• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Will Joe.....

benhillboy

By 10:30 pm on April 13th (barring a nationally televised overtime game with the Bobcats, ughh), will Joe have...

*Made Eastern Conference Player of The Week at least once,

*Averaged 20 PPG,

*Shot above .44,

*Made 5th consecutive All-Star Appearance,

*Posted 44 stat points in a close win over a Top 8 team,

*Had a PER over 20, and

*Shot 33% form 3?

I'm sure most of you know how I'd bet, so I'll spare you the rant. But to say that I'll be insufferable to Fans of Joe on this board will be a huge understatement if he in fact accomplishes NONE of this. I'll give him 2 at the most. Other than his assisting and low turnover rate, his 2010-11 resume up to this point has been atrocious, injured or not.

Thoughts? Venom? Both are welcome.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

By 10:30 pm on April 13th (barring a nationally televised overtime game with the Bobcats, ughh), will Joe have...

*Averaged 20 PPG,

*Shot above .44,

*Had a PER over 20, and

*Shot 33% form 3?

I'm sure most of you know how I'd bet, so I'll spare you the rant. But to say that I'll be insufferable to Fans of Joe on this board will be a huge understatement if he in fact accomplishes NONE of this. I'll give him 2 at the most. Other than his assisting and low turnover rate, his 2010-11 resume up to this point has been atrocious, injured or not.

Ask those same questions about yourself and let us know what you come up with. Geez the Hawksquawk haters are unbelievable!!! This site is full of trolls and haters, it's comical how many people like you have congregated to this one site. well, I guess that's a good thing saves the rest of the websites from your nonsense.

• Like 1

*Averaged 20 PPG,

*Shot above .44,

*Had a PER over 20, and

*Shot 33% form 3?

I'm sure he will have all of those averages if you start from the time he returned from elbow surgery. It will take a lot though to counter balance the bad shooting / scoring start he had while playing with the hurt elbow.

Good job Gaballa!!! Now, who are you?

It doesn't matter who any of us are. What does matter is that he has a good understanding of what the squawk is all about.

Edited by coachx
  • Like 1

• Moderators

None of those things matter. The only thing that matters is that Joe leads this team to a good showing in the playoffs. What we don't want is an Iverson padding his numbers while the team is a joke. I'm just as happy if Joe leads the team in assists.

The thing you have to admit is that Joe is the only complete nba talent on this team. Without Joe we scratch to even make the playoffs. Sure we looked ok without him for a few games but try that for a whole season and see what happens.

All this talk about mvps, all-stars, etc. it takes to win a championship??? The one thing you can't win a championship without is a SCORER. With all the talk about the Pistons not having a superstar people forget they had THREE scorers. Billups, Sheed, Rip. Guys you can give the ball to and say get us a bucket. We have two scorers, they play the same position, and one gives up as many points as he makes per game.

Whoa there Macdaddy. I'm sure you realize that Joe signed for more money than anyone in this historic free agency summer. Almost all of his numbers can possibly drop by seasons end, and possibly be a heavy contributor to losing more games/ having a lower playoff seed, and it doesn't matter? I hope most of the board doesn't feel this way. And how anyone could expect him to step up after he stepped down so far in last years playoffs is beyond me. I hate to bash the guy so much, but the fact that he takes so little criticism in this city, and this board, which I think has enough knowledgable and passionate fans, makes me buy into the basic nationwide thought that Atlanta doesn't care about it's sports. What other Top Ten market would say "it doesn't matter" if a guy's production dropped considerably after signing a mega-deal, after voicing his carelessness for the fans nonetheless.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

Whoa there Macdaddy. I'm sure you realize that Joe signed for more money than anyone in this historic free agency summer. Almost all of his numbers can possibly drop by seasons end, and possibly be a heavy contributor to losing more games/ having a lower playoff seed, and it doesn't matter?

If his numbers are only down b/c he played the first 15-20 gams hurt and then missed 15 days........ then no.......it doesn't matter to anyone who is not a JJ hater..

• Like 1

who cares about his contrct at this point. we just need him to play to his max in this offense

when should get

20 pts

7-10 assist

and 5 rbs

and really good shooting %

if Joe plays to his skills we should get this production in this offense

• Moderators

Whoa there Macdaddy. I'm sure you realize that Joe signed for more money than anyone in this historic free agency summer. Almost all of his numbers can possibly drop by seasons end, and possibly be a heavy contributor to losing more games/ having a lower playoff seed, and it doesn't matter? I hope most of the board doesn't feel this way. And how anyone could expect him to step up after he stepped down so far in last years playoffs is beyond me. I hate to bash the guy so much, but the fact that he takes so little criticism in this city, and this board, which I think has enough knowledgable and passionate fans, makes me buy into the basic nationwide thought that Atlanta doesn't care about it's sports. What other Top Ten market would say "it doesn't matter" if a guy's production dropped considerably after signing a mega-deal, after voicing his carelessness for the fans nonetheless.

I've got plenty of criticism for Joe. I thought his quote in the playoffs was really stupid. I think his truck is ridiculous and looks like my 6 year old designed it. But I also think he's a good guy who doesn't have many weaknesses on the court. You want to talk about him not living up to his contract then the time to do that is after the season not 10 weeks in and the guy has had elbow surgery. Is he the best player on this team? Without a doubt. Is he better than any of our other options when we signed him? Without a doubt. Do we have too much talent on this team? Hell no.

*Averaged 20 PPG,

*Shot above .44,

*Had a PER over 20, and

*Shot 33% form 3?

Don't see him making the All Star team - he's been out an playing poorly. The fans wont vote him in (did he ever get voted in?) So its probably up to the coach to pick him. Maybe if he has a really great month of Jan he could. Since Al probably makes it, they won't need to put a Hawk into the game.

He's going to have to go on a tear to avg 20 per game. Don't see it.

Shoot above 44? No. His career avg is 44.2 - he's way below that now.

Player of the week - could happen - only takes 2 or 3 good game in a row. But wouldn't bet on it.

Get 44 points against a good team? No. His career high is less than that.(42)

Shoot better than 33 from 3. Could (career avg is 37), but he's way below that now.

PER? I don't know.

Bottom line - he's got to do a lot better to get even half of the above. I could see him striking on every one of them. All he has to do is keep doing what he's been doing all year.

And I admit, I wanted them to extend Jamal instead of signing Joe. But I'm not mad that he complained about the fans last year. I just think he disappeared when it mattered , and that they paid way too much for too long.

Edited by Randy

"Don't see him making the All Star team - he's been out an playing poorly. The fans wont vote him in (did he ever get voted in?) So its probably up to the coach to pick him. Maybe if he has a really great month of Jan he could. Since Al probably makes it, they won't need to put a Hawk into the game.

He's going to have to go on a tear to avg 20 per game. Don't see it.............................................."

OK. So he may not be selected to play in a totally meanignless exhibition game. And your point is?

If I already made $21,000,000 a year playing basketball, they couldn't pay me enough to play basketball that weekend.

Sorry, but anything to do with the "all-star game" or being selected an "all-star" is just mindless drivel to me.

CS

• 1 month later...

*Averaged 20 PPG,

*Shot above .44,

*Had a PER over 20, and

*Shot 33% form 3?

My thoughts are that JJ is well on his way to clowning you.

-He just made his 5th straight All-Star Game.

-He is averaging over 20 ppg

-He is shooting 45%

More to come....

• Like 4

*Averaged 20 PPG,

*Shot above .44,

*Had a PER over 20, and

*Shot 33% form 3?

Get off this forum, you are by far the most irritating poster of all time on Hawksquawk. Before you ask who I am, i'm an old veteran under a different name.

• 1 month later...

Under a month to go. So far, he's right at 44% shooting, amazingly, and he was by far the worst player on the floor at the All-Star game voted on by coaches who evidently haven't seen him play much. Woo-hoo! His assists have even dipped below 5, shooting 80% from the line and .302 from three as the 69th most efficient player in the league with only two guys above him standing to compete with his salary the next few years in Kobe and Melo. How much can Dwigt Howard ask for? 300 million based on what Joe makes?

Is there anyone on this board who doesn't realize this guy is a total bum yet after years of me speaking the truth? Diesel? Ex?

• Like 1

• Premium Member

How much can Dwigt Howard ask for? 300 million based on what Joe makes?

Yes, actually, if it weren't for the artificial cap imposed on individual player salaries. But for the max rule, Dwight would be asking for and getting a $200M+ contract next year, Durant would be getting that kind of contract this summer, and LeBron would have gotten $300M+ this past offseason. Same with Wade and Kobe. Absent the max rule, the league's elite would all be getting deals worth $25M+ per season, with LeBron/Kobe/Wade getting $30M+. The max rule is there because it's good both for owners and for the 95% of the league that wouldn't get a $15M+ contract in a free market.

Edited by niremetal

Under a month to go. So far, he's right at 44% shooting, amazingly, and he was by far the worst player on the floor at the All-Star game voted on by coaches who evidently haven't seen him play much. Woo-hoo! His assists have even dipped below 5, shooting 80% from the line and .302 from three as the 69th most efficient player in the league with only two guys above him standing to compete with his salary the next few years in Kobe and Melo. How much can Dwigt Howard ask for? 300 million based on what Joe makes?

Is there anyone on this board who doesn't realize this guy is a total bum yet after years of me speaking the truth? Diesel? Ex?

Total bums don't make 5 straight All-Star teams. Total bums do troll message boards though.

• Like 2