• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Horford's father is now asking GM Sund to improve the team

hawks21

Tito Horford, on Tuesday, talked to the Atlanta Journal-Consitution's Jeff Schwartz:

"I've been begging [general manager] Rick Sund and the Hawks for the last three years -- please get a center so my son can play his normal position," the elder Horford said Tuesday from his home in the Dominican Republic. "He can't push guys out of the box like I could. If he moved to forward, he would have a longer career."

http://blogs.ajc.com/jeff-schultz-blog/2011/02/08/al-horford-an-all-star-at-center-but-hes-taking-a-beating/?cxntfid=blogs_jeff_schultz_blog

• Like 1

Tito Horford, on Tuesday, talked to the Atlanta Journal-Consitution's Jeff Schwartz:

"I've been begging [general manager] Rick Sund and the Hawks for the last three years -- please get a center so my son can play his normal position," the elder Horford said Tuesday from his home in the Dominican Republic. "He can't push guys out of the box like I could. If he moved to forward, he would have a longer career."

http://blogs.ajc.com/jeff-schultz-blog/2011/02/08/al-horford-an-all-star-at-center-but-hes-taking-a-beating/?cxntfid=blogs_jeff_schultz_blog

Welcome to last week. How much do you charge to take a ride in your time machine? I've always wanted to try one out.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

We have an ownership problem. It was a problem when Knight was GM, and it is a problem now.

I agree. A lot of people get upset with Sund, but what do you expect him to do or say? The ownership pretty much controls what he can and can't do and can and can't say.

• Admin

He is just wasting his time. Rick Sund is a lazy douche bag. He isn't going to make any moves he is just collecting a paycheck until his retirement comes.

Like every other GM he is trying to see if the right deal is out there. There is no point to make a deal just to make a deal. He has to find the right pieces that work for us and that will work for the other team.

• Premium Member

Rick Sund knew when he signed here that he was a YES man and that was part of the deal. Sund has no more power with the Hawks than us fans on Hawksquawk.

Exactly. Gearon is the real GM of the Hawks. He won't make any trades and he won't spend a penny over the luxury tax. This team is stuck as first round warriors for the next three to four years before age and contract expirings will break up the "core".

I honestly think that if Horford and Smith played against other, Smith would own Horford in a game. Horford has slower feet, and he wouldn't be able to defend an athlete like Josh.

Being athletic will help you on the fast break but I doubt it helps you that much in an 1 on 1 game. Gimme Horf all day.

• Premium Member

Being athletic will help you on the fast break but I doubt it helps you that much in an 1 on 1 game. Gimme Horf all day.

I have to agree with this. I don't think Josh fares that well against guys who are more physical than he is. I think that's why you see some inconsistency with Josh. Some nights, the guy he's playing is more finesse and you'll see Josh attack the basket more and when the opponent is more physical, you'll see him shooting more jumpers. As a 4, Horford doesn't have that issue.

• Premium Member

Exactly. Gearon is the real GM of the Hawks. He won't make any trades and he won't spend a penny over the luxury tax. This team is stuck as first round warriors for the next three to four years before age and contract expirings will break up the "core".

I remember years ago when Turner owned the team if we needed to make a change Kasten had the ok to do it. Gearon will not make a deal to improve the team because he apparently thinks the average fan is stupid and cant see this team has peaked or they are just dang cheap, or both. I will go with both.

I dont think the Hawks could win a series with Boston, Miami, Chicago for sure and New York would be tough on them along with Miliwaukee at this point in the season. We barely came thru last year with M'kee..

Edited by Vol4ever