• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Pistons/Hawks

Wretch

• Premium Member

Midway through the 3rd. Looking meh...

BUT...I have to say it. I have no idea what the statistical impact of "running the floor" is...but DAMN...

AL HORFORD CAN RUN THE SH!T OUT OF THE DAMN FLOOR! lol

Good God...that's a big man that can get his *ss down that damn floor. thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Game Notes:

This is a game you can honestly say, Joe Johnson would've made the difference. Worst performance from our back court this season.

From what I saw, T-Mac still has it, I can't begin to comprehend why we didn't offer him a contract.

And Coach Drew deserves as much blame as anyone for the loss, a couple players didn't deserve to see playing time on the court, but he's too much of a punk to take the chance and give anybody else some PT.

Edit: I know it's unethical to say so, but to know Detroit won't make the playoffs does me good and allows me to sleep at night after such a beat down.

Edited by SmooveZilla

• Premium Member

Game Notes:

This is a game you can honestly say, Joe Johnson would've made the difference. Worst performance from our back court this season.

From what I saw, T-Mac still has it, I can't begin to comprehend why we didn't offer him a contract.

And Coach Drew deserves as much blame as anyone for the loss, a couple players didn't deserve to see playing time on the court, but he's too much of a punk to take the chance and give anybody else some PT.

Agreed. I was sitting here saying to myself...these guys look like they have no direction out there. Like everybody was "mailing it in." JJ would have made a difference when we cut it to under 6.

Crawford was locked down, bad game or not, they put really good defense on him.

Josh Smith perimeter defense is awful as usual, he made T-Mac like like circa 2003.

Rip had a great 1st.

Bibby was really good for three quarters, after that, ugh.

Marvin was more aggressive but needed to make more shots.

Bibby-Craw-Smith-Horford-Powell lineup was fail tonight. Not enough offense, size, and movement on the court in the 4th. Our best line was Bibby-Wilkins-Marvin-Smith-Horford.

Detroit just was hot tonight, it's basketball, it happens. They played great defense for most of the game. Especially Stuckey, Prince, and T-Mac.

Detroit not the most confident team, I felt we had a lot of chances to win but just couldn't score. Their length and size bothered us. No second chance opportunities killed us, one of the main reasons why Smoove has to be in the post plus his awful perimeter defense. On and off ball from the perimeter is pretty bad for Smoove.

Horford was too indecisive. Clearly the most indecisive tonight, had more chances than anyone and didn't come through.

Overall, C-. The score and 4th QT was a F but the rest had some positives and a bunch of negatives. I really didn't see Drew use the bench like we needed but no one can produce off the bench if JC1 isn't on. JC2 just isn't ready yet.

Drew has to change Wilkins' mindset about deferring at every opportunity

Wilkins is not a good enough offensive player to play a lot of mins. He can play 8-12 mins but more than that requires him to use more of his energy and he's not very skilled. I remember back a couple years ago, it seems as if he scored on athletic ability but now he doesn't have it anymore. He's like a poor man's Gerald Wilkins. I can see why we wasn't signed by no one before but he still holds value for us defensively and in spot scenarios. He should at the least split time with Mo Evans till he's full strength again.

Wilkins is not a good enough offensive player to play a lot of mins. He can play 8-12 mins but more than that requires him to use more of his energy and he's not very skilled. I remember back a couple years ago, it seems as if he scored on athletic ability but now he doesn't have it anymore. He's like a poor man's Gerald Wilkins. I can see why we wasn't signed by no one before but he still holds value for us defensively and in spot scenarios. He should at the least split time with Mo Evans till he's full strength again.

Besides some open lanes right next to the basket it just bugged me when he had the open 3 at the buzzer and chickened out on the shot - shot clock expires as Josh receives the ball. Marvin has done this before as well.

Agreed. And im tired of seeing jc2 inactive everygame. its worse than the treatment acie and teague were getting from woody. the kid can flat out shoot and is a scorer.

Disappointing loss, but you can't win em all. I thought Rip was dead, so I'm not too mad at lowly Detroit getting a win behind the best 1st half performance I've seen out of him since the Pistons were running the East. When he's on with his midrange game, you can kick your feet up with some popcorn. I expect Al and Jamal to atone for this one.

What we need is The Power of Joe's Earrings.

Hawks had the wrong JC on the bench in street clothes. JC1 had a terrible shooting night.

JC2 was in street clothes.

Sure he was covered close. But, he couldn't make a shot go down, no matter what.

On to bigger and better things.

GO HAWKS!!!!

Edited by Gray Mule

• Premium Member

Horrible coaching job by Drew! Why does he continue to put Mo Evans on the floor?

Last 5 games Mo is 3-15. Ouch!

Edited by NineOhTheRino

Only Al and Josh showed up for this one. Jamal doesn't have many nights like this thankfully, so lets just chalk this one up as "one of those games".

I wish Drew would give Powell more minutes and also play Teague and JC2 more. Mo Evans is worthless and I'm tired of Marvin's disappearing act.

• Premium Member

Only Al and Josh showed up for this one. Jamal doesn't have many nights like this thankfully, so lets just chalk this one up as "one of those games".

I wish Drew would give Powell more minutes and also play Teague and JC2 more. Mo Evans is worthless and I'm tired of Marvin's disappearing act.

the "Marvin and Mo Show" needs to be canceled asap.

but Powell can be extremely frustrating at times. He'll hit everything in the 10-15 range then miss easy shots at the rim.

Edited by NineOhTheRino

I can't understand this Bibby on Hamilton thing (and Teague on Hamilton for the short time he was in). LD was maybe scared of Stuckey destroying Bibbs but after couple of easy baskets for Rip he should have find out where the biggest danger lies.

Wilkins was actually really the only bright spot off the bench. But he's not offensive threat and points from the second unit were decisive in this game.