murphy?

BrazilianHawk

Jamal for Murphy, YES or NO?  

21 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Premium Member

Link

This is a guy I personally always wanted to see in a Hawks jersey. He's a great rebounder and can really score from beyond the arc.

Send Jamal to the Neys straight up for Murphy so we can develop Craw Jr.

Bibby - Teague - JJ

JJ - Craw Jr.

Marvin - Mo - Smoove

Smoove - Horford - Murphy

Horford - Murphy - Zaza

Edited by BrazilianHawk

• Premium Member

Some of us - myself included at times - really undervalue what crawford brings to our team with his ability to score points.

I'd hope we got more from a team wanting to shed salary like the lakers got with gasol.

Agreed. Without Craw, the bench just isn't the same. Besides, I love his game. I know he's a shoot first and ask questions later type of player, but this team needs that to be honest. They need a wild card who can make impossible shots when the offense breaks down and who can handle the ball like he does. I just wish he would play something that looks like defense on the other end. But his game just fits the atmosphere in Atlanta so well. I love hearing the oohs and ahhs from the ATL crowd when he does his thing. I know that's all just flash but the game is supposed to be entertainment. If this guy gets traded away for a mediocre player or players, we will regret it.

• Premium Member

Agreed. Without Craw, the bench just isn't the same. Besides, I love his game. I know he's a shoot first and ask questions later type of player, but this team needs that to be honest. They need a wild card who can make impossible shots when the offense breaks down and who can handle the ball like he does. I just wish he would play something that looks like defense on the other end. But his game just fits the atmosphere in Atlanta so well. I love hearing the oohs and ahhs from the ATL crowd when he does his thing. I know that's all just flash but the game is supposed to be entertainment. If this guy gets traded away for a mediocre player or players, we will regret it.

I agree..........it would be a big mistake to trade Jamal Crawford, our scooring ability would really go down the drain. Drew is no different than Woody, put in Teague and let him play.

... Drew is no different than Woody, put in Teague and let him play.

Why play someone who is not showing a whole lot of ability to the play the postion he was drafted to play. Teague just doesn't look like an NBA PG. I would love for him to prove me wrong, but the more I see of Teague the less I wan to see him.

Jamal is a nice bench scorer, but he doesn't play well within Drew's offense and his defense is terrible. IF the Hawks can flip him for a legit starting PG that is a good move for the team. Bibby can take up the scoring off the bench if no other players come back in the Craw deal.

• Premium Member

I understand all the love Craw has got form us all, but it's not like our second unit is the real deal with or without Crawford. :kickcan:

Yeah, sure he's had some nice impossible shots during his career and in the ATL, he is the deserving 6th MOTY, because Woody ball and iso plays are so good for him, but I wonder if Crawford really fits or "new" style of play.

I believe the second unit is not supposed to play like it has been playing. There are no plays whatsoever, all we see is Crawford dominating the ball. Our second unit can't score at all except for Craw who has got all the shots and is unwilling to share the ball. He's desperate for an extension so he has to have the ball in his hands at all times. All Crawford does now is dominate the ball and shoot some threes, eventually try to go to the hole and draw some fouls (which is really good when he does get the whistle, I'm sick and tired if seeing his dumb turnovers). When his shot is off, we concede 10-20 point swings in what, 5 minutes?

Murphy, if healthy, would give us post presence, some trips to the FT line, solid rebounding and would eventually go for the 3 which he shoots very well. His contract is almost up, just like Crawford's. He was a double-double machine until last season. It's not like the points Craw does would just vanish. His health is a real concern, but because he doesn't need to have the ball in his hands, Teague and Jordan would have a better developmental environment. And they need it a lot if we are going to keep them long term.