• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

How come we don't see this lineup more?

Wurider05

I really liked how the Crawford-JJ-Marv-Smoove-Horford lineup played last night. It obvious that this lacks a pg but Bibby is really a 2-guard running pt. I would go out on a leash and say that Craw has superior pg skills than Bibby. I wonder if there is a specific reason we don't see it more. I am not sure who actually ran point but I guess it doesn't matter if we are doing the motion offense.

our bench rotation would be:

Teague/Bibby

Bibby?MO/Wilkins

MO/Wilkins

Powell

ZAZA

Edited by Wurider05

• Admin

I really liked how the Crawford-JJ-Marv-Smoove-Horford lineup played last night. It obvious that this lacks a pg but Bibby is really a 2-guard running pt. I would go out on a leash and say that Craw has superior pg skills than Bibby. I wonder if there is a specific reason we don't see it more. I am not sure who actually ran point but I guess it doesn't matter if we are doing the motion offense.

our bench rotation would be:

Teague/Bibby

Bibby?MO/Wilkins

MO/Wilkins

Powell

ZAZA

Crawford shouldn't be starting. His role is perfect for him. He comes in and changes the pace of things. Starters are tired and opposing bench players have to match up against him. So we can rest starters and still have a scoring 'starter' out there that other teams have to deal with.

If you go out on a leash...can you get very far? :P

• Like 2

I would like to see Biibby-Crawford-Johnson-Horford-Collins more, at least for the periods of time where the frontcourt defense can compensate for the back while the threes rain.

That's a bad lineup, the rim will stay being attacked but perimeter players. Bledsoe and Davis run amok last night v. us.

I would like to see Biibby-Crawford-Johnson-Horford-Collins more, at least for the periods of time where the frontcourt defense can compensate for the back while the threes rain.

Check the Smith vs david lee thread. I show the defensive points per possession and the worst are primarily when crawford/bibby are on the floor together.

• Like 1

Check the Smith vs david lee thread. I show the defensive points per possession and the worst are primarily when crawford/bibby are on the floor together.

It was always curious to me why Bibby and Craw ever get extended minutes together in a close game. It just doesn't make any sense. Its damn near 5 on 3 when they are in together.

• Like 1

It was always curious to me why Bibby and Craw ever get extended minutes together in a close game. It just doesn't make any sense. Its damn near 5 on 3 when they are in together.

I'm assuming it has something to do with having 3 pt range and the fact that Jamal is the only guy we got on the bench that we'd want in the game if its close. Most of our bench players have such a negative impact on the offensive side of the ball that their contributions on defense become mute.

Woody used to run the Bibby-Jamal-Joe-Josh-Al lineup to death in the 4th and bring Marvin in the last 30 seconds after the lead was destroyed and we failed to rebound a single miss. Drew started with the same mentality but has recently begun to bring Marvin in earlier and earlier in the 4th. It's not even that Bibby and Jamal are such a bad defensive duo but when you add Joe to that bunch then you have a very terrible rebounding trio. This would be fine if we had Dwight Howard in the middle but instead we have the entire rebounding burden being put on Al and Josh who are good but not great at it. As you'd imagine having to cover for both Bibs and Jamal takes these guys even further out of rebounding position allowing other teams numerous chances on offense while we go one and done at the other end.

• Premium Member

The Bibby-Crawford line up should be banned unless we are down big in the 4th quarter! There is no logic behind it when protecting a lead. Neither Crawford or Bibby are consistent enough from the outside to be relied upon as "The offense" particularly in the 4th quarter. Games are consistently won with defense and rebounding not with gimmicks. Fans want to see gimmicks like buzzer beaters but coaches, at least the good ones should know better!

The Bibby-Crawford line up should be banned unless we are down big in the 4th quarter! There is no logic behind it when protecting a lead. Neither Crawford or Bibby are consistent enough from the outside to be relied upon as "The offense" particularly in the 4th quarter. Games are consistently won with defense and rebounding not with gimmicks. Fans want to see gimmicks like buzzer beaters but coaches, at least the good ones should know better!

Bingo! I sit there in total amazement that a guy is getting paid to be a NBA coach doesn't realize this. We have lost a lot of leads in the 4th with the Bibby-Craw backcourt. Two streaky shooters with suspect defense. That's not a good recipe for success.

They shall be known and the Chuck Brothers. LOL