• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Anybody Notice......................

Vol4ever

• Premium Member

the Hawks live and die by the jumpshot. I have noticed the last several games even our bigs like Horford are constantly shooting jumpshots. We do not have a low post player on the team and that is the reason we have trouble wining the first round and get killed in the second round of the playoffs. I noticed the nights our shots arent falling we get murdered.

I think we need to get a player who can play in the low post. Josh has the ability but does not seem to want to. Good teams pass the ball and have a inside game, I noticed last night where Shaq went 13/9.

It is gonna be a long season.

• Premium Member

YES.

And let me go on the record again... We need points in the paint. Not just runners/floaters/etc. We need guys backing people down, hook shots, bank shots from 5 or so feet. We need true low post scoring. Jump shooting teams don't win big. They win, but not big. You have to play D, you have to play tough, you need the outside shot, but you need those high percentage shots deep in the post. We're not winning anything from the outside. Shots will stop falling, long rebounds, easy buckets on the other end.

Especially if we're not going with Smoove at the 3. We need him going glass and using his athleticism in the post. If he developed a strong game off the glass and got a little hook going, he could take his game to another level. Smoove seems to fancy the crossover/behind the back thing though (which is an automatic turnover).

• Premium Member

YES.

And let me go on the record again... We need points in the paint. Not just runners/floaters/etc. We need guys backing people down, hook shots, bank shots from 5 or so feet. We need true low post scoring. Jump shooting teams don't win big. They win, but not big. You have to play D, you have to play tough, you need the outside shot, but you need those high percentage shots deep in the post. We're not winning anything from the outside. Shots will stop falling, long rebounds, easy buckets on the other end.

Especially if we're not going with Smoove at the 3. We need him going glass and using his athleticism in the post. If he developed a strong game off the glass and got a little hook going, he could take his game to another level. Smoove seems to fancy the crossover/behind the back thing though (which is an automatic turnover).

I have to agree here. Our scoring can't be by the jumpshot. Teams will just clog the middle and force us to shoot. Does this mean a personnel change? Not really, it means that we need scoring going at the rim. Only Zaza does that for us now.

we just need to post up our players. joe, josh, and horford can all score in the post. like i've said before josh's inside shots are not falling, but there's no way that can continue for too long. 5 footers eventually start to go in. horford has a nice post game. his right hook is a go to move, and he makes it at good percentage. we all know joe can get in the paint and do damage, i just think it wears him down so he avoids it sometimes. we just don't call a lot of post plays. i think we're doing a better job of it than in the past (with woody), but it could stand to increase. josh needs to slow down in the post, and use a pump fake once in while.

the Hawks live and die by the jumpshot. I have noticed the last several games even our bigs like Horford are constantly shooting jumpshots. We do not have a low post player on the team and that is the reason we have trouble wining the first round and get killed in the second round of the playoffs. I noticed the nights our shots arent falling we get murdered.

I think we need to get a player who can play in the low post. Josh has the ability but does not seem to want to. Good teams pass the ball and have a inside game, I noticed last night where Shaq went 13/9.

It is gonna be a long season.

Its been that way for years..........not just for several games.

That being said.......Horford get shis share in the post. Its easier for him at PF to score in the post. I have no problem with Horford taking jumpers for 2 reasons:

1. He is the best mid range shooter on the team this year I believe.

2. It brings the defense's bigs out of the paint to makes offensive rebounding and drivng the lane easier.

Edited by coachx

we just need to post up our players. joe, josh, and horford can all score in the post....

Against some teams - yes - time.

Thing is we go 6-9 1/2 (AL)...6-8 (Smoove) and 6-9 (Marvin) who plays like he is 6-6 1/2.

You simply can't go 6-9 1/2..6-8..6-6 1/2...along the front line and expect to to well against teams with larger talented players. :kickcan:

Granted our players are skilled and tough - but 6-9 1/2..6-8..6-6 1/2 is basically a college level lineup...

Edited by DJlaysitup