• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

There's an opportunity!

Diesel

• Premium Member

Andray Blatche has worn out his welcome in Washington.

The people want him traded.

I know he makes mental mistakes, but this guy is a man child.

He's 6'11" 260.

He's 16/8 PF/C

Not even 25 yet. I think he could play next to Horf and give us a big who can play in the post.

I think being around our guys, he could mature to be just what we need.

What will it cost?

Obviously a first and an expiring. However, not much. Nothing core or close.

• Premium Member

I hate watching that guy play. He makes Josh Smith's decision making look good.

Edited by NineOhTheRino

• Admin

He has a significant contract....he is strictly a pf even though he is 6'11 and just add to the redundancy we have and he is a bad defender. It doesn't help us at all. If we want a player from Washington it is J. McGee (although he is not really available).

• Premium Member

I had the unfortunate experience of watching Blatche play regularly when I lived in DC. He's one of those guys who looks promising on paper, but is painful to watch on court. He's a jump-shooting PF/C who plays no defense. None. At all. There was a video of him that went slightly viral earlier this year, showing him completely giving up on a pick-and-roll despite the fact that the screen was terrible. That's a regular occurrence. He has no desire to even pretend he's trying on defense.

If he ends up in a Hawks uniform, I'm going postal.

Edited by niremetal
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

It's a question of coaching.

So we have a 6'9 PF who likes to shoot a bit too much. Now, we are afraid to go after a 6'11" PF/C because we're afraid he will shoot too much. Are we conceding that our coach is not capable of coaching guys to do?

I don't know. These are the kind of guys you take a chance on unless they are mentally unstable like Rider. Everytime I see Blatche he's abusing somebody. I wouldn't mortgage the farm for him though.

I would be willing to shed:

Evans, Zaza, and a first to get him.

• Premium Member

It's a question of coaching.

So we have a 6'9 PF who likes to shoot a bit too much. Now, we are afraid to go after a 6'11" PF/C because we're afraid he will shoot too much. Are we conceding that our coach is not capable of coaching guys to do?

I would be willing to shed:

Evans, Zaza, and a first to get him.

Yes! Under Drew Josh Smith has regressed to a jump shooting freak. Under Drew the Hawks team period has become far more dependent on jumpers and less concerned with defending. So we should expect Drew to fix Blatche? Not happening!

With a better coach or a team that his strong Veteran leadership (Boston)...yes! This team...no way!

Edited by NineOhTheRino
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

Yes! Under Drew Josh Smith has regressed to a jump shooting freak. Under Drew the Hawks team period has become far more dependent on jumpers and less concerned with defending. So we should expect Drew to fix Blatche? Not happening!

With a better coach or a team that his strong Veteran leadership (Boston)...yes! This team...no way!

IF our coach couldn't coach Dwight Howard or CP3 would you not get them?

I'm saying that we can get this player with a lot of potential. IF Drew can't coach, then Drew can be replaced. IF Drew can coach, then Drew will get the potential out. However, you don't turn down potential for bad coaching.

• Like 1

• Moderators

You think we are more dependent on jumpers and less concerned with defending than last year? I don't agree with that. We look much better defensively and at least we are getting the ball into Horf and Smoove when they are there. Even Joe is going to the hole a lot more than he did last year.

I'm not sure what people expected a coach to do but i can't imagine LD doing a much better job than this.

• Like 2