• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Point guard search includes Devin Harris

5ATL15

I'd say the Hawks chances are pretty slim but I'm glad Sund is trying.

( The Dallas 3-way with Denver and NJ is not happening reportedly).

It sounds like we need to beat Portland's offer of Pryzbilla / Miller for Harris. Pryzbilla is an expiring contract and Miller only has 1 year left under contract.

Hawks could offer Bibby / ZaZa for Harris. Bibby expires in a year and ZaZa has 2 years left.........throw in a 1st for the heck of it but I think the Nets want the cap relief that Portlands deal affords them so that they can target multiple max free agents in 2 years.

I don't think we have the assets to compete with Portland's deal.......unless the ASG is willing to flip Crawford's expiring contract for Harris and pay some luxury tax. I'm glad Sund is working the phones though.

Edited by coachx

All I am going to say is this: I have been only wishing the Hawks would get Devin Harris for the past few years. He is unhappy in NJ and has no future there. They have shopped him a few times but haven't found a strong enough return. He is exactly what we need in a PG. He is what we had hoped Jeff Teague and Acie Law would be. He's athletic, he can break down defense and he can dish the ball. Most of all, he plays with the team. He will shot if needed but prefers to pass. I think we can get him for Bibby and Marvin. And then we can make a push for a Center elsewhere. Maybe they will throw in Lopez if we give them ZAZA and a future pick.

Edited by frankthetank966

How about Smoove and Teague for Harris and Favors?

I know Atlanta would do that in a nanno second but I can't imagine the Nets would give up Favors without a bonafide star coming in.

Edit: I'm not the guy who -1 you.

Edited by coachx

Do you honestly think Favors will be that good?

I think he will be better then Smoove. I think he will be a beast on the boards for 13 or 14 years.

He reminds me of raw, 20 year old Al Horford who will have the ability to play both PF and C.

Edited by coachx

• Premium Member

I'm going to say this...

Devin Harris is flying under the radar right now, but he is a DAMN good player that is pretty much forgotten in NJ. The guy penetrates, he's fast, he distributes...has good size for a PG, and he plays defense. He's also young and on a VERY reasonable contract. Man, he would be the perfect compliment to JJ. And from what I hear, NJ is TRYING to get rid of him.

This would be a steal of a pickup for us.

Edited by Wretch
  • Like 4

I'm going to say this...

Devin Harris is flying under the radar right now, but he is a DAMN good player that is pretty much forgotten in NJ. The guy penetrates, he's fast, he distributes...has good size for a PG, and he plays defense. He's also young and on a VERY reasonable contract. Man, he would be the perfect compliment to JJ. And from what I hear, NJ is TRYING to get rid of him.

My thoughts exactlty.

Devin is a steal. I would do this for Jamal and a 1st then worry about giving away Marvin and Zaza like we did J Chillz this summer. I think it can be done.

That's right. No need to make this more complicated. Jamal and our 1st should do it - Nets will really desire that flexibility, and they already have interest in Crawford as it is. That's also good for us because Devin makes about 2M less than Jamal, and we were probably going to lose Jamal anyway. This would be a big return on that investment. If we still feel the need for a sparkplug type SG, those types are usually available throughout free agency (guys like Flip).

Of all the PGs mentioned, Devin is the most efficient, and best fit for this club. I've seen some people say that he alone won't be able to make the difference, but I'm not so sure. All of a sudden you'd be starting two All-stars, two borderline All-stars, and Marvin. With Bibby as a fantastic 6th man. Still not great depth at the 2/3 spots, maybe one player away, someone like an Anthony Parker or so. But getting very close!

• Like 2

• Admin

I'm going to say this...

I couldn't agree more. It would be a coup if we could get Harris for JC. We are problably going to lose Crawford in the offseason and he is going to want too much money. Harris adds a need for us and our bench is deeper because we move Marvin and Bibby there to essentially replace JC.

That's right. No need to make this more complicated. Jamal and our 1st should do it - Nets will really desire that flexibility, and they already have interest in Crawford as it is. That's also good for us because Devin makes about 2M less than Jamal, and we were probably going to lose Jamal anyway. This would be a big return on that investment. If we still feel the need for a sparkplug type SG, those types are usually available throughout free agency (guys like Flip).

Of all the PGs mentioned, Devin is the most efficient, and best fit for this club. I've seen some people say that he alone won't be able to make the difference, but I'm not so sure. All of a sudden you'd be starting two All-stars, two borderline All-stars, and Marvin. With Bibby as a fantastic 6th man. Still not great depth at the 2/3 spots, maybe one player away, someone like an Anthony Parker or so. But getting very close!

Yup, this makes too much sense. I don't know who neged you, but I + to even it out.

Good analysis of what we need and why we should do it.