• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The mystery continues...

ATL_BALLER

Earlier I posted: ..why again does management believe in this core? Again, I am beyond tired of hearing the same post game rhetoric:

"We need to..."

"We should have..."

"We have to..."

On tonight's eeked-out win vs. Sac, Drew said: “I told the guys that was embarrassing. Not playing with a sense of urgency, not giving that team respect.”

My question to you all: Why DON'T they play with urgency? What, in your estimation, is wrong with this particular group of players, when they know what they should be doing?

Edited by ATL_BALLER

• Premium Member

Earlier I posted: ..why again does management believe in this core? Again, I am beyond tired of hearing the same post game rhetoric:

"We need to..."

"We should have..."

"We have to..."

On tonight's eeked-out win vs. Sac, Drew said: “I told the guys that was embarrassing. Not playing with a sense of urgency, not giving that team respect.”

My question to you all: Why DON'T they play with urgency? What, in your estimation, is wrong with this particular group of players, when they know what they should be doing?

Its hard for undisciplined teams to be up for every game with the same energy. Our players do realize that they're playnig a 9-21 team. We are undisciplined

• Like 1

Probably because there is no urgency. They are very likely to be the #5 seed in the playoffs.

Seeding doesn't really matter.They know they are not good

enough to win anything with the current roster.They need a trade

to bring in some new blood to real contender.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I wonder why it's even necessary to beg grown men that make more money than the president to work hard.

• Like 2

• Moderators

Complacency is the word right. The owners have shown no willingness to ship off underperforming players and the coaches have really had no choice but to play them because we have no depth. LD showed some signs of benching guys when they were lazy early on but seems to have gone away from that.

The thing is it can click at anytime. To say they will always be this way is not true but I do agree some fresh talent would help. Especially if it was a vet.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

I want you all to watch the Lakers. Watch the Spurs. Watch the Celtics. Look at the players' faces. Ignore the game, the score, all of that. Just look at how those players and coaches carry themselves. Go back and look at any championship team and most of the runners up. The Reggie Miller led Pacers. Stockton and Malone. Barkley's Suns. Ewing's Knicks. The '03 Pistons. There is an element to the game that goes beyond the numbers.

It's an attitude. These guys don't go out to just win - they go to work. It's not a game. They have lapses. Every team does. But for teams that lead the pack, every basket, every defensive set, every game, every season they get after it. Everyone is accountable. Even the guys who average 3 minutes a game - they get on the court and give 150% for that 3 minutes.

You ever see the look Kobe gives a guy when they take "that shot" or try "that pass" or the look he has on his face when that guy goes straight to the basket. Hell, on some teams, like Riley's Heat, there was always a "no layup" rule. You ever seen Popavich bench his big 3 midway through the 1st? Ever see the razor blades in Sloan's eyes in a huddle? You know that look of completely disgusted disbelief on Phil Jackson's face as the Lakers call time? You see that electricity and fire...the synergy between the Celtic's players? Even that one red headed white guy has it when he gets on the court. Their front offices are the same way. They push that pen and they dial those numbers with the same kind of passion - and they will not hesitate to pull the trigger.

People...it's a difference in culture. It's attitude. None of these teams go out to get respect. None of these teams fear what other teams are doing. They make moves for one reason - to win. They don't TRY, they go out and they take it. That attitude just...isn't here. We have one guy on this team who has been trying to change that. He shouldn't be co-captain. They should let him own it.

• Like 3

Wretch, you nailed it. Honestly, winning record and all, I wish I could blow up this entire franchise, top to bottom, save Al. He has that attitude, that pedigree, that fire that you speak of.

New ownership management, new coach, new players, new culture.

Edited by ATL_BALLER

Yeah I think this all goes back to one of our biggest weaknesses.....depth. We don't have enough good players on the bench to really push our starters and keep them from being complacent.

They know there is no competition behind them and pretty much no chance of them losing their starting spot or minutes so now you see the byproduct of that.

The team doesn't have a mid-tier caliber point guard much less a championship worthy one, simple as that. The city doesn't believe this roster can compete with the best and the players knows this to be true. I mean they have 29 million+ invested in shooting guards.