• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks vs Sixers

exodus

Could this be an early Christmas present? 12 seconds left and up 3. they were down 13 with 9 minutes left.

Edit: LOL man i was sure they would lose.

:thumbsupsmileyanim:

I had already given up, tuned back in with about 5 minutes left, and LD sure as hell didn't give up. Called the plays, made the right adjustments, sat Josh, and played Zaza. I'm giving coach the credit for the win tonight.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

For a team that gets criticized for quitting the Hawks sure didn't fold in this one. Even when they were down big they were playing with 100% effort and somehow managed to mount a pretty epic comeback. I know people will laugh at calling a win against the Sixers at home a "character" win but that's what it was. With Josh and Horford shooting a combined 9 - 29 and no Joe Johnson it is a miracle that the Hawks were even in this game much less managed to win it. This was just a case of our guys wanting it more than the other guys and willing themselves to victory.

Philadelphia choked.

really this is a sad win, the 76ers manhandle us for 3 and a half quarters. this 76er team had 1 road win coming into 2night. came out of the gates flat again :brick wall:.. how can we do this against good team and think we can win. we got tough games coming up lets see how we do.. and why the heck is Teague playing and JC2 on the bench? :angry22:

This was a hell of a comeback tonight, 3 times (at least) coming back from big deficits to get close and then having it fall apart but they hung in there and pulled it out. I was scared when I knew that Jamal was going to the line to salt it away and wasn't surprised when he missed, loved it when we got the rebound, and then was screaming when they passed the offensive rebound to Jamal just after he bricked 2 FTs. He came through in the end though, thank God!!

Hell of a game from Marvin tonight, Zaza with some big passes and rebounds, Horford all over the court in the 2nd half and Jamal made some huge baskets as well.

And for the love of God will someone PLEASE tell Josh to stop trying to play PG! There were at least 5 times that he ignored the PG and brought the ball up the floor himself and several of those times ended in a TO and it seemed like Bibby was getting pretty frustrated with him and I don't blame him. Like Nique says Josh has to give the ball up and then fill the lane because he can't be stopped there.

I thought for sure they would lose. But here's some key points:

Sixers scored 54 in 1st half. 34 in 2nd half.

We limited the Sixers to 14 points in the 4th quarter...outscoring them by 10 in that frame.

Ugly, ugly win. If they didn't play like girls in the first half, rebounded better, and Josh and Al shot decently, we wouldn't have been losing like that.

But I will tip my cap to them. They were down all game til the final minutes, battled back, and--aside from Jamal choking at the line--picked him up and won it.

• Premium Member

I'll just add that at this point I would rather see virtually anybody on the team but Crawford at the free throw line with the game on the line. The guy has been chokerific all season from the stripe. If it weren't for that fluke rebound after his two bricks we might have lost this game.

• Like 2

really this is a sad win, the 76ers manhandle us for 3 and a half quarters. this 76er team had 1 road win coming into 2night. came out of the gates flat again :brick wall:.. how can we do this against good team and think we can win. we got tough games coming up lets see how we do.. and why the heck is Teague playing and JC2 on the bench? :angry22:

Way to go LD to sticking to his guns and benching Smoove. I hated seeing it, and Smoove pouted until we had a chance to win. but whatever. 5 in a row with our all star benched, and the other in "time-out", I'm ok with it. Horf stepped up, dude is our leader

Very bad energy again. Josh was back to complaining after every call and walking up the court. Glad LD took him out and left in ZaZa who always comes to play regardless of his skill level. It wasn't a pretty win, and sad that it was the Hawks making a comeback at home against a 1 and 9 team. I guess I will take the win, but really it's just fools gold unless Hawks come with more effort from now on, which is unlikely to happen all of a sudden.

Edited by RT3

I had already given up, tuned back in with about 5 minutes left, and LD sure as hell didn't give up. Called the plays, made the right adjustments, sat Josh, and played Zaza. I'm giving coach the credit for the win tonight.

That is going to make a huge difference this season. Even if the Hawks lost this game, Drew did the right thing in yanking Josh for shooting long jumpers early in the clock and basically being a blackhole today. Hopefully that benching will be a wake-up to Josh. If not, at least it shows Drew is showing he isn't playing favorites.

The hawks just earned themselves another fan (sucker) for life tonight. My 6 year old son watched the 2nd half patiently and updated me every now and then.

"Our team is getting closer."

When the wife finally made him go to bed with the Hawks down 7 I turned on the DVR. When she went to bed I got him up and let him finish watching the game.

He's hooked - dear God help the poor child

Now thats what I like to hear!

Marvin has a tattoo on his left arm of the martian ("Marvin The Martian") that tries to get bugs bunny in looney tunes

If he only had a little of smoove's bad attitude in him.... we'd have lost the game because he would have been on the bench with his bad attitude, just like Josh was.

Finished that sentence for you.

Merry Christmas to thee

Don't lose the next three

Lee Bron Bron is waiting

so get yourselves a nights sleep

:bighat:

More like don't lose the next 5! I'm going in believing that we can win but we could very easily lose the next 5 games, especially if we get hit hard by Miami and Orlando. The Heat, Magic and Spurs are all very good teams and the Pacers have been giving everyone fits lately and we've all seen how tough the Nets are for us to beat so I'm just praying that we can find a way to win 2, maybe 3 of those games and be competitive in them all and then I'll be happy.

Finished that sentence for you.

Not to turn this into another Marvin discussion (please God no) but Marvin lacks a little mean streak and assertive nastiness that Smoove has a little too much of. That's what I meant by bad attitude.

That fall away jumper Marvin made was a JJ type shot - one that he seldom has the stones to take.

...That fall away jumper Marvin made was a JJ type shot - one that he seldom has the stones to take.

JP made one of those tonight too....I was impressed...like what? No! YES! JP has some skills. I'm gonna research his past a bit.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Early life. While playing at NC State, Powell averaged 12.4 ppg and 5.2 rpg in his sophomore year (2002–2003). He was not selected in the 2003 NBA Draft and played in Europe. However, he worked out for numerous teams and was eventually signed by the Dallas Mavericks, who were looking for a power forward to develop behind star Dirk Nowitzki. He played two games in 2003–04 with Lokomotiv-Rostov in the Russian Superleague before finishing the season with Euroride Scafati of the Italian Lega 2. In 2004–05, Powell averaged 16.6 PPG and 11.9 RPG with Pepsi Caserta of the Italian League.

[edit] NBA career

[edit] Dallas Mavericks

At the beginning of the 2005–2006 season, Powell was in the D-League and put up solid numbers until he was called up to the NBA, where he played only in "garbage time", when the game had already been practically decided. But, after injuries to starting small forward Josh Howard and backup power forward Keith Van Horn, he began to get more time when Nowitzki was in need of rest.

[edit] Indiana Pacers

He was traded on July 23, 2006, along with Darrell Armstrong and Rawle Marshall to the Indiana Pacers in exchange for Anthony Johnson He had a guaranteed contract for the 2006–2007 season with the Pacers.

[edit] Golden State Warriors

On January 17, 2007, Powell was dealt to the Golden State Warriors along with teammates Stephen Jackson, Sarunas Jasikevicius, and Al Harrington for Troy Murphy, Mike Dunleavy, Ike Diogu, and Keith McLeod.[1]

[edit] Los Angeles Clippers

On August 14, he joined his fourth team in three years, signing with the Los Angeles Clippers.[2] He was later waived after having a surplus of big men on the team.[3]

[edit] Los Angeles Lakers

On August 14, 2008, Josh Powell signed a contract with the Los Angeles Lakers to replace the departed Ronny Turiaf.[4]

After starting center Andrew Bynum went down with an injury, Powell began to play a substantial amount of minutes and had his best pro-season yet. However, with Bynum's return, Powell saw almost all of his minutes cut. On June 14, 2009, Josh Powell won his first NBA championship in a 99–86 victory over the Orlando Magic. On June 17, 2010, Powell won his second straight championship in a 83–79 Game 7 victory over the Boston Celtics.

[edit] Atlanta Hawks

On July 26, 2010, after winning two championship rings with the Lakers, Powell signed a 1-year deal worth $1.1 million with the Atlanta Hawks.

Edited by DJlaysitup

• Moderators

The hawks just earned themselves another fan (sucker) for life tonight. My 6 year old son watched the 2nd half patiently and updated me every now and then.

"Our team is getting closer."

When the wife finally made him go to bed with the Hawks down 7 I turned on the DVR. When she went to bed I got him up and let him finish watching the game.

He's hooked - dear God help the poor child

Father of the Year!

~lw3