• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Resurfacing talent: Mike Bibby

Joker

I don't know what has happen to Bibby but since the middle of November, he has been a different player. He is shooting 53% from three point range and probably higher than that after tonight from 3pt range. His playmaking ability has been great for us but most importantly, he's not a total liability defensively. He is not great defensively but he at the most is marginal which is a MAJOR improvement. He is looking like a top 15 PG in the NBA. At the beginning of the season I was convinced there is 25-30 PG's better than him. I hope he keeps up the great play. It seems like he can. He's healthy, aggressive, and to be honest, holds the team together along with Horford.

Kudos to Bibby. :line dance:

Edited by nbasuperstar40

He is definitely playing about as well as he could possibly play. His EFG% on jumpers is 63% which is nuts. Plus he has been very clutch especially here lately.

The Hawks newfound ball movement definitely has been agreeing with him.

:worshippy:

Edited by exodus
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

This season has been bizarre so far. Mike Bibby is playing like he did three seasons ago. Josh Smith is shooting like Ray Allen, we have looked pitiful for long stretches yet hold the third best record in the East despite playing with (and without) a gimpy Joe Johnson. Jason Collins looks like an NBA player. People are dying to tear this team apart... and well, I say let's give this bunch and 'ol Larry Drew an entire season and see what they can do.

• Like 2

This type of offense is perfect for a guy like him and he is taking complete advantage of every oppertunity, we all were talking about how much of a liability he was coming into the year but he has become a great piece so far...keep it up Bibs :thumbsupsmileyanim:

He is only averaging 1 more point than he did last year, but he has been more efficient doing it.

I think he could trade some of that efficiency for higher output if we really needed his scoring. Right now we're doing okay with Bibby at 10 ppg. But he could deliver more points if it becomes necessary.

Seeing how deadly he is from downtown it's hard to believe that this is a guy who shot 20% from 3 in his rookie season! I also agree that if we needed more output from him that we could probably get it but I believe we're better off with him being ancillary in our offense and just taking the open looks that he gets from having the ball rotate back to him. And I haven't checked the stats but I'd bet that we have a much higher winning percentage when our scoring is dominated by our frontcourt.

Mike gets his fair share if bashing for what he can't do, and rightfully so. There may no be a guard in the entire NBA who he could consistently stay in front of. With that said, this is a cool post to praise the guy who is probably most responsible for our being near the top of the league in ball/ clock/ possession/ pace control and keeping turnovers to a minimum since he's been here. His style of bringing the rock up and setting the table has not been lost of our two 2 guards. Joe has always been a pretty good fill-in handler, but Jamal has made strides in that area and I'm sure Mike's style of proper spacing and vision has rubbed off a little. As much grief as he gets here after stat lines that look like he got hurt in he first quarter, I marvel at how much he has contributed to winning in his tenure here in limited minutes and legs of a 45 year old.

• Like 1