• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks-Clippers

IHeartAtlanta

Not only that but his fall wasn't "twice" as hard but it's funny how selective some memories are, especially when it's regarding Marvin. I fully expect Al to miss some time and thankfully our next 4 opponents aren't exactly great teams.

He brought most of the "selective memory" on himself. And the Clippers arent exactly a great team either, but we needed Al to pull this one off. No lead is safe around here. Hasnt been for years.

Edited by terrell

I wouldn't call it a great win but I will take it

True - but it was fun...Craw went wild and Smoove woke up and AL made the key play - JJ also kept us in it early. Entertaining. The crowd got their money's worth tonight.

Actually Al kept us in it too - can't believe he had 23 points while the guys were jacking threes like eating popcorn.

Edited by DJlaysitup

• Admin

True - but it was fun...Craw went wild and Smoove woke up and AL made the key play - JJ also kept us in it early. Entertaining. The crowd got their money's worth tonight.

Actually Al kept us in it too - can't believe he had 23 points while the guys were jacking threes like eating popcorn.

We definitely are shooting too many threes.

I wish we had more of an inside presence

Edited by capstone21

Can anyone tell me if we are the last in the league in freethrow attempts? I swear everytime i look at the boxscore the other team has more ft's than us. Tonight Joe johnson 0 fts. Josh smith 0 fts ONLY 3 of our players shot a FT. The clippers had 28 fts

Edited by yungsta

Gotta give Marvin big props for that clutch 3 that he hit late and even more props to Smoove for that monstrous tip-in that he had to put us up 1. And also need to give a lot of credit to LD for that awesome play call, which if you were paying attention coming out of the timeout you could hear LD tell Horford draw the foul and man oh man did he do that!!

Can anyone tell me if we are the last in the league in freethrow attempts? I swear everytime i look at the boxscore the other team has more ft's than us. Tonight Joe johnson 0 fts. Josh smith 0 fts ONLY 3 of our players shot a FT. The clippers had 28 fts

We're 2nd to last, slightly ahead of Golden State and we're averaging 22 attempts per game. The Thunder are #1 at 30.5 per game and for reference the Clippers are #4 at 27.2 per game.

Gotta give Marvin big props for that clutch 3 that he hit late and even more props to Smoove for that monstrous tip-in that he had to put us up 1. And also need to give a lot of credit to LD for that awesome play call, which if you were paying attention coming out of the timeout you could hear LD tell Horford draw the foul and man oh man did he do that!!...

Yeah, AL said in the locker room interview that he thought he had made it around the corner - then Blake surprised him by attacking so hard.

On first look I didn't think it was a flagrant - but then after seeing it a second time I agree with the call. Actually it didn't matter (except for the wear and tear on Horford) - he was getting two Fts anyways.

Glad they pulled it out, but it never should have come down to Horford going all clutch MVP on them fools. We gotta find a way to put teams away in the 4th--we are breaking down time and time again.

And thx for the stats Dolfan...we REALLY gotta start earning our way to the charity stripe more. Yeah, getting an inside presence would help, but until we do that, we have to find other ways to get to the line.

Hopefully Horford is ok, but I fully expect him to miss a few games. I couldn't help but stand up and applaud when he walked to the line..and then he nailed BOTH freebies. I totally expected him to miss at least one knowing he couldn't straighten his back.

Edited by TheTruth

• Premium Member

Another terrible 4th quarter and possibly an injury, but Horford is a beast. I wish Josh would adopt the same mentality.

Josh played phenomenal defense and came up with huge plays down the stretch tonight. His numbers looked bad but Josh Smith played a hell of a game tonight.

Josh played phenomenal defense and came up with huge plays down the stretch tonight. His numbers looked bad but Josh Smith played a hell of a game tonight.

Phenomenal defense is a stretch, but I was talking about the mentality a strong drive whenever the slightest advantage is there. Josh did make some big plays, though.

• Admin

Phenomenal defense is a stretch, but I was talking about the mentality a strong drive whenever the slightest advantage is there. Josh did make some big plays, though.

He did also take that inappropriate 3 when there is only 2 minutes left and we are down by 4 (and there was still 5 seconds on the clock).

Just because you are open Josh does not mean you should take that shot

Another terrible 4th quarter and possibly an injury, but Horford is a beast. I wish Josh would adopt the same mentality.

As do I, but I don't think we'll ever see that happen, unfortunately.

Did y'all see Josh's face after he dove on the floor for the loose ball and then got called for the foul on Foye (I believe it was)? Yeah, that was a bad call, but he literally looked like he was about to bust out crying. He blocked Foye after that, but then just walked up the floor way behind everyone and then chucked up that 3 the second he got the ball... SMH.

If he could ever really get it together between his ears he'd be dangerous.

i was at the game tonight Phillips was electric i was even sitting next to

Clippers fans to, Mo Evans looks like a clowin' wit those big red shoes on

and trying to grow his hair back, Al Horford is the soul of the team and watching josh

smiths jumpers is pretty brutal cause it looks worse Jamal Crawfords crosses had the

crowd stoopid hype tonight made me feel like bein' a Hawks fan for all these years may

pay off.

• Like 1

How come Jamal drops 34 points and no word about it in this thread?

What about JJ one assist and one rebound away from triple double?

Griffin had to work hard for his 19 points in this one and love it.

• Like 2