• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Do we need to get rid of Marvin? or should we rid Jamal or Bibby?

JTB

41 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This isnt anything new but having 2 players that are all or nothing that we heavily depend on every game is killing us. I mean one is enough. Neither Bibby or Jamal can play any defense. Its offense or nothing for these guys and of course LD see's this. Jamal may be better offensively only because he is better in iso other than that they both aint sh*t if their jumper isnt falling.Then you have Mr. Marvin Williams and yeah he upset's me just like he does many others but Marvin has shown that he can defend atleast better than Jamal and Bibby plus he seems to be more aggressive as well as a better player off the bench. The point is that Marvin may upset us and of course his jumper isnt better than bibby or jamal's but his game is not one sided like Jamal and Bibby's. There should be some heavy thought in this trade if the hawks actually make one cause offense is important but the fact that we can't defend even after getting buckets keeps almost any team in the NBA with us. So my poll of the night ask who needs to be moved or rather who should be kept?

Important note for voters:

Hawksquawk keep in mind again that Jamal and Bibby are all or nothing players with their offense. Neither are great defenders. Not saying Marvin is a great defender but I have to give Marv props on this one he sure as hell is better than Bibb's and Jamal when it comes to defense. Marv dont have a all or nothing game. So if a trade goes down and hopefully it will should we really get rid of Marv before we think about moving Jamal or Bibby?

oh and Im not defending Marv Im just trying to make our team better. I picked that we should rid Jamal for a starting PG and move bibby to the bench with Marv.

Edited by JTB

Sup yall, (relatively) long time lurker, first time poster. You can tell by my screen name I know my Hawks(first random player I thought of haha)

I would trade Jamal for these reasons:

-biggest return off trade

-his scoring can be replaced

-we will get nothing when he walks after the season

He is the best player out of the 3, but that is also the biggest reason we have to trade him. I also feel that the production he brings can be filled in by the rest of the team + what he brings back more so than in Marvin's case.

• Like 1

Sup yall, (relatively) long time lurker, first time poster. You can tell by my screen name I know my Hawks(first random player I thought of haha)

He is the best player out of the 3, but that is also the biggest reason we have to trade him. I also feel that the production he brings can be filled in by the rest of the team + what he brings back more so than in Marvin's case.

I agree and I will also add to this that our biggest needs, (defense and rebounding) are not being helped by Jamal out there, as well as Bibby, but for the reasons mentioned above, Jamal should go before Bibby. I also think that Bibby provides a more calming aura to the team than Jamal does.

saying that his scoring can be replaced by the rest of the team is a joke if that was the case then where is it ? If the rest of team could score that well then we should be 5-6 games better than we are now .

The other reasons I agree with but claiming that what he brings is easily replaceable by what we currently have on our team now is simply not true .

Trading jamal does nothing

trading Bibby does nothing

trading Marvin does nothing .

Some Hawks fans need to get there heads out of the sand we have at best a team full of # 2 and #3 s we need to get ourself a #1 or all you are doing is shuffling the deck on chairs on the titanic .

If JOE,AL, OR JOSH dont raise there games this year in the playoffs enough to get us out of the 2nd round well then we should be taking the protections off and looking to trade any combination of players on our team for a #1 .

Those 3 guys next year will make up over 50% of our cap and all we do is talk about Bibby ,Jamal or Marvin .

Its about time we put the onus on our little three to either step up and help the franchise to take the next step or we make a move for a player or players that can .

Thats why I dont feel we will make a move at the deadline . Its just more excusing the core players and blaming everything on the role players. Its time for one of them to step up and take responsibility for this franchise if they cant well then they should be gone .

• Premium Member

Welcome BimboColes... Hookie Hookie High

saying that his scoring can be replaced by the rest of the team is a joke if that was the case then where is it ? If the rest of team could score that well then we should be 5-6 games better than we are now .

The other reasons I agree with but claiming that what he brings is easily replaceable by what we currently have on our team now is simply not true .

Some Hawks fans need to get there heads out of the sand we have at best a team full of # 2 and #3 s we need to get ourself a #1 or all you are doing is shuffling the deck on chairs on the titanic .

If JOE,AL, OR JOSH dont raise there games this year in the playoffs enough to get us out of the 2nd round well then we should be taking the protections off and looking to trade any combination of players on our team for a #1 .

Those 3 guys next year will make up over 50% of our cap and all we do is talk about Bibby ,Jamal or Marvin .

Its about time we put the onus on our little three to either step up and help the franchise to take the next step or we make a move for a player or players that can .

Thats why I dont feel we will make a move at the deadline . Its just more excusing the core players and blaming everything on the role players. Its time for one of them to step up and take responsibility for this franchise if they cant well then they should be gone .

Crank, I don't totally disagree with your assessment. I think that we do have to expect better from all our players. I think we don't trade Bibby because he is only signed for one more year and as a back up, he would be good off the bench. We don't trade Jamal because he can step up. However, Marvin.. what exactly does Marvin bring for 8 million dollars over the next 4 years??

For the 11 people that Choose Jamal over Marvin, tell me, What do we miss when Marvin is out? For 8 million dollars.

Crank, I don't totally disagree with your assessment. I think that we do have to expect better from all our players. I think we don't trade Bibby because he is only signed for one more year and as a back up, he would be good off the bench. We don't trade Jamal because he can step up. However, Marvin.. what exactly does Marvin bring for 8 million dollars over the next 4 years??

For the 11 people that Choose Jamal over Marvin, tell me, What do we miss when Marvin is out? For 8 million dollars.

Well Im sure the 11 people are like me. We know Jamal and Bibby are better than Marvin but the fact that they arent much anything unless their shot is falling makes you think that maybe one of them should be traded for a starting PG or Center. Probably PG more than likely. Dont get me wrong now I like Jamal alot and bibbs too but they cant defend worth a lick, so that makes them all or nothing players in my opnion cause they are all about offense. Then Jamal gets us back a better player than bibbs or marvin as well. Thats just how I look at it.

• Premium Member

I said it at the start of the year, trade crawford. Send him and a 1st round pick with teauge or bibby and we should get back a starting pg.Let JC2 play more and prove that the jc2 draft pick wasnt a waste.

• Premium Member

Well Im sure the 11 people are like me. We know Jamal and Bibby are better than Marvin but the fact that they arent much anything unless their shot is falling makes you think that maybe one of them should be traded for a starting PG or Center. Probably PG more than likely. Dont get me wrong now I like Jamal alot and bibbs too but they cant defend worth a lick, so that makes them all or nothing players in my opnion cause they are all about offense. Then Jamal gets us back a better player than bibbs or marvin as well. Thats just how I look at it.

That don't make sense? What Basketball player is anything if his shot isn't falling? If Lebron's shot stops falling, guess what? He's not much of anything. I'm looking at money... we're spending big money on Marvin and he's not productive. Therefore, he should go. I would add Zaza to the poll also. We can't pay these guys over 5 million dollars to be backups that can't produce. About defense, it's always been a red herring. If we bring in a defensive PG like Tony Douglas, our defense will change immediately. I think Bibby is a bigger problem than Craw but defense is not our main problem. Our main problem is that we have scoring droughts. Marvin doesn't help.

i watch the 4th qrt. losses a the most if not all came when marvin on the bench and jamal and bibby in the game for scoring and to spread the floor. when jamal was out if the game was lost it was not by a bad defense in the last qrt. because we had a lease four players playing some defense not just three.

That don't make sense? What Basketball player is anything if his shot isn't falling? If Lebron's shot stops falling, guess what? He's not much of anything. I'm looking at money... we're spending big money on Marvin and he's not productive. Therefore, he should go. I would add Zaza to the poll also. We can't pay these guys over 5 million dollars to be backups that can't produce. About defense, it's always been a red herring. If we bring in a defensive PG like Tony Douglas, our defense will change immediately. I think Bibby is a bigger problem than Craw but defense is not our main problem. Our main problem is that we have scoring droughts. Marvin doesn't help.

wow really! No sir! IfLBJ shot isnt falling guess what he can get to the lane whenever he wants just about and he draw a ton a fouls! Crawford or bibbs dont do that. Oh and I agree zaza can be added to the poll but he wont bring a nice peice back in return so why bother trading him if we're just gonna get another skill-less player in return.

The scoring droughts are because our main scorers are shooters. we need some guys who will get to the lane and maybe be able to draw some fouls or mass some good passes to our bigs for easier buckets such as a layup or dunk. An atleast Marvin can hold his ground in defending better than jamal or bibbs.

by the way im not the one who negged you.

Edited by JTB
  • Like 2

Jamal should be traded while we have the chance, but at least his contract is expiring.

Marvin on the other hand has a hefty contract that not even us wants. His contract is not worth his worth. Simply put.

Edited by Boss

• Premium Member

wow really! No sir! IfLBJ shot isnt falling guess what he can get to the lane whenever he wants just about and he draw a ton a fouls! Crawford or bibbs dont do that. Oh and I agree zaza can be added to the poll but he wont bring a nice peice back in return so why bother trading him if we're just gonna get another skill-less player in return.

The scoring droughts are because our main scorers are shooters. we need some guys who will get to the lane and maybe be able to draw some fouls or mass some good passes to our bigs for easier buckets such as a layup or dunk. An atleast Marvin can hold his ground in defending better than jamal or bibbs.

by the way im not the one who negged you.

you're saying LBJ gets into the lane whenever he wants and draws a ton of fouls...

Crawford can too.

Crawford shot 87% from the FT line and he was second in FTs on our team last year. Smoove was first with his 62% FT%.

you're saying LBJ gets into the lane whenever he wants and draws a ton of fouls...

Crawford can too.

Crawford shot 87% from the FT line and he was second in FTs on our team last year. Smoove was first with his 62% FT%.

ok let's be REALISTIC! I hate LBJ anybody that knows me knows that anyhow we cant compare Crawford with a LBJ! come on now! LBJ gets what he wants just about every time thats the diff between a superstar and just a star. Not saying the calls LBJ or any other superstar get are fair but thats how the ref's call the game. we dont have not one player who can constantly get to the free throw line and you know that. Crawford can get in the lane but not like LBJ. When it comes to getting free throws Jamal aint touching LBJ, Kobe, Wade, Melo, Durant must I go on! Get real!

Edited by JTB
  • Like 1

I said the team + what he brings back. I.e, he brings back a point guard who scores 75% of what he is now and increases the rest of the team's scoring by getting them better shots that covers the other 25% of JC's former scoring. Does that make sense?

His production can be replaced by the team. It's the WAY he produces(1 on 1, creating his own shot, etc.) that can't be. But if we have a good point who can move the ball and keep people involved, we won't need Jamal to come out and "show off".

• Premium Member

I can't disagree with you on this. The Hawks need to look at the big picture rather than simply being fixated on being more competitive this year. With that said, if the Hawks want to have a chance to truly contend (by adding a major player in a year or so), they absolutely have to find a way to move both Marvin and ZaZa, especially Marvin. Jamal and Bibby are not the issue since their contracts are not long term. Marvin and ZaZa are bigger threats because their contracts run longer and neither player is close to providing the value their contracts indicate they should. Trading Jamal and Bibby for a quick fix will not help this team get into a position to be a true contender. It would only ensure more mediocrity and could further threaten the Hawks chances of making a impactful move down the line by saddling them with another long contract. I have to agree with the Hawks stance. Why trade Bibby or Jamal when their contracts will be ending shortly? Unless it's a move that makes the team a legit contender, they just should'nt do it. Marvin and ZaZa are the players they should be trying to move so that they can get more cap space for the next off season.

Edited by Jody23

Add the 2011 & 2013 1rst round picks to those players & you will get something better in return, "that's NBA trade tactics 101". I don't understand why ppl don't want to trade those damned picks.

And for the ppl who think that Jamal > than Marvin:

Marvin's mediocre scoring + his rebounding & defense > Jamal's scoring. Not debatable, stats sometimes are just a joke.

• Premium Member

Hm. I actually miss Jamal's scoring when he's on the court nowadays. the guy's messed up. right, deal one of our best defenders and then resign Jamal who doesn't play a lick of D and can't score anymore like last season... I don't think we're going to get happy with his production over the next few seasons. He's 31 and he's going down for sure.

LOL D, if LolBron's shots stop falling, at least he can rebound and assist his teammates. So does JJ (not at the same level of course). Now you tell me, what if Craw's and Bibby's shots aren't falling. what do you do? Pray?

Oh... and LolBron can even dance! :line dance:

Crawford can too.

Yes, of course. Craw could be the 1st in FT attempts and it wouldn't change a bit. Because we're a jumper-happy team we don't go to the line much. It won't make a difference whether Craw goes to the line more than the other players,

Edited by BrazilianHawk