• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Kaman is now available for trade

Sothron

• Premium Member

I think Kaman would indeed be a good fit on this team alongside Al and Smoove. Al Horford is clearly a power forward and is clearly more comfortable there. As good as he's been this year, I think Al will reach even another level when/if the Hawks finally have the sense to move him there. I remember Steve Smith saying two years ago that if Al were ever moved to his natural spot, he would put up Dwight Howard type numbers. I for one believe him.

None of the Hawks management or most of the fans are tough enough to even attempt to pull off a trade for Kaman .

lets give them Jamal when they have Gordon ? why would they even be talking to us ? lol I wouldnt talk to me if I proposed that trade to myself .

A trade for Kaman means a decision on Al or Josh and no one is ready to make that choice .

Edited by Crank

• Premium Member

Actually, Marvin would be much more useful to them, as they've never been that enthusiastic about Aminu in the first place.

But, the other important caveat is that there is always the potential of a 3 team deal out there, particularly with all of the chatter evidently going on right now... sure to pick up in a week or two when Carmelo chatter starts back up.

The only knock I see on Baron is his contract. He is still capable of playing good basketball. He would be a huge upgrade over Bibby who is more or a less a spot up shooter at this point. Baron could get out and run in transition with this team and defend the position.

Edited by 99PROBL3MS

Baron- Hell no

Kaman- Jamal and his exp. contract.

No need to include Marvin in this deal.

• Premium Member

How is it that everyone missed the part about Kaman being available only as part of a package with BDavis? There is no indication that the Clippers are interested in trading Kaman by himself. They simply are willing to use him as a sweetener in order to unload Davis's contract.

Lesson: Read the initial post in the thread before posting your own reply.

• Like 1

How is it that everyone missed the part about Kaman being available only as part of a package with BDavis? There is no indication that the Clippers are interested in trading Kaman by himself. They simply are willing to use him as a sweetener in order to unload Davis's contract.

Lesson: Read the initial post in the thread before posting your own reply.

I didn't miss that part. It's just not happening. No way can we take Baron. Not even a % of percentage of Baron is good for us. Kaman is okay but only for Jamal's contract. They can want Baron/Kaman package but if CP3/Okafor can't move for many teams why the hell would Baron/Kaman move. Be logical, no one gives a bad contract for a good contract unless the bad contract is good but since the it's a bad contract, that's almost impossible.

• Moderators

I didn't miss that part. It's just not happening. No way can we take Baron. Not even a % of percentage of Baron is good for us. Kaman is okay but only for Jamal's contract. They can want Baron/Kaman package but if CP3/Okafor can't move for many teams why the hell would Baron/Kaman move. Be logical, no one gives a bad contract for a good contract unless the bad contract is good but since the it's a bad contract, that's almost impossible.

Unfortunately, I don't think we could financially take on Baron under any circumstances and I am very skeptical our ownership would be willing to take on Kaman's salary. If Kaman is healthy, he is a solid addition to our team. He has been a waste of space this season, though, so the health is not a guarantee.

Despite the header for this post, it would not surprise me to see the Clippers move just Kaman for salary relief and something else. I don't think anybody is that excited about Kaman to take Davis unless they are sold on Davis turning his career around (again).

Unfortunately, I don't think we could financially take on Baron under any circumstances and I am very skeptical our ownership would be willing to take on Kaman's salary. If Kaman is healthy, he is a solid addition to our team. He has been a waste of space this season, though, so the health is not a guarantee.

Despite the header for this post, it would not surprise me to see the Clippers move just Kaman for salary relief and something else. I don't think anybody is that excited about Kaman to take Davis unless they are sold on Davis turning his career around (again).

Yep, the need in the NBA for a center for some teams is huge but nothing big enough to trade anything more valuable than an expiring.