• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Blake Griffin Top 10 Dunks

JackB1

• Premium Member

I'd contend that it's not so much "force," as it is simply his chest and that it's so unusual to see someone with that body type to have the vertical that he does.

In fact, I was pretty PO'd that Griffin got the highlight reel treatment for a rather benign dunk when Josh and Joe worked what was far-and-away the prettiest dunk of the game.

That kid is special...I love watching him play.

Those are some nice dunks, but perhaps his most memorable play of the season occurred very early in the season--and it wasn't even a dunk: The epic 360 degree layup.

Although no one will mistake him as a great ballhandler (as quite evident in the above video), he does have that look when he goes to dunk that he is going to punish the rim.

Its called playing to your strength and not playing soft. He isn't trying to be a finesse player like our Smoove. When you are the most athletic player on the floor you should use it to your advantage. Smoove should be playing like this kid. There is no reason why Josh should be top five in rebounds every year. I hope that he is watching Blake and looking in the mirror because talent wise they are very close but it a matter of how the talent is being used.

Josh Smith is the consensus #3 player on this board, and all I hear about is how he should be dropping 20 and 10 every night. Smoove is more Lamar Odom than he is Blake Griffin. His post game is slightly above average, and he has a mediocre jump shot. Of course Blake Griffin is a better player than Smoove he's not a tweener forward who started off in this League as a SF. Blake Griffin actually is big and strong enough to back pf's down on a nightly basis. Maybe you guys expectations from Smoove are too high. I do agree that Smoove should play smarter but 16 pts and 9 rebounds from your 3rd best player ain't too bad.