• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Carmelo traded to Knicks.

I wonder if this forces the Hawks hand to at least add someone like Sessions? We gotta do something now or we very well could see the Hawks falling to the 6th seed.

Screw Sessions, go after Felton if anyone. Denver has maintained the fact that they see Ty Lawson as their PG of the future, so I'd imagine the Nugs will move Felton.

I wonder if this forces the Hawks hand to at least add someone like Sessions? We gotta do something now or we very well could see the Hawks falling to the 6th seed.

I could see us falling to 7th. Philly is playing lights out and are better than us as of now. I would be surprised if New York doesn't have a better record than us if no trade happens with us.

SUND DO YOUR JOB

Edited by GameTime

Hey look at the bright side... we are not Nets fans :D

They forced NY to give up every useful asset and pick when they weren't even contenders for Melo to sign an ext to begin with...

Now they are going to get some of the pieces NY gave up for absolutely nothing...

Naw, Nets fans have plenty of Schadenfreude to go around.

• Like 1

if sund doesnt SOMETHING b4 trade deadline im gonna highly upset. This shows that he doesnt care about winning, he doesnt care about the fans, he doesnt care getting better, he doesnt care about giving the fans something the cheer about. I mean come on this is basically the exact same team that we had when we barely made the playoffs in 08 and since then we get EMBARRASSED EVERY YEAR. Im tired of this bs. I have never seen a team with a winning record like us have sooo many national tv embarrassments.

• Like 1

They forced NY to give up every useful asset and pick when they weren't even contenders for Melo to sign an ext to begin with...

Now they are going to get some of the pieces NY gave up for absolutely nothing...

Naw, Nets fans have plenty of Schadenfreude to go around.

Yup. I would say that was a great strategic move by the Nets, bidding up Melo's price through the roof and forcing their rivals to pay it, even though it was clear they were never going to be serious contenders for a trade because of Melo's refusal to sign an extension there. That's why they re-entered the bidding race after they'd dropped out about 10 days ago, because they wanted to force the Knicks to pay a higher price, and man did they.

Questionable for the Knicks to give up that many young, talented and valuable building block type players in a trade for a player whom they could have signed for nothing more than $$$$ in the offseason (and Melo was ticketed for the Knicks no matter what. He was always very clear about wanting to pay for the Knicks), but I guess that's what they felt they had to do in order to ensure it. I think that in the long run the Nets will have proven to have weakened their rival by forcing their hand and forcing them to overpay like that, and Denver came out very well on this trade too, especially compared to some of the earlier trade iterations when the Knicks were the only bidders and Melo was being valued for relative pennies on the dollar as a result of that.

• Like 1

I hope we make a move, I really do. But I dont think its going to happen honestly

I hope so too. I think the entire Nuggets roster is on the block now. I wish for Felton and/or Nene somehow.

I'm not worried about the Knicks or Sixers this season, even with our current roster. Knicks will have Spike Lee comin offf the bench. Sixers willl find a way to fall apart sooner or later.