• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Kevin Love

reeballin4

Is there any way yall think we can package some players and picks to acquire Kevin Love from minnesota. They are the toilet bowl of the league and I'm sure they will make a screw up trade. I understand he is not a banger at center but you can't deny the talent, and with him alongside Horford that could be dangerous. He's a great passer and can step out to the 3pt line. Horford has the mid range game to be dangerous also. Also, Teague needs to learn the NBA game by experience. If you don't remember that's how Rondo got better. He was at one point the weakest link on their lineup. Teague has the athletic abilitiy to be vital on both sides. He must improve his jumpshot but at WF he was deadly and I'm sure that's because his confidence was high knowing he the green light on offense. Bibby is nothing but a pick and roll pop shooter right now. In reality we don't have a championship squad so we should allow our younger players to develop such as JC2 and Teague.

He's a better defender than many give him credit for. He's not Amar'esque with matador defense or David Lee'esque by ushering people to the rim and then offering to hang their coat for them but people see pudgy white guy and think that he has to be terrible. He actually does decently by denying position and keeping guys off the boards, the rebound is a defensive stat after all and he dominates in that regard. Either way I'd prefer a taller option considering that we already have Al and Smoove that can man his position and he doesn't do any better at center than they do.

...And that's why your not an NBA GM. That is complete ASININE!!!!

Love is averaging 20 and 10 in only his third year and Josh has never done that... What's so crazy about that trade? And while josh does block more shots and gets more steals (by gambling poorly a lot of times), we (as ATL fans) are kidding ourselves if we think he's actually a good defender.

• Like 1

Love is averaging 20 and 10 in only his third year and Josh has never done that... What's so crazy about that trade? And while josh does block more shots and gets more steals (by gambling poorly a lot of times), we (as ATL fans) are kidding ourselves if we think he's actually a good defender.

Thank you. Alot of these people on here don't understand the mechanics of a team. Smoove maybe the better player of the two but Love would benefit our team more. Sometimes its not always about overall talent but about skill.

Love is a smarter/tougher player than Josh will ever be. Josh should be averaging 11-12 rebounds a game but you can't do that hanging around the perimeter.

Edited by Wurider05
  • Like 3

Thank you. Alot of these people on here don't understand the mechanics of a team. Smoove maybe the better player of the two but Love would benefit our team more. Sometimes its not always about overall talent but about skill.

Love is a smarter/tougher player than Josh will ever be. Josh should be averaging 11-12 rebounds a game but you can't do that hanging around the perimeter.

Love is a smarter/tougher. Josh is so much more athletic and so much better defender.

Love is league's best rebounder and solid scorer on one of the worst teams in a league that gives up over 109 pts/game.

Josh is solid all-around player and border line all-star, able to play both forward positions, part of the core of play offs bounded Hawks.

Love doesn't answer any of Hawks problems (rebounding is not one of them) like having two top talented players playing their best at the same position (PF) and brings new ones - lack of interior D and no transition game.

• Like 1

Smoove is a horrible defender.

Rebounds don't grab themselves.

Smoove's turnovers negate his ever decreasing blocks.

Effort and work ethic is what separates the two.

Smoove wants to be a finesse player when he isn't.

He doesn't like contact.

He is soft.

Josh Smith is a Porsche with a Toyota Corrolla engine.

Everyone on this team is expendable except Al Horford. Smoove isn't and he is the only one that we can trade to really improve this team.

• Premium Member

...And that's why your not an NBA GM. That is complete ASININE!!!!

I disagree.

Thread after thread, we read instances where we say, we need inside scoring, we need better inside scoring. Smoove shoots too much from outside.

If you took the time to look, you'd see that Love provides us with the best rebounding that the league could offer and a true inside scorer. The deal would depend on what else we could get from Minny. If it was Flynn/Love for Smoove, I'm saying yessir. Smoove defense will be missed but as somebody said.. a guy pulling down 14 boards a night will help us far more than an occassional blocked shot.

Love not available and wouldn't fit next to Al.

Josh isn't the world beater on the defensive that some people believe he is, but he's on an entirely different level from Love. Love doesn't help us beat Orlando or Boston. It would be a lateral move at best. Better defense throughout the game > a few extra rebounds.

Edited by High5

Josh isn't the world beater on the defensive that some people believe he is, but he's on an entirely different level from Love. Love doesn't help us beat Orlando or Boston. It would be a lateral move at best. Better defense throughout the game > a few extra rebounds.

He's a world beater. Great use of length, mobility, and IQ. He's an elite defender. As for offense. He's decent, if he truly has the pieces around him and he plays to his strengths, he would be a solid offensive player.

• Premium Member

Just think about this:

In our losses, we have averaged 38 rpg... We average about 40.5 to our opponents 40.7. Love averages 15.5 rpg. Just think about it. AGAINST Orlando, we're 2-1 with us average 46.3 rpg. Against Boston we're 0-2 with us rebounding average 33.5 to their 41.5. Think about it.

Against Orlando, our strategy was to play Collins and it works. Part of our main problems with both teams is second shots and inside scoring. What is it that Love does again? Think about it.

I think that once you see the innerworkings of how an inside game effects shooters like Joe, Jamal, Bibby, and even Horf from the high post, we can't say that it won't help us.

Actually, love could play some Sf.

:thumbsupsmileyanim:

Diesel, stop. This one really bad. There is a reason Jefferson was traded. Teams attacked Love/Al at every chance. With Al Horford it will be worst. He is so foul prone when attacked it ridiculous. That's another thing Smith doesn't get credit for. Phenomenal timing on steals and blocks and not committing fouls in the act of defending an offensive player. You take Smith off this team alone, we lose. Not because he's the best but we have bad defenders and Smith keeps attackers out of the lane. As I said, he's too important and no one will net us anything close at Center.

If we could get a Melo or CP3 then obvious, you need to deal Smith and Marvin in a package. Also the need for Center who can score around the basket and the protect the paint is on level 10. I don't see anyone who fit this outside of Camby. Kaman to a lesser degree but he's younger so who knows.

Just think about this:

In our losses, we have averaged 38 rpg... We average about 40.5 to our opponents 40.7. Love averages 15.5 rpg. Just think about it. AGAINST Orlando, we're 2-1 with us average 46.3 rpg. Against Boston we're 0-2 with us rebounding average 33.5 to their 41.5. Think about it.

Against Orlando, our strategy was to play Collins and it works. Part of our main problems with both teams is second shots and inside scoring. What is it that Love does again? Think about it.

I think that once you see the innerworkings of how an inside game effects shooters like Joe, Jamal, Bibby, and even Horf from the high post, we can't say that it won't help us.

You're forgetting that we would be losing Josh in this equation. Josh is averaging 12 rebounds in 3 games against Orlando. Love isn't going to do better than that. He's certainly not going to block any of Howard's shots. He's not going to help us get out in transition. He's not going to work on Howard in the post. Josh and Horford have had plenty of success against Boston in the past, and that's even when they were healthy with KG and Perkins. The first game this year was an abomination that won't be repeated. We outrebounded them in the second game despite Josh having another unusually awful night.

Lateral move at best, but probably a little worse.

Edited by High5
  • Like 2

Josh Smith an elite defender? On what planet? Anyone who can shoot abuses him because he hates playing any defense outside of 8 feet. He blocks shots, but more than half of those go back to the other team because instead of blocking them to prevent baskets, he blocks them into the 8th row to make a highlight reel. He can't dribble or handle the ball, he has ZERO basketball IQ, he pouts, and he doesn't buy into the system at all. Sometimes I could fry an egg in the time it takes him to cross half court on defense. All the talent in the world and he won't play a team game. It is frustrating to say the least.

But he gets a pass by fans because he is flashy and sometimes puts up a big box score.

• Moderators

Josh Smith an elite defender? On what planet? Anyone who can shoot abuses him because he hates playing any defense outside of 8 feet. He blocks shots, but more than half of those go back to the other team because instead of blocking them to prevent baskets, he blocks them into the 8th row to make a highlight reel. He can't dribble or handle the ball, he has ZERO basketball IQ, he pouts, and he doesn't buy into the system at all. Sometimes I could fry an egg in the time it takes him to cross half court on defense. All the talent in the world and he won't play a team game. It is frustrating to say the least.

But he gets a pass by fans because he is flashy and sometimes puts up a big box score.

[quote

From Wurider05:

]Smoove is a horrible defender.

Rebounds don't grab themselves.

Smoove's turnovers negate his ever decreasing blocks.

Effort and work ethic is what separates the two.

Smoove wants to be a finesse player when he isn't.

He doesn't like contact.

He is soft.

Josh Smith is a Porsche with a Toyota Corrolla engine.

Everyone on this team is expendable except Al Horford. Smoove isn't and he is the only one that we can trade to really improve this team.

These have to be the most absolute, without a doubt, totally the most exagerrated posts I've ever seen on this board or any board anywhere. They have me convinced though. Lets face it he's good at nothing

We can easily live without his 15 points, 8 rebounds, 4 assists, and 2 blocks a game.

I can live with the argument that Love would be a better player for the Hawks to have than Smoove. Saying things like he's a horrible defender, hates playing defense, can't handle the ball, zero bball iq makes no sense. I guess he's an nba starter and probable all-star/all-defensive team player because the coaches just like him because he's flashy????

• Like 1