• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

You want respect......how about a little from the KING himself?

HawkItus

Name of external link

“There's not one clear cut team that's better than the other,” Heat forward LeBron James said. “I think Boston is on top for a reason. They've proven it and they're playing some great basketball. But when you look at one through four, us, Orlando, Chicago, Atlanta and Boston -- you can't take Orlando out of it even though they're not in the top four. It's a lot of competition in the Eastern Conference and it's going to be sweet to see how things shape up.”

• Premium Member

LeBron has always mentioned the Hawks as one of the tougher teams in the East when he was with the Cavs. Usually it is about coming to Philips Arena to play though. Either way, it's good that at least the reigning MVP shows us a little bit of respect.

I think he respects Marvin more than anyone on this board. After his performance last night, the Hawks should be flattered.

Yeah Marvin shut down Bron in the playoffs.

He only scored 34 pts (56% FG), 9 rebounds, 6 assists, 3 steals and 1 block during the series in 08-09 playoffs.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Yeah Marvin shut down Bron in the playoffs.

He only scored 34 pts (56% FG), 9 rebounds, 6 assists, 3 steals and 1 block during the series in 08-09 playoffs.

And Marvin was only playing through injuries to his back and his wrist. When healthy, Marvin checks LeBron as well as anyone in the league (the other contenders are Deng, Grant Hill, and GWallace). Which is to say that while he won't be able to stop LeBron on the nights where he decides to go MJ (no one can, as the '07 Pistons can attest), he can make LeBron's life difficult the rest of the time.

Edited by niremetal

And Marvin was only playing through injuries to his back and his wrist. When healthy, Marvin checks LeBron as well as anyone in the league (the other contenders are Deng, Grant Hill, and GWallace). Which is to say that while he won't be able to stop LeBron on the nights where he decides to go MJ (no one can, as the '07 Pistons can attest), he can make LeBron's life difficult the rest of the time.

Show me one game where Marvin has stopped LeBron.

http://bkref.com/tiny/VlrTq

I'm sorry im not buying the Marvin "Bron Stopper" like most people here.

You do know Marvin wasn't on Lebron for the whole game thanks to Woody switching. Marvin defends Bron better than anyone in the league at his position.

• Premium Member

You do know Marvin wasn't on Lebron for the whole game thanks to Woody switching. Marvin defends Bron better than anyone in the league at his position.

Yup. The 2/8/08 game, LeBron scored 10 during the 39 minutes that Marvin was in the game, and 16 during the 9 minutes he was out. That's happened a few times. Marvin came as close to shutting him down as anyone I've ever seen on 12/29/09. Even LeBron gave him props after that game, if memory serves. A couple nights later LeBron went crazy. That's what happens.

In any case, no one shuts down LeBron completely, or even most times they face him. No one. At all. He's in the category of about 10 players in the whole history of the league who simply can't be stopped when he's on. The best you can hope for is a guy who bothers him and forces him to take lower percentage shots with a hand (or three) in his face. Marvin does that. On nights where LeBron goes MJ, it won't matter. On nights where he's mortal, Marvin makes sure it shows.

Edited by niremetal