• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks vs Raps

exodus

:thumbsupsmileyanim:

----and the Hawks never missed a beat. They just kept on winning.

As bad as I hate to admit it, Marvin is becoming our most important player. Not as a player, but

AS A TRADING PIECE.

Could we please send Marvin, Evans, Teague and a first round pick for CP3. Then, we send

Josh Smith to Toronto for their starting center and their 1st round pick and filler.

Raps have a nice starting center. With him here, we add Horford @ PF instead of J Smooove

Joe J @ the other foreward, our "Other Crawford" @ the 2 guard and CP3 @ PG.

We still have our 6th man of the year on the bench and he gets most of the time @ 2 guard

but he doesn't start, therefore preserving his 6th man role. Also, give the man his extention.

I know the salaries don't match and no one would do these trades but, if they did it would

give the Hawks a great team. D-League players could be used to fill up the end of the bench.

:vacation1:

• Premium Member

That was just a fun game to watch last night. Bibby hitting that three near the end of the game when we had time to set up for a two point shot but instead pulling straight up and nailing the three was just ice cold murder. Old Craw looked sizzling last night, including that crazy three pointer from almost half court.

• Moderators

They only shot 30% from 3. I think they shot too many 3s. It isn't like the Raps have anyone to guard the rim.

Poorly played game and they were lucky to win.

This was the same issue with the Bucks in the playoffs last season. When you dominate a team's frontcourt it is dissappointing to see a team settle for so many jumpers and not abuse the other team inside.

• Premium Member

I love how Bibbs can kill and save a team in the same night. I call it The Bibby Paradox.

We MUST somehow keep Crawford! How can we lose this guy? He is the best bench player in the NBA hands down

I agree. I think he's showing ownership and Sund just how important he is to this current team. When we us the word "core" as we so often do in regards to these guys, it's time to include Jamal. I hope we find a way to keep this guy around.

Edited by buckeye242424

Was it just me or did Smoove have terrible body language and attitude during that game?

There was something wrong with Josh last night. He looked like he stayed out all night or something. He was a step slow on defense and rebounding all night, and didn't challenge any shots. Shots that Josh normally blocks easily were layups for the other team last night. To make matters worse he started jacking up fadeways and three pointers. It's one of the worst games he has played this year.

It's funny I felt the same way about Al Horford in that game, but then I check the box score and he has a double double and shot over 50% from the floor. It didn't seem like he played 35 plus minutes; it was a quite night for AL.

I don't think it's good for the team when we ISO ball with Joe and Jamal early on. While they did hit alot of shots early, it killed us later on because the rest of the team had no rhythm.

• Moderators

I think Smoove gets down on himself when he's missing so many shots. The dude had 9 rebounds and 4 assists so its not like he wasn't contributing. 3-15 is horrible no doubt.

Did you see Etan didn't make the trip because he was snow bound in his Atlanta home?? WTF? Does he live in the woods? I've been stuck at home too but if i had to get to toronto i could have made it to the airport no problem. I guess he figured what's the point.

Lets just trade for Barbosa.

recap

Hawks coach Larry Drew said he sometimes flinches when he sees Crawford launch a 30-foot shot.

"He shot that thing from almost half court," Drew said.

Crawford said he understands how his coach feels.

"I think I would flinch too if I was watching somebody else shoot from that far out," Crawford said.

lol the crazy part is its one thing to do those things at home with the crowd behind you but its a totally different animal to do it someone elses building .

:thumbsdownsmileyanim:

J Smoove is great! No question about that. However, he is not sacred as some believe.

He does some things that are unbelieveable. Great passes. Now, he's hitting his free throws.

He's hitting 3's consistently.

Yet, he is far from perfect. Sometimes he plays like an all star. Other times, he appears to pout

like a baby. When he does this, he is usually a step behind and when he gets the chance, he

tries to do everything all by himself.

When fans talk about a trade involving J Smoove, his fans think we've got a screw loose just

to consider such a thing. Yet, he has never made the all star team. Never been appointed and

surely not elected. Why? Because, as great as we all know that he is, he's not. Sorry about that.

I can't help it. I don't elect or even appoint. I just go by what everyone else does. He's not THAT

great.

Most fans believe that this Hawk team needs a real, honest to goodness center and an all star

PG. To arrive at these two necessary parts, they are willing to give Marvin Williams and filler

for the two. Really!

:comp_virus: