• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Kaman is now available for trade

Sothron

• Premium Member

From rotoworld:

The Clippers have included Chris Kaman in trade proposals involving Baron Davis, according to Yahoo's Adreian Wojnarowski.

Interesting. Kaman is the kind of low-post scorer that many teams covet, so the Clippers know they'll get more nibbles on Davis if Kaman is involved. A change of scenery could also be good for Kaman's fantasy owners as Blake Griffin is dominating the glass and the ball. Kaman isn't expected back from his ankle injury for another couple of weeks.

Thoughts? If we could get Kaman it would be a huge upgrade for the playoffs.

• Premium Member

From rotoworld:

The Clippers have included Chris Kaman in trade proposals involving Baron Davis, according to Yahoo's Adreian Wojnarowski.

Interesting. Kaman is the kind of low-post scorer that many teams covet, so the Clippers know they'll get more nibbles on Davis if Kaman is involved. A change of scenery could also be good for Kaman's fantasy owners as Blake Griffin is dominating the glass and the ball. Kaman isn't expected back from his ankle injury for another couple of weeks.

Thoughts? If we could get Kaman it would be a huge upgrade for the playoffs.

Well,

Marvin, Jamal, and Mike for Bdiddy and Kaman works... but is that what you really want to do?

it leaves:

Bdiddy, Joe, Josh, Horf, and Kaman as your starters

and Teague, Powell, Collins off the bench.

But....

I'm having second thoughts now that we are here. Diddy is signed for a long ride and he's often injured. Healthy, we'd have a fabolous lineup.

B-Diddy's ability to penetrate and play solid defense at the PG position would be a huge plus. Who knows though, he could get to a winning team and really step things back up. Kaman would dominate the great majority of Eastern Conference bigs allowing Horford to dominate the great majority of Eastern Conference PFs (as opposed to playing out of position). If LAC could find a way to give us a quality bench scorer at the wing position, I wouldn't be agaisnt it. Maybe a Gomes or Butler. Maybe they could even through in the twin Jarron Collins (I kid ha). I don't know if the overall lineup would be much better but who knows. That lineup would have 4 all-star players. Assuming Smoove makes it one year soon, that would be 5 all-star players.

PG Baron Davis

SG Joe johnson

SF Josh Smith

PF Al Horford

C Chris Kaman

6th Jeff Teague

Butler/Gomes

Zaza

Powell

JC2

Collins

Evans

• Premium Member

Is this actually "news?"

Sterling has been heckling both of these--his own, s'helpme--players from the beginning of the season. (A whole new level of "nuts" beyond what I'd ever assigned Sterling.)

For the record, I was proposing Davis+Kaman trades last summer, but clearly Davis is on a serious downhill plunge in terms of production, and his well-documented weight issues make him that much more undesirable.

• Premium Member

I'm not a Kaman fan at ALL. But I think this would be the best type of deal that they would agree to, assuming the Clippers are looking to unload Davis's salary without taking back any overweight contracts:

LAC gets:

Jamal Crawford

Mo Evans

Jeff Teague

Etan Thomas

Zaza Pachulia

ATL gets:

Baron Davis

Chris Kaman

Everyone but Zaza has an expiring contract at the end of the year since the Hawks have not yet exercised their option on Teague. I know most people would rather get rid of Bibby than Teague or Zaza, but the Clippers probably won't agree to take on the last year of Bibby's contract. Pachulia, on the other hand, is a younger rotation big man with a reasonable contract. I don't think we get a deal done with anything less than that.

I'm not a Kaman fan at ALL. But I think this would be the best type of deal that they would agree to, assuming the Clippers are looking to unload Davis's salary without taking back any overweight contracts:

LAC gets:

Jamal Crawford

Mo Evans

Jeff Teague

Etan Thomas

Zaza Pachulia

ATL gets:

Baron Davis

Chris Kaman

Everyone but Zaza has an expiring contract at the end of the year since the Hawks have not yet exercised their option on Teague. I know most people would rather get rid of Bibby than Teague or Zaza, but the Clippers probably won't agree to take on the last year of Bibby's contract. Pachulia, on the other hand, is a younger rotation big man with a reasonable contract. I don't think we get a deal done with anything less than that.

that's a lot of bench minutes that will have to be made up, guess we could shorten the rotation. there has to be a better way to do this though.

• Premium Member

You guys are over-thinking this thing. we do not need Baron (and his contract). Focus on what they can offer, Marvin for Kamen.

Keep Jamal send Marvin for Kamen.

Re-read the post that started the thread:

Edited by niremetal

You guys are over-thinking this thing. we do not need Baron (and his contract). Focus on what they can offer, Marvin for Kamen.

Keep Jamal send Marvin for Kamen.

why would they want marvin

don't think marvin for kamen works . but they probably would want marvin. was thinking blake played 3 for some reason. *east coast bias*

Edited by foeteen14

don't think marvin for kamen works . but they probably would want marvin. was thinking blake played 3 for some reason. *east coast bias*

Truthfully, Kamen is not a difference maker and he is fragile. Where has he dominated? He rebounds as well as any center does(including Zaza and Twin) but he really is not special and he is, fragile.

• Premium Member

Truthfully, Kamen is not a difference maker and he is fragile. Where has he dominated? He rebounds as well as any center does(including Zaza and Twin) but he really is not special and he is, fragile.

The only negative to Kaman is his health. He scores in the low post, rebounds well and blocks shots. I've been wanting to see him as a Hawk for years.

• Like 2

baron davis =mike Bibby .

To come out of the east or to compete in the east you are going to have to become better defensively.

If we must move Marvin we should move him for a good defensive 2 guard and put JJ at the 3. Moving Josh to the 3 makes us worse defensively. You guys have to get out of the thinking that we need a 7 footer just to have one. kaman is garbage. We don't need to take a step back defensively because Al wants to play the 4. He is getting paid so he needs to shut up and do his job.

Kaman doesn't have to be special to give this team what it needs. With him at the C position, we would have an advantage at that spot nearly every night. I also disagree with bdiddy= bibby. Baron isn't the outside shooter Bibby is BUT he can create his own shot. He can create easy shots for his teammates. Most importantly, he can defend the PG. Baron is on the downside but who hasn't signed with the Clippers and not gone down. This team needs a legit C and a PG who can create, distribute, and defend the position.

• Like 1

The only negative to Kaman is his health. He scores in the low post, rebounds well and blocks shots. I've been wanting to see him as a Hawk for years.

Even if "health" is the only negative, it would cancel everything else of his game. The Guy cannot stay on the court!!!

Getting kaman for Jamal's contract is pretty close (but not quite) a best case scenario.

Boy that would suck for Jamal but then again he's got 10 milion reasons to suck it up and deal with it.

Marvin won't provide the instant offense Jamal does but he's still be pretty damn valuable off the bench.

Marvin won't provide the instant offense Jamal does but he's still be pretty damn valuable off the bench.

• Premium Member

I want Kaman, even if we have to nurse his minutes along to make sure he's on the floor for the playoffs--I genuinely think he would thrive in this offense and make Horford just that much more valuable as a result.

Baron's been on the statistical downhill slide for 2-3 seasons, but on the other hand, it's true that he's had very little to play for... signed up with LAC under the pretense that Brand was coming, and then had the proverbial rug pulled out from under him. He's older, but not old. It's quite possible he, too, could thrive here. But if we make that move, there's likely no turning back... we're stuck with him or excited to have him for 3 years.